PSA - Turkish Government being attacked by Turkish Military. Tanks and soldiers in Instanbul

AlTech
1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I think I need to know more on the history of the Ottoman empire to know what you mean

It's a subset of the military, but which political/religious ideologies do they respond to?

Likely either NATO, Russia+friends or ISIS/islamic extremists. I'd be surprised if not one of those three.

18 minutes ago, wcreek said:

So I wonder how the US is going to protect those Nuclear armaments that are at their AFB in Turkey. 

The US military has a standing plan at all times to secure its nuclear weapons in times of need. There is also always a strong military presence near them.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I think I need to know more on the history of the Ottoman empire to know what you mean

Numerous wars, a genocide, and a history of enslavement (pretty standard empire BS)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

So potentially a third world war that bares resemblance to the first world war but this time the central powers being middle eastern countries vs Europe+US?

We've been heading toward that for awhile.  This world war will likely be Russia, Europe and US vs the Middle East, and then the allies against Russia as Putin will want the Middle East, and resources.  He seems fixated on oil and gas.  China is eventually going to be pulled in to the fold as well, as they're consolidation with Xi and his imperialist sort of destiny is ramping up.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not saying this is in any way desirable, but there are some people who would like that idea

And all the survivers turn refugee will come to Europe.....

1 minute ago, Centurius said:

The US military has a standing plan at all times to secure its nuclear weapons in times of need. There is also always a strong military presence near them.

^  This.  Condition Delta is in effect for all active military personnel of the U.S., they'll be on high alert and moving any personnel and nuclear payloads as well as armaments to the nearest NATO country.  Likely Greece.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not saying this is in any way desirable, but there are some people who would like that idea

oh believe me if i had the chance I wouldnt even pause for a sec.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Geographically Videos like this are a nice crash course.

WW1 was the big deathblow to the ottoman empire. Prior to that they were in slow decline after being beaten by Polish and German armies upon attempting to invade Europe.

1 minute ago, SurvivorNVL said:

We've been heading toward that for awhile.  This world war will likely be Russia, Europe and US vs the Middle East, and then the allies against Russia as Putin will want the Middle East, and resources.  He seems fixated on oil and gas.  China is eventually going to be pulled in to the fold as well, as they're consolidation with Xi and his imperialist sort of destiny is ramping up.

Well I agree that if something doesn't give soon, there'll probably be enough tensions to start a worldwide war. But I think that if this is the start of a Ottoman Empire v2 or whatever that this could mean that a third world war would likely be like the first world war. But Europe would be unified and it would be the west vs the Middle east. Not sure who some Asian countries would side with.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Well I agree that if something doesn't give soon, there'll probably be enough tensions to start a worldwide war. But I think that if this is the start of a Ottoman Empire v2 or whatever that this could mean that a third world war would likely be like the first world war. But Europe would be unified and it would be the west vs the Middle east. Not sure who some Asian countries would side with.

China is anti-Islamic.  Communism does have some merit.  Malaysia would be steamrolled.  We're heading toward an ampitheter of war and we just have to hope nobody uses nuclear weapons--though I have to imagine that the Middle East might just be glassed if Russia has a say.

6 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

I find all historical events to be fun, though it is definitely scary.  This is effectively a global melting point, and the pot is likely to tip over any day now.  If the earlier reports that there were Russian forces assisting military in the coup - this would have some massive ramifications for the future.  The EU is dissolving day by day, referendums are popping up, Britain made the best decision of its life, the US is about to have the most important election since the 80s, Islamic terrorism is at an all time high, and nationalism is on the rise. Putin is Putin.  Really, that is all you can say about Putin.  Oh, yeah, and I guess China and the military action they're taking in the south china sea is also a thing.

Really turmoil and war are getting -really- close.  It's fun, because it's going to be hard, it's going to be meaningful and culture, society, life, maybe even economic theory and the ways of the world will change as these events shape hearts and minds.  Participation and history.

That or we all die in the process

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

China is anti-Islamic.  Communism does have some merit.  Malaysia would be steamrolled.  We're heading toward an ampitheter of war and we just have to hope nobody uses nuclear weapons--though I have to imagine that the Middle East might just be glassed if Russia has a say.

if a country is about to lose it will fire everything it has. even including nukes

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

If any of you guys end up as president, don't fuck up like erdogan and take your eyes off the military. They're going to overthrow you as soon as you take your eyes off.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

I'm Italian-Scandinavian.  I don't die, I just wait for the next Empire.

what about an Italian-Irish guy like me? ahaha well, at least you don't live in Europe, next to ISIS' attacks and middle east

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

2 minutes ago, kelvindeschutter said:

if a country is about to lose it will fire everything it has. even including nukes

I think by the time it's that desperate, you probably have lost the ability to do so.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

If any of you guys end up as president, don't fuck up like erdogan and take your eyes off the military. They're going to overthrow you as soon as you take your eyes off.

Not being a religious radical also tends to be effective.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

2 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Well that's good to know that the super power that is China would probably support the US and Europe. Maybe WW3 would purge the world of all religion, that wouldn't be too bad I guess.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

BTW, the first military coup d'etat I experience in my life. Missed the berlin wall takedown by a hair

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Given the insane thermobaric bombs russia has, they dont even need nukes. Those bombs alone is as powerful as a small nuke and will incinerate everything there is within massive radiuses.

2 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Not being a religious radical also tends to be effective.

Pretty much

Don't let your view of the world become mudded by unchanging ideals

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Turkish government states that they've seized power back, for the third time in a row

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Given the insane thermobaric bombs russia has, they dont even need nukes. Those bombs alone is as powerful as a small nuke and will incinerate everything there is within massive radiuses.

Tzar Bomb FTW! ahahah

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Turkish government states that they've seized power back, for the third time in a row

I'm skeptical of that.