Password Managers

What password managers are you guys using?

I have been watching a few things on Computerphile and started watching Mr Robot and have become very wary about being hacked.
Now, I know I wouldn't be a major target for l33t haxorz but I have become mildly concerned.

Looking for suggestions based on how secure their methods of hashing passwords are. Any ideas?

Last Pass. Works great. I use two factor authentication which secures it more. It also can help create passwords for you, really good passwords. Another way to protect yourself is to use two factor authentication on the most critical services. For example I use two factor on steam, my google account, and last pass. Although I need to do what I preach, you should use different passwords for all of your accounts. Dont use one password for many accounts. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

@Donut417  Do you use this on a shared computer by any chance?  This thread reminded me, I wanted to look into something that would work individually for multiple user accounts.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

8 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Last Pass. Works great. I use two factor authentication which secures it more. It also can help create passwords for you, really good passwords. Another way to protect yourself is to use two factor authentication on the most critical services. For example I use two factor on steam, my google account, and last pass. Although I need to do what I preach, you should use different passwords for all of your accounts. Dont use one password for many accounts. 

I have thought about buying a cheap burner phone and SIM just for two-factor authentication but I reckon a decently constructed password for the Password Manager would work great, as long as their hashes are up to scratch

2 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

@Donut417  Do you use this on a shared computer by any chance?  This thread reminded me, I wanted to look into something that would work individually for multiple user accounts.

At home, no. In work, it is a hot seating policy. Not overly concerned about work because that would be work's problem.

I use Keepass. Because I don't need to have constant access to all my accounts everywhere. I do keep a copy of my database on a usb key that's on my keychain though, if I ever need access to it away from home.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

I use Keepass. Because I don't need to have constant access to all my accounts everywhere. I do keep a copy of my database on a usb key that's on my keychain though, if I ever need access to it away from home.

How are you protecting the passwords on the usb?

keepass encrypts the database, all you need is the program and password to access it. I use last pass, it works good, easy access from a simple plugin in most browsers

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

13 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

Normally just my computer. However you have to log in to last pass. My log in is only is valid for a certain amount of time before I have to re log in. So I have used it on my moms computer and I have used it on school computers. You just have to make sure you log out and a public machine. With School computers they only keep data while you are logged in. Once you log out, the computer reboot and deletes what you were working on, that just how EMU has it setup. 

However @Cyracus brought up a good point. You have to connected to the Internets to use it. In my case, My phone is a trusted device, so I only have to use the two factor periodically to keep it connected. The only thing about last pass, is the usage on mobile is not free. I pay $12 a year to have it on my phone. A small price to pay if you ask me. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

i use Lastpass. very good password manager. i quite like the android app since it allows you to use the fingerprint to lock your database. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

the usage on mobile is not free. I pay $12 a year to have it on my phone

I don't use it on mobile, but interesting point to note

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1password. Quite useful for when I need to generate a new password for my work-related accounts. 

49 minutes ago, redanalog said:

How are you protecting the passwords on the usb?

the database itself is password protected and encrypted(AES-256 I think?), it cannot be opened without keepass itself and the password.
If you want to take it one step higher, you can also just compress it in a password protected archive like zip, rar, 7zip... or whatever other archival software you want.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

SafeInCloud. I can use Google Drive to sync between devices, it can generate strong passwords, tell me when a password is weak, has finger-print unlock for my phone, allows me to categorize different logins, and has many more features.

Trying out lastpass and it doesn't seem to be the one for me. I don't see how or if it creates hashes for me to use as passwords for other sites.

Anyone know which ones do create hashes?