Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

I saw that this problem is being solved. But only for some it happens. For other people, the problem remains in other homes.

Do not forget about the people who said here that they saw the problem in the TV / monitor stores.

One person even bought a laptop and charged it in a store. After a person has discovered a problem.

On 5/18/2020 at 1:40 AM, DerGefallene said:

Sadly I cannot because I sold my old pc.

However: I found some video clips I recorded earlier this year in Bad Company 2 on my old PC. Oddly enough: The same low LOD is present here as well (jaggy shadows or missing objects unless you get closer) and while I didn't have footage of the map I played yesterday (Arica Harbor, where the object popping in the distance was extremely visible), in an end-cutscene in the vietnam addon, I also had texture and object popping. So it really seems like in my case it seems to be game-tied and I only noticed it with my new system but it was always there.

It started when I was playing FIFA 20 on my new PC for the first time and noticed that the aliasing was really low in arena mode. In an older video I saw that it was always like that and it seems like because I've got this beefy system now, I expect things to look their absolute best and expected so much that it seems to me that games are looking much worse now even though they've always looked like that.

I'm only speaking from my POV obviously. Either those games are really meant to look the way they do or there really seems to be some sort of problem where you can get "infected" and I've been a victim on my old system but I never really noticed until now. Gotta live with it (at least in Bad Company 2 there is an enhanced Draw Distance mod. The developer confirmed that these problems are indeed normal) but I hope y'all will find something. Will definitely remember this thread

It does happen in videos as well once you get it. So you might be looking at an old video but once you have got it you will not be able to see it in your new system. The reason I am telling this is because I have had similar situation. So in YouTube I will always be looking at aliasing effects, like jaggies and I didn't find them a lot or like never. And once in another site I found a person who said that even in videos he could see it. I didn't believe it but I decided to look at it anyway and yes he had it. And at the same time I was watching contents from a youtuber , and I probably watched one of his videos for 4 or 5 times in previous two days, like always I was searching for the jaggies in 3d or animation kind of thing and I never saw anything. But after I watched the video of the guy who said his videos too had problems, and then I just went back to the youtuber's channel and suddenly I could see a small clip that was so heavily jagged that I confirmed it can happen in videos as well. How did I know? Because I was watching the same video for 4 5 times for about two days again and again. And I had seen that clip similar number of times and never once did I see anything unusual. But after I checked out the videos of the guy having problem and I watched the same video from YouTube back , I could clearly see  that suddenly my videos also showed the issue. And it was not a mistake. I had been watching the same video for two days repeatedly and I had fresh memories of it and it didn't have any problem. But in space of one to two hours I could see the issue. There are no illusions there, it happened. Maybe I should not have watched the video of the guy with the problem but once I did even I got affected by it. It's weird but I think just looking at a video uploaded by the user with the issue or maybe even the images can transfer the problem. It's very weird. And I think similar things have happened to other people here in this forum before. It's out of my knowledge how but it is a real thing.

Guys, here it's 2:00 in the morning and i'm quite happy that i found lot of other people with my same issues.
I have all of the issues above, my PC has a Ryzen 2600 with an RX 580 8G.

I bought this PC last summer and used it with a pirated version of Windows 10 until a month ago, when i bought a new SSD so i decided to install a fresh windows 10 on it.
That's when i started to notice the issues.
With the old cracked version of Windows 10 i could update the operative system so i couldn't update the GPU drivers in return. And everything worked perfectly fine.
NOw i've already tried almost everything software related, reainstalling the GPU drivers again and again, trying all configurations but nothing. 
Shadows still looks like shit,LOD is still about 5 meters and I can't enjoy any game anymore. I will continue to read all the thread in hope of something.

Also, i think that this problem is one of those addressed in this topic, made just now from a FULLHD monitor since I usually use a 1440p monitor, thinking it could be anything related to freesync, 60-75hz, resolutions and such.
1230348139_Annotazione2020-05-24024515.thumb.jpg.753c35a63bccb0d4ff08bc87930b06d6.jpg1705056532_Annotazione2020-05-24024722.jpg.3a25908e9bd4808301cd249e5da9a2d2.jpg
This is how my grass looks on GTA 5, everything set on maximum.
Same problem for RDR2 (less noticeable) and almost every game has something like that.

UPDATE: I tried to reinstall the GPU drivers i had on december, when as far as i remember i didn't have problems, and nothing changed.

7 hours ago, hellgatsu said:

Also, i think that this problem is one of those addressed in this topic, made just now from a FULLHD monitor since I usually use a 1440p monitor, thinking it could be anything related to freesync, 60-75hz, resolutions and such.
1230348139_Annotazione2020-05-24024515.thumb.jpg.753c35a63bccb0d4ff08bc87930b06d6.jpg1705056532_Annotazione2020-05-24024722.jpg.3a25908e9bd4808301cd249e5da9a2d2.jpg
This is how my grass looks on GTA 5, everything set on maximum.
Same problem for RDR2 (less noticeable) and almost every game has something like that.

UPDATE: I tried to reinstall the GPU drivers i had on december, when as far as i remember i didn't have problems, and nothing changed.

you said that the issue starts when you installed the windows on SSD , so try to unplu the SSD and install the windows on the hdd

Yes, I started to notice it with the new WIndows and its updates, I can't say it started exactly when I installed Windows but for sure it started after some updates.

Has anyone already tried with Linux builds? Should I? 

ALso, it can be worth noting that it's not the first that I face this problem.

I had it on my very old PC, I think it mounted a geforce 210 and I remember vividly noticing it with Half Life 2. ANd I'm 90% that i remember it disappearing when I upagraded to a Geforce 710 to come back years later, when the GPU became really. I always thought it was due to GPU drivers or something else software related. 
It was also another house, and in my very same house there another PC that is not facing my same problems.
UPDATE: I tried uninstalling the GPU driver with DDU in safe mode, reinstalled the December drivers and nothing changed.

UPDATE 2 - COULD BE IMPORTANT CLUE - I've read somewhere it could be related to visual cc, Net framework or some Microsoft Driver related and i remembered that I didn't have those drivers installed before reinstalling clean windows (indeed many games didn't work at all). But on my new windows I installed those and the problem verified around that time. 

Could it be possible to investigate on that direction? How to disable/reinstall those drivers?

1 hour ago, hellgatsu said:

Yes, I started to notice it with the new WIndows and its updates, I can't say it started exactly when I installed Windows but for sure it started after some updates.

Has anyone already tried with Linux builds? Should I? 

ALso, it can be worth noting that it's not the first that I face this problem.

I had it on my very old PC, I think it mounted a geforce 210 and I remember vividly noticing it with Half Life 2. ANd I'm 90% that i remember it disappearing when I upagraded to a Geforce 710 to come back years later, when the GPU became really. I always thought it was due to GPU drivers or something else software related. 
It was also another house, and in my very same house there another PC that is not facing my same problems.
UPDATE: I tried uninstalling the GPU driver with DDU in safe mode, reinstalled the December drivers and nothing changed.

UPDATE 2 - COULD BE IMPORTANT CLUE - I've read somewhere it could be related to visual cc, Net framework or some Microsoft Driver related and i remembered that I didn't have those drivers installed before reinstalling clean windows (indeed many games didn't work at all). But on my new windows I installed those and the problem verified around that time. 

Could it be possible to investigate on that direction? How to disable/reinstall those drivers?

Its not a driver problem, i have this issue on all phone in my house, my ps4, all tv 

I am getting crazy

I don't think it is an electrical problem because the phones and Laptops are working on the battery 

also one of the members said that he tried his pc in another house but the same issue

55 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

I am getting crazy

I don't think it is an electrical problem because the phones and Laptops are working on the battery 

also one of the members said that he tried his pc in another house but the same issue

I can also confirm that another PC in my same house , with same games, doesn't have this problem.
I'm 90% sure it's driver related. Windows or GPU, 80% Windows.

Just now, hellgatsu said:

I can also confirm that another PC in my same house , with same games, doesn't have this problem.
I'm 90% sure it's driver related. Windows or GPU, 80% Windows.

i tried to reinstall windows 

tried different updates 

tried many versions of drivers (also i used DDU)

downloaded direct x , c++ and framework manually 

RMAed the Gpu

Tried another pcie slot

rmaed the RAMs

installed games on both ssd and hdd

installed windows on both ssd and hdd

checked many malware applications 

tried another monitor and another dp and hdmi cables 

tried every single option in the settings (windows setting - NVIDIA contral panel - in games settings)

nothing helped 

14 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

i tried to reinstall windows 

tried different updates 

tried many versions of drivers (also i used DDU)

downloaded direct x , c++ and framework manually 

RMAed the Gpu

Tried another pcie slot

rmaed the RAMs

installed games on both ssd and hdd

installed windows on both ssd and hdd

checked many malware applications 

tried another monitor and another dp and hdmi cables 

tried every single option in the settings (windows setting - NVIDIA contral panel - in games settings)

nothing helped 

I have tried all of your things and no results.

Have you tried another OS?

Another thing that happened to my PC that might be unrelated is that i had some problems with my RAM that i resolved swapping places of  the 4x8GB RAM 

Maybe u can try to swap the gpus and check if its still ok? 

3 minutes ago, hellgatsu said:

I have tried all of your things and no results.

Have you tried another OS?

Another thing that happened to my PC that might be unrelated is that i had some problems with my RAM that i resolved swapping places of  the 4x8GB RAM 

no i didn't try another OS

Win 10 isn't the problem because most of users have win10 with no problems

1 minute ago, HieiHUN said:

Maybe u can try to swap the gpus and check if its still ok? 

already tried that

Some people say that this is not a problem... the games should be like that 

but i am sure that my old PC in another city didn't have this issue and the graphics was much better and everything thing was smooth and clear

4 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

no i didn't try another OS

Win 10 isn't the problem because most of users have win10 with no problems

I suspect it could be some kind of problem related to a conflict between GPU drivers and Windows drivers (framework, c++ and such) . Maybe it happens just sometimes, just related to some hardware, who knows. 
As I said, with a cracked and not updated version of Windows I didn't have this problem.

10 minutes ago, hellgatsu said:

I suspect it could be some kind of problem related to a conflict between GPU drivers and Windows drivers (framework, c++ and such) . Maybe it happens just sometimes, just related to some hardware, who knows. 
As I said, with a cracked and not updated version of Windows I didn't have this problem.

Then i don't know

but i unplugged the LAN cable when i reinstalled the windows and tried the games with no windows updates (only installed the gpu driver from an USB )

and didn't work

13 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

already tried that

So its not about the gpu? And after swap the gpus back the pc which is not "infected" is it still good?

So i wanna say that its not get "infected" or carried over to ur "good" PC through gpu?

1 minute ago, HieiHUN said:

So its not about the gpu? And after swap the gpus back the pc which is not "infected" is it still good?

So i wanna say that its not get "infected" or carried over to ur "good" PC through gpu?

no it is not the GPU i am sure 

because i RMAed the GPU 

if u r talking about the old PC 

i don't have it know i sold it because it was completely old

2 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

no it is not the GPU i am sure 

because i RMAed the GPU 

if u r talking about the old PC 

i don't have it know i sold it because it was completely old

Yes i think its not the gpu too becouse i have this problem on laptop and on my brothers PC too which was mine before i got this new PC. Its not HDMI becouse on laptops screen i also have it. I also checked AC odyssey on my ps4 with 4ktv 43" and PC with 1080p 24"monitor and if i upscaled the game to 4k through the game settings they look same(if not upscaled it was more visible on the smaller 24"monitor PC at 1080p).So i think its just how ACodyssey look.

Also on youtube videos  if i watch in smaller window i see shimmering edges... but if i put it to full screen its ok.

Check this at 40-43 sec look the buildings watch it in small and in full screen.Do u get the same result?

This issue affect images,video and videogames with low draw distance, lowered texture

For everyone with issues in "The outer worlds", I think this mod pretty much fix it:

At least you have now not this shimmering hairs in every dialogue! (0:26 in the Video).

For everyone: Always try reshade. It is a kind of post rendering software or something. You can add things like SMAA, sharpening or more coulors with it. It is NOT fixing the problem, but it is the most efficient way to fight the symptoms imo. I made Warhammer Vermentide 2 playable with it.

Download link:

https://reshade.me/

3 hours ago, Gmed said:

For everyone: Always try reshade. It is a kind of post rendering software or something. You can add things like SMAA, sharpening or more coulors with it. It is NOT fixing the problem, but it is the most efficient way to fight the symptoms imo. I made Warhammer Vermentide 2 playable with it.

Download link:

https://reshade.me/

does it support all games ?

is it 100% legal and and safe ?

and can i use it while playing online games ???

There is no doubt that this issue has affected video content too. I recorded a few seconds of a tv show I was watching on a local streaming service:

Just like in the games, the edges of buildings, roads and the rail tracks have MASSIVE jagged edges and shimmering. This issue mostly appears when landscape is shown or if camera is moving. 

This happens in ALL video content and websites (netflix, youtube, amazon prime etc.), all web browsers (Chrome, edge, Firefox...) and all resolutions (1080, 1440p and 4k). No exceptions.

Compare this video to my Destiny 2 video and you will see that this is the exact same issue.