RX 480 Triple Monitors don't work

My buddy got himself a Sapphire Nitro RX 480 4GB, he has a problem with the triple monitors.

What basically happens is that it refuses to work with more than 2 monitors, one monitor has to be always off.

He has it connected by: HDMI, HDMI (Using passive DisplayPort to HDMI adapter) and VGA (Using DVI to VGA adapter). 

If anyone has the solution, please help. 

System: |Intel Core i5 4690K|ASRock Z97 Anniversary|2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz RAM|Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB|Phanteks P400S TG Edition (First ever owner!)|Seagate 1TB HDD+WD Blue 620GB|Seasonic M12II-620 EVO 620W 80 Plus Bronze Modular|Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO|

Did you test if the third monitor is defect? It sounds like you did but just to be sure.

As far as I know, there's no analogue signal in the DVI connector, so regular cheap DVI to VGA adapters won't work.

First off, dont use vga. 

Beyond that, is the dvi port used a dvi-i or dvi-d port?

33 minutes ago, manikyath said:

First off, dont use vga. 

Beyond that, is the dvi port used a dvi-i or dvi-d port?

38 minutes ago, Kuri said:

Did you test if the third monitor is defect? It sounds like you did but just to be sure.

37 minutes ago, mariushm said:

As far as I know, there's no analogue signal in the DVI connector, so regular cheap DVI to VGA adapters won't work.

The thing is that he can have one VGA and HDMI or HDMI and HDMI monitor but not all three at the same time.

System: |Intel Core i5 4690K|ASRock Z97 Anniversary|2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz RAM|Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB|Phanteks P400S TG Edition (First ever owner!)|Seagate 1TB HDD+WD Blue 620GB|Seasonic M12II-620 EVO 620W 80 Plus Bronze Modular|Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO|

some old AMD cards needed the 3rd+ monitor to be native DP or use a DP active adapter. I thought after the 290x and newer stopped that. once my 470 comes in on Tuesday i can check for ya, I have active DP adapters.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

10 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

some old AMD cards needed the 3rd+ monitor to be native DP or use a DP active adapter. I thought after the 290x and newer stopped that. once my 470 comes in on Tuesday i can check for ya, I have active DP adapters.

Alright, reply to me when you will get your 470, if it will work with Active DP Adapters, he (my friend) will have to get one too, but they are pretty pricy here

1 minute ago, TheOskar57 said:

Alright, reply to me when you will get your 470, if it will work with Active DP Adapters, he (my friend) will have to get one too, but they are pretty pricy here

just so you know the DP MST hubs act as active adapters if its the same price or cheaper get one of those. and if your crazy you can have 10 1080p screens off a 480 theoretically 

1tmyOZt.png

I am able to have 3 non DP screens on at the same time

Config:

2 passive DP to HDMI/DVI

1 DP native monitor (or active adapter)

1 HDMI connection

if it was like the Old amd cards you could not have more then 2 non native DP screens plug in and working. (any card before the 290x i think)

is the VGA monitor the one that will not work? I don't think AMD cards have analog support anymore.

On 8/5/2016 at 0:17 PM, TheOskar57 said:

4 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

1tmyOZt.png

I am able to have 3 non DP screens on at the same time

Config:

2 passive DP to HDMI/DVI

1 DP native monitor (or active adapter)

1 HDMI connection

if it was like the Old amd cards you could not have more then 2 non native DP screens plug in and working. (any card before the 290x i think)

Thanks for the reply!
We finally resolved it,
it was a Drivers problem, we installed new drivers, apparently the drivers that we used didn't let us do multi monitors with passive DP adapters.