Intel on GTA 5 PC release: "I don’t think it’ll be console exclusive very long"

EChondo

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/08/intel-on-gta-5-pc-release-i-dont-think-it-will-be-console-exclusive-very-long/

“I think it hurt Halo overall,” he said in reference to Microsoft’s failed attempts to at first keep it console-exclusive and then poorly porting to the PC. “At least with Grand Theft Auto I don’t think it’ll be console exclusive very long. But that’s what happens when you have a brand new launch with two companies that have lots of money trying to make sure they have content.”

Silva has his opinions as to why we haven’t heard hide nor hair about the PC version of this huge franchise. “Somebody paid a lot of money to make sure that title was exclusive,” he suggested.

But the PC gaming market is pretty big too and Rockstar would be crazy not to want to cash in on the money being spent on our platform.

“The PC gaming ecosystem just continues to grow,” said Silva. “If you look at the amount of revenue that is generated by PC gaming it’s in the tens of billions of dollars each year. It’s incredibly diverse and rich and that’s it’s greatest strength.”

So yeah, what about all those reports of the declining numbers of PCs being shipped year-on-year? Businesses may be buying fewer boxes, but PC gamers are still spending on individual components and software. The PC’s in great shape, and will surely support the best version of GTA 5 of any platform, whether current or next-gen. It’s just a question of patience.

Wow...so does this pretty much ensure that GTA V is definitely coming to PC? I know probably most of you are sick of hearing this and whatnot, but this coming from Intel, Mr. Chris R. Silva, a Director of Marketing? What do you guys think about this? I agree completely with his spiel at the end, #PCMasterRace

Credit goes to @Poohy14 for sending me this article!

It IS coming to PC regardless, it was made FOR PC, then ported to consoles.

The PC version is most likely already 100% done, they are just milking consoles till it gets to a point where they arn't selling that much.

Think of it like milking a bunch of cows that are going to die soon (from natural causes), you would do those cows first and milk them for all they are worth before milking the healthy ones.

LOL terrible analogy, lmao, first thing that came to my head....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

It was found to have PC code with high res-textures. Plus when they get the PC version good, then they are just sitting on next gen console release so of course it will be on PC soon.

They're waiting to get a certain amount of money back then release it on PC just for shits and gigs

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I can't wait to see how amazing it'll look

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I can't wait to see how amazing it'll look

Out of all the reasons why the game is not being talked about right now, I think that the fact that it probably looks and runs way better than on console could be one of the biggest reason why we haven't heard anything yet. If they show or tell anything about the PC version, I think that they are "scared" some people will wait for the it (or next gen version) instead of maybe buying both the current gen and next gen. However small that percentage of people may be, its still some business.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

Don't take too long, Rockstar. Less you feel like pissing off your fans even further. As someone who doesn't really console anymore, I've already lost interest in GTA V. Between the dumb petitions, terrible graphics on console and hype in general.

The PC version is most likely already 100% done, they are just milking consoles till it gets to a point where they arn't selling that much.

Think of it like milking a bunch of cows that are going to die soon (from natural causes), you would do those cows first and milk them for all they are worth before milking the healthy ones.

That and there are PC gamers who are buying new consoles to play the game and will buy the game again once it comes to PC and console gamers who will buy the game again once they get their next gen consoles.

Imagine the sales numbers on the first week it would have reached had it launched a bit later on current gen, next gen and PC at the same time :o. That would have made them less money in the long run though.

its coming to pc a guy on reddit leaked pictures of the pc beta a couple days ago.

link: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20187/20131002/gta-v-5-pc-release-date-news.htm

thats fake

GTA V will be coming to PC stop panicking guys. GTA III, GTA SA and GTA IV all came to PC, what makes you think GTA V wont? Come on!

Hahaha xD Not the best analogy but it made me laugh.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

We have to do cows? I dont know how i feel about that :S

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i just talked to some of my friends who are console boys..... they say GTA V won't go to PC. my brain wanted to start a debate.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption on PC... :angry:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I can't remember where I saw this, but there was rumours of a November 22 release date for the PC. But if I remember correctly, they weren't confirmed, so it could all be speculation, just something to look out for really.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption on PC... :angry:

:/ tell me about it. That game is the only major reason I bought a PS3.

Sent from my HTC One X now Free

every GTA game came 7 months after the console release

source codes from the ps3 and xbox proves there will be a PC and next gen version of the game

intel knows this and its just free publicity

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

u KNOW WHAT?!?!

Im done with this GTA V bullcrap back and forth,,, thats it im tired,,, they wanted it now they are gonna get it...

Im gonna grab my old Xbox im gonna hack the nuts out of it and im gonna play GTA V for FREE!!!

Its gonna be shitty i know, but free nonetheless 

F#^%$# YOU RockStar you made me do it with your stupidity

DONE!!!

PC Gaming forever...