There's too many hate for Christians around the World

c00face
19 minutes ago, colonelsofcorn said:

I'm a Christian, I don't hate gays - it says nothing about hating gays in the Bible. 

1 minute ago, proffesorx said:

69ing Rainbow Dash

No fairy tales. Their is evidence for a designer of this world. Just search up some Kent Hovind seminars. We do not hate gays but in the Bible it says a man shall not sleep with another man. 

really? I thought all Christians favorite movie/person was this

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Just going to say this:

- I don't believe in a God or higher power. Used to, don't any more.

- I have no problem with people who do. None at all.

- I do have a problem with people who think that being religious makes them somehow better than the non-religious.

- I do have a problem with those who use their religion as an excuse to hold prejudice against and to bully other groups.

- I do have a problem with those who try to force their beliefs on others.

^ My opinions.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

9 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Just going to say this:

- I don't believe in a God or higher power. Used to, don't any more.

- I have no problem with people who do. None at all.

- I do have a problem with people who think that being religious makes them somehow better than the non-religious.

- I do have a problem with those who use their religion as an excuse to hold prejudice against and to bully other groups.

- I do have a problem with those who try to force their beliefs on others.

^ My opinions.

I have a problem with nonbelievers being prejudice against believers.

I have a problem with non religious group making it hard for those who are religious.

I have a problem with bullys who are non religious and they pick on those who are religious.

I have problems with non religious folks always forcing their beliefs down our throat, especially in school.

^ facts

Just now, Supermangik said:

I have a problem with nonbelievers being prejudice against believers.

I have a problem with non religious group making it hard for those who are religious.

I have a problem with bullys who are non religious and they pick on those who are religious.

I have problems with non religious folks always forcing their beliefs down our throat, especially in school.

^ facts

Good thing I am none of those things then.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

Good thing I am none of those things then.

You don't have to be. But this society is taught to be prejudice against Christians. Look through this thread and already you can tell the amount of disrespect they're showing. Every time I turn on the TV, I see people protesting and Christians protesting. The ones who start to become violent, throwing their drinks all over people are those who are non religious. While the Christians are trying to have a more peaceful protest. Every time I bring out the hate against Christians that is evolving in this society, there's a scrub who thinks he's a history professor and start typing, "But Christians killed people." And then you get those folks who claim, "Hitler is a Christian and he killed people."

Oh, and God forbid, if I ever talk and speak out against homosexuals, get ready for 10,000 angry, rebellious, hard hearted people to come down your throat and send threat messages through your email. Not only will they do this, they'll bomb your house with egg shells and lit your trash can on fire. While the Pastor who spoke out against homosexual is doing it out of a good heart, turning people back to character, morals, yet, this generation has none. You people are blind, have no self awareness of who you really are inside, and I just feel sad for you all who are this way.

Then you have those idiotic folks who come in here and make a statement about how Christians were just "born this way." Yet, people like me, who ever was raised in a Christian family, converted to Christianity due to Jesus visiting me in my room. I'm glad I had the chance to see the Lord and for him to change my life directly. I'm sad for those folks who think they're smarter than the average joe, because in reality, they're not.

Just now, Supermangik said:

converted to Christianity due to Jesus visiting me in my room.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Did you have a vision of Christ?

Anyway, I'd like to make clear that my problem goes both ways.

I have issues with Christians who prejudice against groups, but also with groups that prejudice against Christians in general.

I have issues with Christians who force their beliefs. Likewise I have issues with non-Christians who force their beliefs.

I have issues with Christians who think they're superior. Likewise I have issues with non-Christians who think they're superior.

I don't judge all Christians based on the radical ones. Some do, which gives quite a skewed view of the religion IMO. In fact, I also come from Christian lineage.

And, to be clear, I have nothing against you.

41 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

You don't have to be. But this society is taught to be prejudice against Christians. Look through this thread and already you can tell the amount of disrespect they're showing. Every time I turn on the TV, I see people protesting and Christians protesting. The ones who start to become violent, throwing their drinks all over people are those who are non religious. While the Christians are trying to have a more peaceful protest. Every time I bring out the hate against Christians that is evolving in this society, there's a scrub who thinks he's a history professor and start typing, "But Christians killed people." And then you get those folks who claim, "Hitler is a Christian and he killed people."

Oh, and God forbid, if I ever talk and speak out against homosexuals, get ready for 10,000 angry, rebellious, hard hearted people to come down your throat and send threat messages through your email. Not only will they do this, they'll bomb your house with egg shells and lit your trash can on fire. While the Pastor who spoke out against homosexual is doing it out of a good heart, turning people back to character, morals, yet, this generation has none. You people are blind, have no self awareness of who you really are inside, and I just feel sad for you all who are this way.

Then you have those idiotic folks who come in here and make a statement about how Christians were just "born this way." Yet, people like me, who ever was raised in a Christian family, converted to Christianity due to Jesus visiting me in my room. I'm glad I had the chance to see the Lord and for him to change my life directly. I'm sad for those folks who think they're smarter than the average joe, because in reality, they're not.

You know, I had vivid hallucinations from time to time... geez, it has been a while now since I had a good waking "vision".  The thing is, I am not dumb enough to believe what I see is real.  I gather my faculties and make sure I am safe in the real world, then I observe the show.  They never lasted long, but they were fun... like a mystery. 

Jesus visited me in my room... w t f.

As a christian, are you not weary of all the name calling you do?  The attacks against the members here?  You don't make a great case for "christianity" in this thread... by your own actions.  Jesus takes the time to visit you and you needlessly attack other people in forums.  Jesus will be proud of you when you get to the kingdom.   :D

Now don't go blaming others for your actions here.  That would be a double-sin.;)

Fucking indoctrination of the youth.

5 hours ago, Supermangik said:

Let me put in simple terms.

Just because some one claims to be something, doesn't mean they really are.

Just because a a white man claims to be black, doesn't mean he is.

In the same tone, just because someone claims to be a Christian, doesn't mean he follow Jesus.

You are born with a race, it's a verifiable trait we can check and measure.

Nobody is born a Christian. In fact even Christians agree with this and thus make such a big deal about being "born again" a.k.a. Baptism.

If you say you believe in Jesus, you follow Jesus. That's it. If you don't follow all of his rules well first of all, you can't follow all things in the bible as it's filled to the brim with contradictions. A "True" Christian would inevitably find himself in jail for stoning women to death for adultery and such. That leaves us with disagreements about which are the most important rules to follow and as I explained, this is called in fighting. It's been going on for as long as Christianity has existed. Wars have been fought over the interpretation of Christian rules and every single Christian believes that they and only they are the only true Christians and everybody else is wrong.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, colonelsofcorn said:

A Christian is someone who believes in Jesus Christ as their savior. 

No, a christian is simply someone who BELIEVES in Jesus and God, and claims to be a Christian. No other requirememt is necessary. 

Linus is my fetish.

People who believe they have seen Jesus ought to be put in a straight jacket, placed in permenant solitary confinement, and fed all the drugs required to stop them from halucinating.

Linus is my fetish.

8 hours ago, colonelsofcorn said:

Jesus backed up the Bible, and proved himself to be God by doing something totally unique - a self-resurrection. 

Prove it.

Did you see it? Where's the evidence that he resurrected, and it wasn't all just made up by some insane lunatic?

You keep saying that evolution isn't true because no one observed it.

Well guess what, no one observed the moment Jesus came back to life. The moment that his dead husk of a body started to breath again.

Furthermore, the Bible is at best, second hand accounts. The text of the bible was written in a range of time between decades and centuries after Jesus died, by people who never saw any of it happen. Most of the book itself was compiled a couple hundred years after he died.

And we're not even talking about the Old Testament, which was written 3500 years ago by who knows what people? Certainly there's no evidence that Moses himself wrote any of it, for example.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I've read the OP, and a few random pages of this thread, and I'm confused as to why so many people generalise people of religion and people with no religion? 

There is a lot of; if you're a christian you are this... and you must believe in this... and if you're an atheist you are this... blah blah blah. 

It seems people are forgetting how diverse religion is, and how diverse the people of religion are, especially Christianity with its following of over 2 billion people...

I can't speak for everywhere in the world, but in the UK, in London, the vast majority of people who are Christian don't practice the religion fully, they don't follow every part of the Bible or the New Testament, they don't believe in everything it says, and that's fine. Imo that's good, people shouldn't use the Bible, or any dogma to shape their views on the world. 

And it's also pointless to point out how we have no way to prove the Bible or God exists, because the people who have faith probably already know it can't be proven, and they probably don't care about your repetitive arguments that they've probably heard over and over again.

My view is that if people are going to discuss religion/Christianity, then they should be discussing the benefits/negatives that it has for certain people/situations/societies. The Bible as a text has some great ethics if you do some heavy picking and choosing, it also can and has been the route cause of a lot of evil in our world, and this is undeniable, what is debatable is whether certain things would have occurred even without religions input. 

But for me religion as a whole is an outdated source of morals, and one that is poisonous to our society, and the sooner it is gone and all humans learn to derive their ethics from elsewhere the better. 

As an antitheist I find nothing wrong with people of religion (would be pretty hard to when the majority of my friends identify themselves as religious) I find fault in the religions themselves due to them being way too open to misinterpretations and them being outdated. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

So what're we getting angry at now?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

4 hours ago, o0Martin said:

I've read the OP, and a few random pages of this thread, and I'm confused as to why so many people generalise people of religion and people with no religion? 

There is a lot of; if you're a christian you are this... and you must believe in this... and if you're an atheist you are this... blah blah blah. 

It seems people are forgetting how diverse religion is, and how diverse the people of religion are, especially Christianity with its following of over 2 billion people...

I can't speak for everywhere in the world, but in the UK, in London, the vast majority of people who are Christian don't practice the religion fully, they don't follow every part of the Bible or the New Testament, they don't believe in everything it says, and that's fine. Imo that's good, people shouldn't use the Bible, or any dogma to shape their views on the world. 

And it's also pointless to point out how we have no way to prove the Bible or God exists, because the people who have faith probably already know it can't be proven, and they probably don't care about your repetitive arguments that they've probably heard over and over again.

My view is that if people are going to discuss religion/Christianity, then they should be discussing the benefits/negatives that it has for certain people/situations/societies. The Bible as a text has some great ethics if you do some heavy picking and choosing, it also can and has been the route cause of a lot of evil in our world, and this is undeniable, what is debatable is whether certain things would have occurred even without religions input. 

But for me religion as a whole is an outdated source of morals, and one that is poisonous to our society, and the sooner it is gone and all humans learn to derive their ethics from elsewhere the better. 

As an antitheist I find nothing wrong with people of religion (would be pretty hard to when the majority of my friends identify themselves as religious) I find fault in the religions themselves due to them being way too open to misinterpretations and them being outdated. 

See thats the thing, it's impossible to have a debate or discussion about religion most of the time because of how complicated it is. People who are religious were most likely/probably raised in a family where that was the center of their household. Religion is their guidance to life and there's nothing that can steer them away from that mindset. Now my opinion; do religions (like chrisitanity) have more benefits than negatives? I would say it has more benefits to the people that follow it. Again, they choose to follow the path of their religion and they can do whatever they want (i mean religiously). But when these discussions of false accusations and horrible debates (mostly filled with ignorance, something that I think comes from following a religion as tightly strung as christianity) come up there really isn't a plausible end to it.. so yeah..

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

4 hours ago, o0Martin said:

Don't agree with the last bit, personally, but well said. 

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Prove it.

Did you see it? Where's the evidence that he resurrected, and it wasn't all just made up by some insane lunatic?

You keep saying that evolution isn't true because no one observed it.

Well guess what, no one observed the moment Jesus came back to life. The moment that his dead husk of a body started to breath again.

Furthermore, the Bible is at best, second hand accounts. The text of the bible was written in a range of time between decades and centuries after Jesus died, by people who never saw any of it happen. Most of the book itself was compiled a couple hundred years after he died.

And we're not even talking about the Old Testament, which was written 3500 years ago by who knows what people? Certainly there's no evidence that Moses himself wrote any of it, for example.

They didn't observe him coming back to life, yes, but when someone is confirmed dead but is seen alive again later, he definitely did come back to life. 

11 minutes ago, colonelsofcorn said:

They didn't observe him coming back to life, yes, but when someone is confirmed dead but is seen alive again later, he definitely did come back to life. 

Again, let's assume that he did wake up from a "confirmed dead" state.

Here are some questions to consider before making absolute statements about what u believe.

1. Think of the time period of when this was all written.

2. Following that, what was the medical system like at that time? How would one "confirm" that he was dead when the most they could possibly have done at the time was feed the body some magic leaves and try fixing the problem.

3. Again as @dalekphalmsaid, wheres the evidence? How do you know the person who claimed to see him alive wasn't hallucinating, dreaming, trying to get attention? 

EDIT: 

4. Oh and on top of that, this is almost literally like me explaining how a person in 1816 died with little to no information about them. The time jesus died was one where communication across the world or even within a country was by foot/animal

2 minutes ago, Flight1sim said:

Here are some questions to consider before making absolute statements about what u believe.

You mean hundreds of years AFTER the alleged resurrection?  :D

Just now, stconquest said:

You mean hundreds of years AFTER the alleged resurrection?  :D

*cough* exactly *cough*

also the time period of the events and stuff, being in essentially the stone age but slightly upgraded. 

(edited my post, accidentally posted before adding my questions)

21 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Here's a little crash course for you.

If you:

1) Believe Jesus Christ is the son of god, Lord and Savior

Then You're a fucking Christian. You have endless flavors of Christianity that differ in specific dogma and principles but overall, you believe in Christ that makes you a Christian

If you believe that there must be specific rules to qualify as a Christian that's a fascinating discussion for in fighting, but as Atheists we basically view that as a No True Scotsman fallacy to wrestle out of uncomfortable people and situations.

Are Mormons Christians?

I'd love it if you could acknowledge my point and debate about that.

14 minutes ago, Mug said:

Are Mormons Christians?

I'd love it if you could acknowledge my point and debate about that.

What you mean because Joseph Smith made a bunch of shit up about Jesus, as opposed to the bunch of shit the Apostles made up about Jesus two thousand years ago?

Yes Mormons are Christians, they believe in Jesus Christ even if they do their own remix.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, Flight1sim said:

2. Following that, what was the medical system like at that time? How would one "confirm" that he was dead when the most they could possibly have done at the time was feed the body some magic leaves and try fixing the problem.

3. Again as @dalekphalmsaid, wheres the evidence? How do you know the person who claimed to see him alive wasn't hallucinating, dreaming, trying to get attention? 

EDIT: 

4. Oh and on top of that, this is almost literally like me explaining how a person in 1816 died with little to no information about them. The time jesus died was one where communication across the world or even within a country was by foot/animal

The Romans were extremely thorough. When they pierced Jesus' side and water came out, they knew (and current medicine would confirm) that the body was dead. They also would be extremely careful around someone that the people despised, to ensure nobody stole the body. The time period has nothing to do with it. The evidence, is that hundreds of people saw him alive afterwards, that there's no body to be found.