Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

The only conductive conclusion is that people are misinformed about how visuals work and seem to have only just picked up that graphics are imperfect, that is what people should be slow clapping at.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

17 minutes ago, GreyestGoat said:

The only conductive conclusion is that people are misinformed about how visuals work and seem to have only just picked up that graphics are imperfect, that is what people should be slow clapping at.

And it is normal games in 21 century looks like shit, even a games like older games that you are implying? And other people don't have graphics problem in their games because their software is better then other people's software?

Nice story but I'm not buying your lame "statement" like this mr ( AllKnowing ) CanCeralp!

Just now, Strider890 said:

And other people don't have graphics problem in their games because their software is better then other people's software?

Can you explain this dream "software bug" team?

3 hours ago, Strider890 said:

And it is normal games in 21 century looks like shit, even a games like older games that you are implying? And other people don't have graphics problem in their games because their software is better then other people's software?

Nice story but I'm not buying your lame "statement" like this mr ( AllKnowing ) CanCeralp!

Why are you so angry? It's a forum, where there is always people who will disagree with you. 

I'm not all-knowing, nor telling people what to do with their money. You are just unnecessaryly aggressive, and unable to obey simple rules of the forum which clearly tells us to be polite and understanding to each other. 

On 4/19/2020 at 11:04 AM, CanCeralp said:

Those who insist its electricity, they are the reason all those GPU manufacturers and game developers are laughing at us and feel absolutely no need to fix their s**t. It's not, electricity. One more time, it's not electricity. 

It's a deliberate design choice to lower the texturing quality from developers, as well as lowering scaling quality from GPU driver makers. 

Please try to imagine this; 20 years ago a texture for a game was approx 128x128 in size. And a surface had only one texture file. 

Today, we have textures as big as 4096x4096 for a stupid pebble mesh, and it's not even a single texture. A 4096x4096 diffuse texture, a 1024x1024 normal map, a 512x512 specular map. They are processed and placed on top of each other.

Plus, the scaling filter that does the processing is also low quality, because GPU makers want to brag about how fast their GPUs are. 

Now, one more time but for the last time aslo, I'll say this.

"It's a deliberate design choice to lower the texturing quality from developers, as well as lowering scaling quality from GPU driver makers. "

Ok, so, for my example, i play in gw2 since .... 2012 ? with hight graphics, best option, no troubles, best performances, in 2020 january i change my computer for a BETTER performances in every game, and in february 2020 for NO REASON i have now all my AA no workings in every games, and in gw2 for exemple its just a nightmare, but yes, you are saying that Arenanet just take the choice with the graphics of the game to be lower after 8 years of playing ? Ah, what about warcraft 3 reforged too, with same thing, ah, and what about all the game i had before this day where all my games just become... ugly ? For you, its a planned obsolescence ?? Come on ...

We are not speaking about the graphics of the most recent and actual games, but about a problem which just change all the graphics in EVERY game who were fine BEFORE  an another day, its not about a "choice to lower the texturing quality", because for me in the start of january all was good !

But yeah, lets  talk about the capacity of developpers to change our texture quality of graphics, by telepathie, and all in the same time for every game on our computer, to force us to buy most recent computer. (and yeah, i repeate, i buy a recent and better computer in january 2020, better than my computer than i had since... 2011 ? and no problem with it. And no, isnt the computer, and no, isnt the monitor, because i, and like many others peoples done before, tried everything, and nothing works.

And again, no, just no, isnt the "graphic of the games who are just naturally bad", i can recognize a game when i play with it since 8 years, and same thing for others games i played recently, all change for nothing; and the game developpers ? It has nothing to do with it ..

On 4/19/2020 at 8:02 AM, CanCeralp said:

They are just other PCs, which use the same hardware like you and me. They use AMD, Nvidia and Intel, just like us. Being a super powerful PC won't change the fact that they are subject to the same drivers and play the game just like any other computer. 

My PC does a scene in 15ms with low quality driver filtering, GeForce Now PC does it in 3ms, with the same low quality driver filtering :) then sends it to me as a video streaming. 

That’s a terrible explanation/Excuse...  I’ve gone over this waaaaaay too much but I’ve also bought a 3K gaming laptop,  booted it up installed nothing but what’s needed to game and everything looks like low quality shit!  Going by your theory it’s the computers fault....  It’s not our PCs/Consoles/Streaming services...  It’s just NOT!

Watch 1.23 minutes. 3 video cards and problem 3 video cards

The problem is very likely to be electricity.

3 hours ago, KenJorY said:

Watch 1.23 minutes. 3 video cards and problem 3 video cards

The problem is very likely to be electricity.

That is how the games are supposed to look, especially in Watch Dogs where SMAA cannot properly anti-alias complex building edges from a distance especially in motion. It is only shader based AA.

Tomb Raider is on low settings with no AA.

BFV is on medium.

Division 2 is on low.

All at 1080P too.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

any fixes? having this issue with my 2080 super even after a whole new build :( 

Edited by wkdpaul
removed quote

Fun fact: Not everyone's PC or console have this type of the graphic abnormality. Look for yourself other YouTube video's where the game image is without this "problem" of ours and stop ensure people that games are supposed to look like trash because there is no point.

We are facing this problem like Aisseyn said:

18 hours ago, Aisseyn said:

We are not speaking about the graphics of the most recent and actual games, but about a problem which just change all the graphics in EVERY game who were fine BEFORE  an another day

P.S How everybody on this forum ignores this and can someone smart explain how is this possible:

On 4/14/2020 at 9:35 PM, Jokel 1 said:

Also i've sold my pc and it works normal in that guy's house, while here both on pc and phone games look horrible

On 4/19/2020 at 8:43 PM, CanCeralp said:

Why are you so angry? It's a forum, where there is always people who will disagree with you. 

I'm not all-knowing, nor telling people what to do with their money. You are just unnecessaryly aggressive, and unable to obey simple rules of the forum which clearly tells us to be polite and understanding to each other. 

Do you want candy now?

P.S Sorry if I offended you but your statement about software bug or how you think that games are supposed to look like trash don't hold a water.

Not every PC, console or mobile is infected with this "problem" and you ignored what other guy said about his PC where his PC that he sold works normally at others guy house.

Again I'm so sorry because my behavior.

9 hours ago, Strider890 said:

Do you want candy now?

P.S Sorry if I offended you but your statement about software bug or how you think that games are supposed to look like trash don't hold a water.

Not every PC, console or mobile is infected with this "problem" and you ignored what other guy said about his PC where his PC that he sold works normally at others guy house.

Again I'm so sorry because my behavior.

No problem. It takes a great character to accept it and say sorry (and very rare in internet :)). Respect!

I can't explain how some people "have it" and some don't, and some used to have it then "fixed". However, I know aliasing when I see it from a hundred meters. And I ajve really studied about it, why it happens, how it happens, etc. 

I'm trying to be analytical here. Where I see and can "define" aliasing, I tell you guys the reasons for it. However I can not clearly "define" the peoples' explanations of "having it" or "not having it" or "fixing" it. Many of the claims here fall into the gray area, that's the problem. That's also why I proposed to make clearer definitions and seperate problems here, as it looks like there are more than one type of visual problem here. 

For example, I have watched the video KenJorY just shared. If my screen doesn't display things different than anyone's display, I can easily tell this is aliasing, and I can dissect them one by one, telling you their reasons. Plus, of course they are not supposed to look like that. But they do, and there is no way for us to fix it completely. Only "real" solution is to buy a powerful hardware and force higher resolutions. I know it's a shame, but it's kind of what depelopers and hardware manufacturers secretly trying to force us to do. That's how capitalism talks to gamers. Thats also why I proposed a big protest with our wallets. 

A "user/gamer" shouldn't even have to fix it, in the first place. No matter how much one likes tinkering and tweaking, keeping the graphic fidelity on a decent level is not our duty. We pay for it, whoever takes the money must do it. 

Hey guys it's probably not electricity.

I connected the monitor from the computer to my ancient laptop, found the same place in Yandex panoramas and here is the result. The first picture is from a computer, the second is from a laptop. The problem is clearly visible on the wires and steps. Moreover, when I zoom in and out on the first picture on my smartphone, this hellish mix of pixels appears. With the second, nothing of the kind happens. All the equipment was plugged into an outlet in one room, so no, the problem is not in the electricity.

2gGBGNVVUJI.jpg

T_OUlyPjHCE.jpg

4 hours ago, oderkinder said:

I connected the monitor from the computer to my ancient laptop, found the same place in Yandex panoramas and here is the result. The first picture is from a computer, the second is from a laptop. The problem is clearly visible on the wires and steps. Moreover, when I zoom in and out on the first picture on my smartphone, this hellish mix of pixels appears. With the second, nothing of the kind happens. All the equipment was plugged into an outlet in one room, so no, the problem is not in the electricity.

2gGBGNVVUJI.jpg

T_OUlyPjHCE.jpg

https://giphy.com/gifs/insane-jN86rcdOyrpyo

6 hours ago, oderkinder said:

2gGBGNVVUJI.jpg

T_OUlyPjHCE.jpg

How about the games?

5 hours ago, Sanspooky said:

How about the games?

The laptop is so ancient that it's impossible to run games from a PC on it. =(

Did we explained to these people its not only anti aliasing for everyone? There are other problems like draw distance, weird textures and blurry graphics overall. Anyway, to show that is not only a PC problem, I uploaded some pictures from my Nintendo Switch and some snapshots I took from a guy on youtube,the game is Legend of Zelda, there are also videos comparing things, you can find them on page 119.

Also, this (https://discord.gg/EKzt3P ) is a discord server I made where we can talk about this, I linked it a few pages back, just in case people missed it. Stay safe.;)

Yup, in every game that is one of the most annoying things for me, that retarded broken lighting on vfx. Hmm, let's let the "experts" decide if its normal.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:20 AM, oderkinder said:

2gGBGNVVUJI.jpg

T_OUlyPjHCE.jpg

I have answered it before that maybe whatever in Electricity causing this is either appearing or disappearing for you or has low intensity these days or you have to wait for your laptop to get it after some time of use as some people are saying that it usually appers for them after some time of use. Maybe your laptop was sitiing in your house and was not plugged in for a long time. In short there can be many such reasons. Just know that what we are dealing with in Electricity is not that simple to figure out. Also please don't jump to conclusions that it's not Electricty. Being an Electrical Engineer i can assure you that it's Electricty.

Also listen to the interesting findings of one guy who posted here. I think he said that when he moved from Sharjah to Dubai his PC still showed

symptoms in the new city as soon as he moved. But on the next day the issue disappeared. This tells us that this issue is not that simple and somehow our PC's are going in some kind of mode (e.g low power mode). Although i also think that something(electronic components) must be altering their characteristics after all this time of being under stress. But after his post i think there might be chance that our PC's will recover at new place if not immediately then after some time depending upon the intensity of this issue that they have to put up with all the time at the old place.

PS: If i remember it correctly when i moved to this new city some of the symptoms in my gaming PC were immediately there which i discussed before (e.g. stutter in GTA V while running logitech mouse app in the background which i used to run in my old city without any issue and fans not running properly in my PC) but other(intense graphical) symptoms took a week or so to appear. But among all this interestingly my non-gaming laptop showed sympttoms after more than a month.

Why do we still have this idea around that it's not Electricity? Even after sharing that it's happening even in my TV, console, phone, PC at the same time. Also it's happening with different intensities. Also it never happened to me in my old city where i lived for 5 years and as soon as i moved to this new city it started appearing in all my audio/video devices. Even after telling these guys all this. They still think it's software. Please listen to what you are saying that a software so much intelligent that it want's to give me bad graphics just because it does not like me moving to a new city? I guess this software has feelings too. That a software so intelligent that it vary the intensity of the symptoms on a day to day basis? WOW do these guys have any idea what we are dealing with here. I don't think so. Also this theory that game devs are intentionally putting these symptoms in the games.WOW seriously? Do they not realize that this issue exist outside of games even in BIOS screen? 

On top of that when I prove to them with articles that Electricity is not simple and that it's not simply ON or OFF. They deny this and go with their own theory that Microsoft will help us with an update. Believe me Microsoft or any other company will never help us. Even if they want to help us they can't do that unless they bring with them Electrical/Electronic Engineers, Power Quality Experts with advanced equipment to our house.

If not advanced equipment then atleast an Oscilloscope. I am trying to import an oscilloscope from USA but because of Coronavirus i can't. I wanted to buy it on Amazon. But now all the services have been halted due to Coronavirus. So i'll have to wait.

In the meantime my advice to everyone here is not to buy anything thinking that it might help. The only way we can apply any solution to this issue is when we will know what specific issue in Electricity is causing this. Instead please read this article to know about the complexity of these issues:

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_Doc_Ref=SPD_VAVR-5WKLPK_EN

On 4/14/2020 at 5:55 PM, Kelums said:

So guys.. I bought 2k monitor a.k.a 1440p and nothing changed in hearthstone. Same jaggies and shimmering on all cards, fonts etc.. Its 

12 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Why do we still have this idea around that it's not Electricity? Even after sharing that it's happening even in my TV, console, phone, PC at the same time. Also it's happening with different intensities. Also it never happened to me in my old city where i lived for 5 years and as soon as i moved to this new city it started appearing in all my audio/video devices. Even after telling these guys all this. They still think it's software. Please listen to what you are saying that a software so much intelligent that it want's to give me bad graphics just because it does not like me moving to a new city? I guess this software has feelings too. That a software so intelligent that it vary the intensity of the symptoms on a day to day basis? WOW do these guys have any idea what we are dealing with here. I don't think so. Also this theory that game devs are intentionally putting these symptoms in the games.WOW seriously? Do they not realize that this issue exist outside of games even in BIOS screen? 

On top of that when I prove to them with articles that Electricity is not simple and that it's not simply ON or OFF. They deny this and go with their own theory that Microsoft will help us with an update. Believe me Microsoft or any other company will never help us. Even if they want to help us they can't do that unless they bring with them Electrical/Electronic Engineers, Power Quality Experts with advanced equipment to our house.

If not advanced equipment then atleast an Oscilloscope. I am trying to import an oscilloscope from USA but because of Coronavirus i can't. I wanted to buy it on Amazon with my relative's address who live in Chicago. So that when they come to Pakistan they bring it with them. But now all the services have been halted due to Coronavirus. So i'll have to wait.

In the meantime my advice to everyone here is not to buy anything thinking that it might help. The only way we can apply any solution to this issue is when we will know what specific issue in Electricity is causing this. Instead please read this article to know about the complexity of these issues:

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_Doc_Ref=SPD_VAVR-5WKLPK_EN

In my old village the electricity was very very bad and there was no problem with my old  pc

here in my current city

the electricity is nice and i am facing this problem with my new pc

so SURE it is not the electricity 

19 hours ago, Methos27 said:

Is this normal?

Looks excellent.