Is it okay keeping Prime95 running while I'm off to the movie?

I got my 6600k yesterday and I'm currently overclocking it. Right now it's at 4,6Ghz with stock voltage. I've been running Prime95 for more then 1 hour, and so far everything is working.

My parents are home, but I'm going to a movie for about 3 hours. 

Will I be good keeping Prime95 running while I'm gone? 

Let's say the PC freezes while I'm gone. Will the freezing kill the CPU after being stuck at it for like 2 hours?

Don't use Prime95, I think in a video Linus mentioned it as a "power virus"

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I wouldn't personally. Also are you using auto voltage on that chip? If you are actually using stock voltage at that speed you might have a god chip.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

2 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

I wouldn't personally. Also are you using auto voltage on that chip? If you are actually using stock voltage at that speed you might have a god chip.

It's at 1.120v 4,6Ghz.

1 minute ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

How hot does it get during p95? 

Max was 74c. Average is around 60/63c.

Just now, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

And how long was it running when you checked? 

Right now it's been running for 1 hours and 15min. I'm leaving in the next hour for the movie.

2 minutes ago, Zyre said:

Right now it's been running for 1 hours and 15min. I'm leaving in the next hour for the movie.

As long as the average doesn't jump to 68-70c+ average by the time you leave you are fine. 

4 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

As long as the average doesn't jump to 68-70c+ average by the time you leave you are fine. 

From the info I gave you so far, and if things keep working, did I get the lottery?

18 minutes ago, Zyre said:

It's at 1.120v 4,6Ghz.

Holy crap

EDIT: Put that thing at 1.3 and crank the multiplier up man xD 

CPU: i7 6700k (4.7 GHz) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (OC) | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB WD Black | RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 3000MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | WiFi Card: TPLink Archer T9E | Case Fans: Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM (3x 120mm in), 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm (radiator, painted black), Fractal Venturi HP-14 (1x 140mm out)  | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

2 minutes ago, Zyre said:

From the info I gave you so far, and if things keep working, did I get the lottery?

You are running on pretty low voltage if you don't get any crashes I would say yes that is really good.

I'm confussed. I didnt change the voltage in the BIOS. I only changed the core speed.

I just opened CPU Z (forgot I had it installed). There is says: Core Voltage 1.392v, but with HWmonitor is says: VID 1.119v.

Yes. And you should use Aida64 when stress testing. p95 is a thing of the past and should be used anymore cause of the issues with it.

I'm a person, you're a person...Together, we are people.

Bob Ross is the greatest painter ever! Happy trees!

Specs:

Spoiler

Processor: i7 4790k @4.7ghz
Game destroyer: Msi GTX 970 4GD5 OC (Soon to be a 1080 or Titan)
Mobo: MSI Z97I AC mini ITX motherboard 
Fridge: NZXT Kraken X31 120mm liquid cooler
Lambo: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb SSD
Honda Civic: Random Toshiba 2TB 7200rpm HDD
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 g2 (Currently out for RMA)
Case: NZXT S340 Midtower PC case

4 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Don't use Prime95, I think in a video Linus mentioned it as a "power virus"

Yes, because he doesn't understand the program (or he does but doesn't care to explain to his audience).

1 hour ago, EBDoesStuff said:

p95 is a thing of the past and should be used anymore cause of the issues with it.

Such as?

@Zyre Anyway, don't worry about it. I run it on my PC 24/7, there's absolutely no problem in letting on. Just make sure you set manual voltages rather than letting the mobo do whatever it wants to.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!