PSU Tier List [OLD]

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

This is a legacy list. It is no longer being updated.

The new PSU Tier List can be found here:

35 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Power-Supply/dp/B01M4NJSN5

I think that's enough evidence a G3 does exist...maybe it would have the quality and ripple, suppression, crossload performance ect. of a T2 (or the 'worse' P2) but with the efficiency of a G2? :P 

Here's EVGA's marketing spec sheet: https://www.inet.se/files/pdf/6901875_0.pdf

It sounds like it is made by Superflower and it will replace the G2 line, (Why can't they just replace the NEX-G instead?)

Supernova G3, the new series is called, will replace the current G2 outright, both when it comes to price point and available power classes. The models will once again with 80 Plus Gold certification, according to the company, the new platform of the Super Flower offer something better efficiency than its predecessors.

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/22184-a (translated to English from Swedish using google translate)

the SuperNova G3 series, retains the 80 PLUS Gold rating and will hit the same capacities and price points, while having better efficiency and performance and while being slightly smaller, despite maintaining the same fan size.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2016/06/01/computex-2016-day-2/6

13 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

It sounds like it is made by Superflower and it will replace the G2 line, (Why can't they just replace the NEX-G instead?)

of all the power supplies they have to replace, they do it on their fan-favourite G2 instead of the lousy NEX/G1 units(why do they need so many power supplies TBH?)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

9 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

of all the power supplies they have to replace, they do it on their fan-favourite G2 instead of the lousy NEX/G1 units(why do they need so many power supplies TBH?)

EVGA is weird.

Just like, Why was the EVGA B2 80+ Bronze when the Superflower Golden Green HX was 80+ Gold?

IMO EVGA should have 3 mainstream PSU lines, G2 (High end that doesn't break you wallet), B2 or GQ (Good and quite cheap) and NEX-B/B1 or BQ (Meh, it's cheap, that is all that matters)

Just now, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Just like, Why was the EVGA B2 80+ Bronze when the Superflower Golden Green HX was 80+ Gold?

So like how XFX's TS were both Bronze and Gold rated? (and silver if I remember correctly) :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

EVGA is weird.

IMO EVGA should have 3 mainstream PSU lines, G2 (High end that doesn't break you wallet), B2 or GQ (Good and quite cheap) and NEX-B/B1 or BQ (Meh, it's cheap, that is all that matters)

i'm just wondering why they don't have a lower wattage B2, those are pretty good but we always see them as 750w and above. would make sense if they went with what you said but then again this is the same company with 10+ models just for 1 gpu so :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

So like how XFX's TS were both Bronze and Gold rated? (and silver if I remember correctly) :P 

superflower leadex platform has ratings from silver to titanium :P

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

i'm just wondering why they don't have a lower wattage B2, those are pretty good but we always see them as 750w and above. would make sense if they went with what you said but then again this is the same company with 10+ models just for 1 gpu so :P

I could not agree more. EVGA just doesn't give 2 fucks about rational wattage, they have this 750W pile of garbage. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ3WDQG

I could not agree more. EVGA just doesn't give 2 fucks about rational wattage, they have this 750W pile of garbage. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ3WDQG

I'd rather have people buying those than a generic chinesum PSU that claims it can output 100watts although there is only 2 6+2 PCIe cables :P 

the fuck...

1dmfeh.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I'd rather have people buying those than a generic chinesum PSU that claims it can output 100watts although there is only 2 6+2 PCIe cables :P 

i'd rather just go find a used higher quality psu at that price tbh.

2 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

i'd rather just go find a used higher quality psu at that price tbh.

Da but I'd rather have those plebs buy that than *enter a brand with only firebombs* or something PSU :P 

4 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

superflower leadex platform has ratings from silver to titanium :P

Thermaltake 101:

We should have a Platinum efficiency PSU and name it "Tough Power XT Gold" it will sell like hot cakes.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I guess so. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Da but I'd rather have those plebs buy that than a "Aerocool" or something PSU :P 

Aerocool has some okay stuff (and probably some good stuff too), I have previously mentioned one that was a CWT DSA-II, I am to lazy to find that post though. 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Da but I'd rather have those plebs buy that than a "Aerocool" or something PSU :P 

well @STRMfrmXMN did give a few aerocools a pass in the whitelist, they can't be all bad. at least they aren't buying the logisys or icute/vios(our local raidmax/logisys) for $10 xD

10 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Thermaltake 101:

We should have a Platinum efficiency PSU and name it "Tough Power XT Gold" it will sell like hot cakes.

well it could fool people into thinking its better than what it seems. that or people see it as a normal gold psu and treat it as such :P

@herman mcpootis&@Comic_Sans_MS Jeez, sorry I used the wrong example...didn't realise that aerocool actually had somewhat decent PSUs :P 

Should have just used Dynatech :/ 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

@herman mcpootis&@Comic_Sans_MS Jeez, sorry I used the wrong example...didn't realise that aerocool actually had somewhat decent PSUs :P 

what's dynatech? lets just use logisys, no way they have a good psu. oh wait...

9 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I got really pissed off when someone said deepcool only has shitty PSUs, your remark about aerocool is not as bad and I can live with it. 

6 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

what's dynatech? lets just use logisys, no way they have a good psu. oh wait...

I don't know either of those brands. Australian stores mostly has real branded stuff. 

Hi, what's the Major difference between the Corsair RMx, RMi series of PSU'?

I'm planning to get the RMx 650 80+gold for my new PC build next year.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

8 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I don't know either of those brands. Australian stores mostly has real branded stuff. 

think of logisys as the stupid china brand company that only knows how to make explosive power supplies.

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Here's a moment of violent enlightentment for you:

Pretty much any Aerocool PSU is better than the N1 and even the W1s from EVGA :P

The Strike-X might even beat the B1 series.

I would rather people bought Aerocool than Diablotek or LC Power

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Here's a moment of violent enlightentment for you:

Pretty much any Aerocool PSU is better than the N1 and even the W1s from EVGA :P

The Strike-X might even beat the B1 series.

I would rather people bought Aerocool than Diablotek or LC Power

Da, as you can see from before, I said I used the wrong example :P 

2 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I think that's a fake.

It's got a grammar mistake in the first paragraph, not to mention that that whole paragraph is not written in the style of anyone who's studied marketing :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Da, as you can see from before, I said I used the wrong example :P 

:P

But now your post is quoted for posterity and you can't fix it! BAHAHA

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

:P

But now your post is quoted for posterity and you can't fix it! BAHAHA

I'll go cri...

On a side note, this is a little out of topic but how bad would it be for me to draw 115 watts off a PCIe slot? I can currently hope that it's actually 115 watts off my 6 pin PCIe connector but yeah, how bad would it be if it was the slot?

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I'll go cri...

On a side note, this is a little out of topic but how bad would it be for me to draw 115 watts off a PCIe slot? I can currently hope that it's actually 115 watts off my 6 pin PCIe connector but yeah, how bad would it be if it was the slot?

Depends on your motherboard :P

I wouldn't know whether that's enough current to burn the PCB around the copper wires in the circuit, but if it is, it would either trigger motherboard OCP and shut itself down (if the mobo is good), or start burning the PCB until one day something cathes on fire :D

Computer Specs:

Spoiler