How much should I sell this PC for?

Hi so recently I got a free PC on Craigslist and I just fixed it up and upgraded some things in there and I'm wondering how much would I be able to make off it. I spent $25 total in upgrades for the PC like the Xeon x5460 CPU and the mod sticker. So how much do you think I can sell this PC for? 

CPU: Intel Xeon X5460 Quad Core CPU @4.0GHz with 1.28v 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R 
RAM: 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800MHz
GPU: NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB
PSU: Rosewell Green 430w PSU
Case: Antec Performance Series P182 ATX MidTower Chassis
Cooling: ZALMAN CNPS9700

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, refinedskillz said:

No idea who would buy such a thing.

You'd be surprised people sell old ass useless pcs on Craigslist all the time. Mostly the old prebuilt pcs that are basically obsolete. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

I doubt you would get even $100 for it Its 2 generations old just on the memory... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

Hi so recently I got a free PC on Craigslist and I just fixed it up and upgraded some things in there and I'm wondering how much would I be able to make off it. I spent $25 total in upgrades for the PC like the Xeon x5460 CPU and the mod sticker. So how much do you think I can sell this PC for? 

Maybe 50, but its pretty much useless for most.

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

You'd be surprised people sell old ass useless pcs on Craigslist all the time. Mostly the old prebuilt pcs that are basically obsolete. 

If you could rebrand it as "High Spec Office PC With Quad Core Processor And Graphics" Then i'd say about $150.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

3 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

Apperently you're already selling it for 300$.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/5678775317.html

Also "Gaming System"?, it has a 8800Gt.

Nobody is going to play anything expect Tetris on that thing.

May the force be with you - Yoda

3 potatoes. No less. Maybe start at 5. It's worth it, trust me, having them pay in potatoes Just makes sense.

1 minute ago, refinedskillz said:

If you could rebrand it as "High Spec Office PC With Quad Core Processor And Graphics" Then i'd say about $150.

He called it on Craigslist: Custom Built Budget Gaming Computer

2 minutes ago, itsMilan said:

He called it on Craigslist: Custom Built Budget Gaming Computer

Could work.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Heck my toaster could become a "gaming toaster" if I put some black and red spray paint on the thing. I'm sure people would buy it. Maybe some LED's on the inside to spruce things up.

Try to sell for 70$.

If no1 buys it, sell it for 20$ xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Max I would pay is $15 AUD which is roughly $11 USD...

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

33 minutes ago, itsMilan said:

Apperently you're already selling it for 300$.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/5678775317.html

Also "Gaming System"?, it has a 8800Gt.

Nobody is going to play anything expect Tetris on that thing.

You'd be surprised the gpu is a potato by today's standard but it will do light and older games on pretty decent settings at 1080p like tf2, csgo, minecraft, unturned, ect. Put in a cheap used 750ti or even put in a Radeon HD 7950 and you got a pretty solid rig for the money. The x5460 is a boss at overclocking. I got it up to 4.0GHz without much effort and at that it was sparring head on with the amd fx 8320 CPU so that's pretty impressive already. i put my Gtx 760 in there just to see how much power it has and the fallout 4 and battlefield 4 benchmarks shocked me along with the gta 5 one too. 

30 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

You could probably get $100 or so for it if you put another 4GB's of RAM in there. That CPU's still pretty solid.

I like how you gave an honest option unlike the rest of the useless users who commented on this thread or took it as a joke. Thank you for it. 

80$ if your lucky, No one who is right in theire head is not going to buy that old potato for 300$. Even if tis dear and important to you, for others its just old pc that trying to be something its not

EDIT. Running benchmarks on diffrent gpu and advertising them with your potato, is something that could be considered to be scam, even if it says that its on diffrent gpu. SHAME on you buddeh

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

1 minute ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

80$ if your lucky, No one who is right in theire head is not going to buy that old potato for 300$. Even if tis dear and important to you, for others its just old pc that trying to be something its not

Yes, I agree with you if you look at the 8800gt you'd think its a potato but what your underminding is the x5460 at 4.0GHz. If you were to swap out that potato 8800gt then you'd be shocked at the performance increase. An x5460 at stock speeds is essentially a q9650. Overclock it to 4.0GHz and now your have identical power to an FX 8320 at stock speeds and roughly the same power as an i5 2400. From what I see it the gpu is a shitter by today's standards but the CPU is far from being crap. Especially at that clock speed. Maybe I'll lower the price of the PC to $200 since the CPU is very well still powerful but the gpu ain't. I paired that CPU at 4.0GHz with a GTX 760 and I got 70fps average in battlefield 4 on high settings at 1080p. 50 fps average in fallout 4 on high settings at 1080p. If I lower the PC cost to $200 then it would be insane value for money if you pair it with a good used gpu like a Gtx 760 or a HD 7950. 

22 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

EDIT. Running benchmarks on diffrent gpu and advertising them with your potato, is something that could be considered to be scam, even if it says that its on diffrent gpu. SHAME on you buddeh

I said in my listing I ran benchmarks of the AAA games with the more beefier Gtx 760. The other games like minecraft, csgo, unturned, tf2 were ran on the 8800gt. If you read the listing you'd clearly see that I list and state which games were run on which gpu. I had to use the Gtx 760 to see the full potential of the platform itself because the only bottleneck here in the setup is the graphics card itself which is the 8800gt. that's what most hardware reviewers do when they try to compare different CPUs with each other. Use a powerful card to remove any gpu bottlenecks. In my case I don't have  a super powerful card lying around so I had to borrow my friends Gtx 760 to do the testing of CPU power. Also look in the images I ran benchmarks like cinebench r15 the CPUz built in benchmark tool. As of the game benchmark I just got the minecraft one but I will update the listing with other game benchmarks soon. The CPU benchmarks speak for themselves though. Basically identical power of an AMD fx 8320 and near identical power of an i5 2400. cinebench score is around that of a i3 6100. I don't see any bs or scam there.

13 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

I said in my listing I ran benchmarks of the AAA games with the more beefier Gtx 760. The other games like minecraft, csgo, unturned, tf2 were ran on the 8800gt. If you read the listing you'd clearly see that I list and state which games were run on which gpu. I had to use the Gtx 760 to see the full potential of the platform itself because the only bottleneck here in the setup is the graphics card itself which is the 8800gt. that's what most hardware reviewers do when they try to compare different CPUs with each other. Use a powerful card to remove any gpu bottlenecks. In my case I don't have  a super powerful card lying around so I had to borrow my friends Gtx 760 to do the testing of CPU power. Also look in the images I ran benchmarks like cinebench r15 the CPUz built in benchmark tool. As of the game benchmark I just got the minecraft one but I will update the listing with other game benchmarks soon. The CPU benchmarks speak for themselves though. Basically identical power of an AMD fx 8320 and near identical power of an i5 2400. cinebench score is around that of a i3 6100. I don't see any bs or scam there.

Its like if im selling my 960 and sain that it runs 60 fps on Google chrome and I also get 120 fps on max with my 980ti every game. Your just selling box that apart from cpu belongs in scrapyard. Besideds who buys pc just so he can upgrade it with Another part immidietly? Fucking no body. Its your loss anyway if you cant sell it becus your head is so deep in your ass that you canni see your potato is worth nothing  (apart from the cpu) best thinf you can do is sell the cpu on its own for 50$ and maybe someone will buy it

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

I personally like to sell the best parts alone. At least thats what i did with my last pc

35 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Its like if im selling my 960 and sain that it runs 60 fps on Google chrome and I also get 120 fps on max with my 980ti every game. Your just selling box that apart from cpu belongs in scrapyard. Besideds who buys pc just so he can upgrade it with Another part immidietly? Fucking no body. Its your loss anyway if you cant sell it becus your head is so deep in your ass that you canni see your potato is worth nothing  (apart from the cpu) best thinf you can do is sell the cpu on its own for 50$ and maybe someone will buy it

that is where you are wrong, maybe i was wrong to sell the PC for $300 but still you'd be surprised how older hardware fairs against games. if you pick the right parts you can get insane value for money. the components in there aren't junk. a p45 chipset motherboard is pretty highly sought after and has a hefty price tag in the used market. a premodded P45 motherboard running a custom bios for xeon cpus is worth even more. along with the X5460 which is also highly sought after chip due to its godly ability to get really high overclocks provided you have a good board to pair it with also even if you dont OC the X5460 its actully faster than a qx9650 at stock speeds. also even thought the system has 4gb ddr2 its the higher speed DDR2 so its also the secret ingredient to get the high overclocks because this is OCing the Old skool method where the memory speed and CAS latency basically dictates how high of an overclock you can get. you seriously under estimate the power of older hardware. also if you think im a "scammer" then take a look at this guy's ad. he's even worse than me. at least i provide actual benchmarks... https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sys/5671503573.html

here is my specific board on ebay. just type in p45 motherboard in ebay and most listings you see are $100+ just for the board alone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GA-EP45-UD3R-P45-E5450-SLBBM-Better-Than-QX9650-80W-TDP-LGA775-IO-Shield-/231881621555?hash=item35fd38c033:g:SewAAOSwl9BWNKup

cmon dude not all older PC parts are worthless after a couple of years... look at X58 boards on eBay. they are almost $200+ a piece. 

1 hour ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

You'd be surprised the gpu is a potato by today's standard but it will do light and older games on pretty decent settings at 1080p like tf2, csgo, minecraft, unturned, ect. Put in a cheap used 750ti or even put in a Radeon HD 7950 and you got a pretty solid rig for the money. The x5460 is a boss at overclocking. I got it up to 4.0GHz without much effort and at that it was sparring head on with the amd fx 8320 CPU so that's pretty impressive already. i put my Gtx 760 in there just to see how much power it has and the fallout 4 and battlefield 4 benchmarks shocked me along with the gta 5 one too. 

The CPU is fine, but my problem with your price is:

In your post on Craigslist you're all happy about how awesome it will become if you put a better graphics card in or whatever. This would be fine if it was your old setup.

But, you 'refurbished' an old system you bought online.

The whole point of this is that you put that shiny new 750ti in.

And then sell it.

Becuase for 475$ (Your system + 750ti) you can build a way better rig.

With better CPU and more decent powersupply.

If you're trying to get into system building and selling then you're not going on the right path. (In my opinion).

9 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

that is where you are wrong, maybe i was wrong to sell the PC for $300 but still you'd be surprised how older hardware fairs against games. if you pick the right parts you can get insane value for money. the components in there aren't junk. a p45 chipset motherboard is pretty highly sought after and has a hefty price tag in the used market. a premodded P45 motherboard running a custom bios for xeon cpus is worth even more. along with the X5460 which is also highly sought after chip due to its godly ability to get really high overclocks provided you have a good board to pair it with also even if you dont OC the X5460 its actully faster than a qx9650 at stock speeds. also even thought the system has 4gb ddr2 its the higher speed DDR2 so its also the secret ingredient to get the high overclocks because this is OCing the Old skool method where the memory speed and CAS latency basically dictates how high of an overclock you can get. you seriously under estimate the power of older hardware. also if you think im a "scammer" then take a look at this guy's ad. he's even worse than me. at least i provide actual benchmarks... https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sys/5671503573.html

here is my specific board on ebay. just type in p45 motherboard in ebay and most listings you see are $100+ just for the board alone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GA-EP45-UD3R-P45-E5450-SLBBM-Better-Than-QX9650-80W-TDP-LGA775-IO-Shield-/231881621555?hash=item35fd38c033:g:SewAAOSwl9BWNKup

Then you sell the board will get you a lot more money,

also don't go with the first thing you find on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-Technology-GA-EP45-UD3L-LGA-775-Socket-T-Intel-Motherboard-/272301810352?hash=item3f6673e2b0:g:~rAAAOSwygJXgLgd

35 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Its like if im selling my 960 and sain that it runs 60 fps on Google chrome and I also get 120 fps on max with my 980ti every game.

also that statement is completely irreverent and doesnt make sense at all. you are basically comparing 2 GPUs with each other. now if you were to say sell a PC like lets say an i5 2500k PC with 8gb ram, a z67 motherboard and a GTX 660ti then in your benchmarks you got 80fps average in battlefield 4 on high preset, but when you swapped the GTX 660TI  for a GTX 980TI you now have 100 FPS average on ultra settings. then thats relievent because then you are advertising about how the platform itself can handle gaming still despite its age, not the GPU. the use of the 980ti in that test would be to remove the GPU bottleneck in the system and generate results that compare differnt platforms with each other.