The 2P/4P Owners Club

Definitely better. The sixteen cores will definitely have more muscle than the quad core Intel one. I would ask @Whaler_99.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Definitely better. The sixteen cores will definitely have more muscle than the quad core Intel one. I would ask @Whaler_99.

I have messaged him :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I have messaged him :)

What did he say?? Just curious :)

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

As Judahnator said, 16 real cores minimum are required to get access and those projects are worth a lot more points than regular projects. They also have extremely tight deadlines, usually a few days, and missing them means you get a severe point penalty, so it's best to have a dedicated folder or else you'll get around 20k points rather than hundreds of thousands. I have experience with that... my first two BigAdv projects missed their deadlines thanks to unforeseen problems.

unforseen problems like?

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

unforseen problems like?

Power outages were one thing because of a blizzard, kept turning off the computer in the middle of the night so hours of time were lost there. Because of this, I tried to make it fold on startup, and for some reason it was doing two BigAdv work projects at once, so it took even longer.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Power outages were one thing because of a blizzard, kept turning off the computer in the middle of the night so hours of time were lost there. Because of this, I tried to make it fold on startup, and for some reason it was doing two BigAdv work projects at once, so it took even longer.

that sucks!

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

• 2 weeks later...

Updated - Welcome @ray_p1 to the gang! 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Do you happen to know if engineering samples will preform the same as normal ones without issues?

Might be a little slower depending on clock speeds. they also note there might be compatiblity issues.

i have 2 i7 2600es's and they run fine

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Do you happen to know if engineering samples will preform the same as normal ones without issues?

really good price here

really good price here

Now delete the link no one else has to see it :P

Wow the one confirmed working motherboard is really expensive

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

How do you know it's compatible?

Look at the shape of that thing

Cant know for sure, but the cpus are basicly the same as regular ones.

mainly people put the disclaimer to cover thier ass.

Dont worry about the shape. Its long, hard and it hertz.

Updated with info for @ray_p1 and @tobben

Great job guys!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

quick question my 3p folder missed the deadline for a  bigadv work unit .should i just run smp work units till i get my new cpu or chance another  missed work unit.

it's just project 8101 i missed the deadline on by a few hours . passes the other ones i have gotten. 

quick question my 3p folder missed the deadline for a  bigadv work unit .should i just run smp work units till i get my new cpu or chance another  missed work unit.

it's just project 8101 i missed the deadline on by a few hours . passes the other ones i have gotten. 

I say keep going if you're making the others but only missing the brutal 8101, I haven't gotten assigned them too often so it might be a once-in-a-while thing until you get your 4th processor (since one was broken, right?)

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

yeah DOA its a tough decision 120k ppd when it passes 10k when it fails 60k with smp.

I have two 2P machines but I don't think that counts as they only have 8 cores but 16 hyperthreaded virtual cores lol Maybe if I combine both... hehe jealous by everyone's machines here! amazing work!

I have same issue with my Xeon unit - I run bigadv - since I fold a lot of other cores, I doubt losing a few to 8101 will hurt - and I mostly get 8103-05.

I have two 2P machines but I don't think that counts as they only have 8 cores but 16 hyperthreaded virtual cores lol Maybe if I combine both... hehe jealous by everyone's machines here! amazing work!

Yes, unfortunately neither of those would be able to finish most 8000's series projects...

Yes, unfortunately neither of those would be able to finish most 8000's series projects...

What do you think the performance is in Gflops of one of your folders?