Alright Intel, I have had enough of your shit. Fix your drivers!

iamdarkyoshi

I can't be bothered to post links to my other threads as I cant for the life of me find an easy way to see my list of threads, so here is a TL;DR.

Bought an Intel Wireless-AC 7260 + bluetooth card.

IMG_20160804_183714.jpg

Installed it, and got error code 10. Device can't start.

So I corntacted intel, and they said it was an issue with my motherboard not working with the card.

I asked the forums, and they came to the conclusion (aside from @Daring) that it was a windows 10 issue.

Well, considering that daring's card works, we then thought that I might have a bad card. 

But today, I booted into my ubuntu flash drive, unplugged ethernet, and then this happened:

IMG_20160804_183620.jpg

These are the exact same speeds I get on a wired connection. So intel, saying that the motherboard won't work with the card is total BS.

Any more advice on getting this thing to work?

Just saying intel is much better than anyone else when it comes to drivers. There the only ones with native support on linux and native support for wired nics on windows.

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I can't be bothered to post links to my other threads as I cant for the life of me find an easy way to see my list of threads, so here is a TL;DR.

Bought an Intel Wireless-AC 7260 + bluetooth card.

IMG_20160804_183714.jpg

Installed it, and got error code 10. Device can't start.

So I corntacted intel, and they said it was an issue with my motherboard not working with the card.

I asked the forums, and they came to the conclusion (aside from @Daring) that it was a windows 10 issue.

Well, considering that daring's card works, we then thought that I might have a bad card. 

But today, I booted into my ubuntu flash drive, unplugged ethernet, and then this happened:

IMG_20160804_183620.jpg

These are the exact same speeds I get on a wired connection. So intel, saying that the motherboard won't work with the card is total BS.

Any more advice on getting this thing to work?

How is Intel at fault for MS screwing things up? Any way, try the driver for Windows 8.1

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Clearly is an OS thing. Try going into the settings and see if there is a toggle button of some sort that will "allow" Bluetooth.

Just now, Dabombinable said:

How is Intel at fault for MS screwing things up? Any way, try the driver for Windows 8.1

For telling me that it was the board not working with the card and not even bothering to have me try a linux based OS

Just now, SlyTroopah said:

Clearly is an OS thing. Try going into the settings and see if there is a toggle button of some sort that will "allow" Bluetooth.

and/or wireless.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Just saying intel is much better than anyone else when it comes to drivers. There the only ones with native support on linux and native support for wired nics on windows.

Nope

Not always. I know.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just now, SlyTroopah said:

It doesn't even see the bluetooth side of things, but it does see the wifi part of it (which wont work)

This reminds me of the problems I had when I had my wifi and ethernet connected at the same time.... I couldn't go online because windows 10 would be alternating between the two super quickly so Chrome would continually detect a network chance. Disabling my wifi adapter fixed the issue.

Seems more like a windows issue to me rather than an Intel one. 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

This reminds me of the problems I had when I had my wifi and ethernet connected at the same time.... I couldn't go online because windows 10 would be alternating between the two super quickly so Chrome would continually detect a network chance. Disabling my wifi adapter fixed the issue.

Seems more like a windows issue to me rather than an Intel one. 

This is 100% true/possible seeing as I have ran into this. Usually wired will override wireless. But if both are enabled then it could cause and issue.

I had the 7260 and returned it for a gigabyte wireless card. it was a pain in the ass to get working on windows (mine was 7 at the time) and even after its up and running it had weird quirks.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

9 minutes ago, SlyTroopah said:

This is 100% true/possible seeing as I have ran into this. Usually wired will override wireless. But if both are enabled then it could cause and issue.

Causes an issue on Windows 8/8.1 as well. For me I could still use internet but it caused issues with hosting servers, nobody could join despite me portforwarding, it drove me nuts until I ended up disabling the wifi card as I switched over to ethernet recently and it worked. I think the wifi card was a TP Link or D Link or something like that.

3 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Funny...I just replace some Broadcom wireless card with that same exact card you have in my girlfriend's rig a few days ago...and it has been working beautifully ever since. 

Specs of rig?

9 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

i5 5675C

AsRock z97 e-ITX

8GB of 1866Mhz Hyperx Fury Ram

R9 290

Windows 10

Mine has an i3 4350T

Asrock H81m-ITX/WiFi

8GB corsair wanky ram

GTX 650

And windows 10.

Considering that we both have the same OS, as well as asrock motherboards of a SIMILAR generation, I think the issue lies in the "I haven't the slightest clue" category.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Mine has an i3 4350T

Asrock H81m-ITX/WiFi

8GB corsair wanky ram

GTX 650

And windows 10.

Considering that we both have the same OS, as well as asrock motherboards of a SIMILAR generation, I think the issue lies in the "I haven't the slightest clue" category.

Its possible that the wifi/bluetooth card itself is faulty-the one inside my Asus U38N (a rather expensive notebook from 2013) gets rekt in regards to range+speeds by a wifi/bluetooth card that I pulled from a 2010 Dell Latitude (one of the base models) which got killed by soft drink. And the card from the Dell doesn't have 5GHz wireless N and only Bluetooth 3 not 4.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Mine has an i3 4350T

Asrock H81m-ITX/WiFi

8GB corsair wanky ram

GTX 650

And windows 10.

The only thing I could of is that the driver corrupted somehow during installation, or part of Windows 10 itself is corrupted. 

1 minute ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

The only thing I could of is that the driver corrupted somehow during installation, or part of Windows 10 itself is corrupted. 

I have had two crashes upon startup so far with this machine, but the SSD isn't that old... @arnavvr

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Its possible that the wifi/bluetooth card itself is faulty-the one inside my Asus U38N (a rather expensive notebook from 2013) gets rekt in regards to range+speeds by a wifi/bluetooth card that I pulled from a 2010 Dell Latitude (one of the base models) which got killed by soft drink. And the card from the Dell doesn't have 5GHz wireless N and only Bluetooth 3 not 4.

Why did it work perfect in ubuntu? Why would a faulty card present error code 10?

I have had two crashes upon startup so far with this machine, but the SSD isn't that old... @arnavvr

It was a dead one so idk... I didn't really push the ssd that hard.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM