Anyone has any idea about that cooler comes with boxed CPU?

GeneralLol

Well, the problem here is that I was running a AMD Athlon X4 860K, not overclocked with the boxed cooler. But the temperature constantly runs at about 70-ish degrees idle and over 95 degrees when I play SC2. I wanna ask if it's even safe to run at that temperature, and can the boxed cooler handle that specific CPU? 

Also, anyone know why core #2 on my CPU always takes the heaviest load? 

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, GeneralLol said:

Well, the problem here is that I was running a AMD Athlon X4 860K, not overclocked with the boxed cooler. But the temperature constantly runs at about 70-ish degrees idle and over 95 degrees when I play SC2. I wanna ask if it's even safe to run at that temperature, and can the boxed cooler handle that specific CPU? 

Thanks! 

I would recommend buying a third party cooler as most stock coolers aren't good. Especially AMD's.

I have the Cooler Master Hyper 212X and it's quite good.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 minutes ago, GeneralLol said:

Thanks! 

AMD uses a algorithm to work out cpu temps and it is really only reliable over 40% load so that idle temp maybe around 50c in reality with my experiance of AMD cpu's, but that load temp is probabbly pretty reliable! AMD cpu's can take a lot of heat but that is very typical of a old box cooler with some old rubbish stock TIM! Look at a Hyper 212 evo / x as these are great cheap coolers as said by the man above! ^^^

One core will always have a higher load its normal not to worry! They will all be different temps as well!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Just buy an EVO 212 or for a little more money but big difference in performance, get the Cryorig H7 instead.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

8 minutes ago, Lethal Seraph said:

Just buy an EVO 212 or for a little more money but big difference in performance, get the Cryorig H7 instead.

evo 212 is overrated and old but still kinda ok

Throw the boxed cooler in the trash, that's exactly where what AMD ships with their processors belong. As the others say get a 212X or 212 Evo, small investment with a huge return.

18 minutes ago, Samsterstorm said:

AMD uses a algorithm to work out cpu temps and it is really only reliable over 40% load so that idle temp maybe around 50c in reality with my experiance of AMD cpu's, but that load temp is probabbly pretty reliable!

Finally someone else that knows this information :) 

19 minutes ago, Samsterstorm said:
2 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

AMD uses a algorithm to work out cpu temps and it is really only reliable over 40% load so that idle temp maybe around 50c in reality with my experiance of AMD cpu's, but that load temp is probabbly pretty reliable! AMD cpu's can take a lot of heat but that is very typical of a old box cooler with some old rubbish stock TIM! Look at a Hyper 212 evo / x as these are great cheap coolers as said by the man above! ^^^

Thanks ;) someone who also understands clearly... All the years of messing with AMD cpu's is finally paying off!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

7 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

I thought everyone knew it?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I dunno. I read reviews about stock cooler that said that it could handle it unless I overclock. 

I use an intel stock cooler, it seems to work fine, but I am not overclocking or doing anything more that everyday use and a little bit of gaming.

1 hour ago, vorticalbox said:

I thought everyone knew it?

well the amount of posts I see about people telling me their amd chips idle at 15c below room temp suggest otherwise :D 

What do you guys think of CoolerMaster T400? Where I'm from, which is China mainland, we don't have EVO 212. 

The stock cooler should be fine if you're not overclocking.

I'd check to make sure the fan on the cooler is spinning and if that is working that the cooler is firmly secured.

Should those seem fine then my next thought would be trying to replace the thermal paste on the cooler.

18 hours ago, GeneralLol said:

What do you guys think of CoolerMaster T400? Where I'm from, which is China mainland, we don't have EVO 212. 

Its better than stock. If you can find one with 6 heatpipes and 120mm fan, that would be same level with 212.

Stock coolers are designed to run CPU they come with just fine. Just remember that if you live in hot county, like 30+C room temps, you are seeing much higher CPU temps than people from US, CA and most of Europe.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/16/2016 at 5:28 PM, Samsterstorm said:

One core will always have a higher load its normal not to worry! They will all be different temps as well!

So yep, I bought a Hyper D92. I can warm my hand at my back panel now Lol. Does that Athlon X4 output THAT much heat? Kinda unbelievable. 

6 hours ago, GeneralLol said:

So yep, I bought a Hyper D92. I can warm my hand at my back panel now Lol. Does that Athlon X4 output THAT much heat? Kinda unbelievable. 

Most desktop CPUs can easily heat up the motherboard and rear panel if you don't cool them well enough. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Most desktop CPUs can easily heat up the motherboard and rear panel if you don't cool them well enough. 

Not exactly though. Now after I changed a cooler the CPU became the coolest part in the entire system. Lol. But the heat it generates was blown to the back of the case. I was just amazed by how much heat that CPU generated. 

2 hours ago, GeneralLol said:

Not exactly though. Now after I changed a cooler the CPU became the coolest part in the entire system. Lol. But the heat it generates was blown to the back of the case. I was just amazed by how much heat that CPU generated. 

That.. was exactly what I said. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

That.. was exactly what I said. 

Whoops. That was awkward. 

Just buy a 3rd party cooler. I recommended the Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo. Cheap and effective.

MY RIG

Intel core i5-6600k | Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte Z170-HD3 | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2X8) | Samsungs 850 EV0 250GB | WD BLUE 1TB | Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 G1 | Corsair 200r | EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold