Mother Invents Epilepsy-Sensing Glove

https://iq.intel.com/mom-makes-smart-glove-that-detects-epileptic-seizures/

Raji Borthakur is a mother in Bangalore whose child has suffered stunted growth due to epileptic seizures. Despite having some of the best available healthcare (she is rather wealthy), the diagnosis came late, and often episodes were detected too late. As a way to take more charge in her son's wellbeing, she brought together Intel Edison technology and her sewing skills to create gloves which can sense many vitals in the body, but particularly fluctuations in nervous system behavior. Applications include patients with Parkinsons, Huntingtons, Epilepsy, and more.

It's news like this that makes me smile. Way to go Raji! Apparently she's in the running to win a big invention competition in India as well because of this. I'm cheering for her!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

A story that doesn't make me lose faith in humanity, or cause an amd/nvidia related flame war WHAT!!

But in all seriousness this is a very useful application of health diagnosis equipment, hope it gets recognized appropriately.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

ffs people in the comments whining about CPUs xD

If this is what Intel has been doing the whole time, personally i'm ok with it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

No other words than being amazed. Good job Raji, people can aspire to help others in the same way, in all different fields.

As someone who have Epilepsy I would not benefit much from this glove as I already have my seizures under 100% control, atm atleast. However its a great invention and not only that but Epilepsy is generally a diagnosis filled with misinformation and bringing it more out in the light is nothing but awesome. This article like this will help with that I believe. I actually made an off-topic discussion about epilepsy... sadly not many people noticed or cared so its kinda dead. I tried to keep it alive but to no avail, however if anyone wanna know more about epilepsy there's already some stuff in the topic here: Shameless plug

Also don't be scared to asked about it and I'll answer as best as I can.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit.