How much should I sell this PC for?

3 minutes ago, itsMilan said:

The CPU is fine, but my problem with your price is:

In your post on Craigslist you're all happy about how awesome it will become if you put a better graphics card in or whatever. This would be fine if it was your old setup.

But, you 'refurbished' an old system you bought online.

The whole point of this is that you put that shiny new 750ti in.

And then sell it.

Becuase for 475$ (Your system + 750ti) you can build a way better rig.

With better CPU and more decent powersupply.

If you're trying to get into system building and selling then you're not going on the right path. (In my opinion).

$175 for a 750ti? who the hell would buy a 750ti for $175?  also i think i said "find a USED 750ti"  or some card radeon equivalent like a used HD 6950 or used HD 7950. all of which can be acquired for less than $100 in the used market. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, itsMilan said:

Then you sell the board will get you a lot more money,

also don't go with the first thing you find on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-Technology-GA-EP45-UD3L-LGA-775-Socket-T-Intel-Motherboard-/272301810352?hash=item3f6673e2b0:g:~rAAAOSwygJXgLgd

thats not the board i have. the EP45-UD3R is the one i have, a much more expensive board than that. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

13 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

that is where you are wrong, maybe i was wrong to sell the PC for $300 but still you'd be surprised how older hardware fairs against games. if you pick the right parts you can get insane value for money. the components in there aren't junk. a p45 chipset motherboard is pretty highly sought after and has a hefty price tag in the used market. a premodded P45 motherboard running a custom bios for xeon cpus is worth even more. along with the X5460 which is also highly sought after chip due to its godly ability to get really high overclocks provided you have a good board to pair it with also even if you dont OC the X5460 its actully faster than a qx9650 at stock speeds. also even thought the system has 4gb ddr2 its the higher speed DDR2 so its also the secret ingredient to get the high overclocks because this is OCing the Old skool method where the memory speed and CAS latency basically dictates how high of an overclock you can get. you seriously under estimate the power of older hardware. also if you think im a "scammer" then take a look at this guy's ad. he's even worse than me. at least i provide actual benchmarks... https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sys/5671503573.html

here is my specific board on ebay. just type in p45 motherboard in ebay and most listings you see are $100+ just for the board alone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GA-EP45-UD3R-P45-E5450-SLBBM-Better-Than-QX9650-80W-TDP-LGA775-IO-Shield-/231881621555?hash=item35fd38c033:g:SewAAOSwl9BWNKup

cmon dude not all older PC parts are worthless after a couple of years... look at X58 boards on eBay. they are almost $200+ a piece. 

I can ask 1000$ for a fx 4300 if i want to, but it doesnt make it more valuable. Besideds your mobo is using ddr2 so you cant even get new ram for it unless you get it used (atleast in here). And who cares what that others are doing, unless you are selling the same product then you want to look at the prices. And just a little tip, everything you buy (especially pc parts) the value degrades drasticly over time and in use. even if the components are minted condition its still not worth that much. Just becouse some parts are rare and old and goes for alot money, doesnt mean your little bit newer parts are going for more money than that. Price is set by demand and i hardly doubt theres demand for potato pc's. Again sell it as parts. If you sell the mobo, cpu and ram to someone, he might use it as For example NAS. What he doesnt want is the old gpu and other parts to consume power. Just sell your components as parts for DECENT price and someone will buy them.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

7 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

thats not the board i have. the EP45-UD3R is the one i have, a much more expensive board than that. 

You're clearly annoyed, find your own damn solution then.

Bye.

May the force be with you - Yoda

Just now, Flavortown2k16 said:

I can ask 1000$ for a fx 4300 if i want to, but it doesnt make it more valuable. Besideds your mobo is using ddr2 so you cant even get new ram for it unless you get it used (atleast in here). And who cares what that others are doing, unless you are selling the same product then you want to look at the prices. And just a little tip, everything you buy (especially pc parts) the value degrades drasticly over time and in use. even if the components are minted condition its still not worth that much. Just becouse some parts are rare and old and goes for alot money, doesnt mean your little bit newer parts are going for more money than that. Price is set by demand and i hardly doubt theres demand for potato pc's. Again sell it as parts. If you sell the mobo, cpu and ram to someone, he might use it as For example NAS. What he doesnt want is the old gpu and other parts to consume power. Just sell your components as parts for DECENT price and someone will buy them.

there is a demand for them though you see, thats why you see old skool X58 motherboard for $200+ and old skool p45 motheboards for $100+ ever since servers, old servers have been decommissioned lots of Xeon CPUs are flooding ebay so the supply is high but the demand is low thats why the Xeons are dirt cheap, however the motherboards, since the xeons need top of the line chipsets to work like for the 771 CPUs its the p45 chipset and for the LGA 1366 CPUs its the X58 chipset. since these boards where expensive back then, not alot of people bought them so supply for them is low but since lots of people want to use the old and cheap faster xeons the demand for the top of the line chipset boards are high. and thats why the prices for them are jacked up. 

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

there is a demand for them though you see, thats why you see old skool X58 motherboard for $200+ and old skool p45 motheboards for $100+ ever since servers old servers have been decomissioned lots of Xeon CPUs are flooding ebay so the supply is high but the demand is low thats why the Xeons are dirt cheap, however the motherboards since the xeons need top of the line chipsets to work like for the 771 CPUs its the p45 chipset and for the LGA 1366 CPUs its the X58 chipset. since these boards where expensive back then, not alot of people bought them so supply for them is low but since lots of people want to run the older faster xeons the demand for the top of the line chipset boards are high. 

Well why on earth are you selling the crap around the mobo with it AND with extra price.

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

15 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Well why on earth are you selling the crap around the mobo with it AND with extra price.

the answer the value of the other parts are relatively the same as the asking price, lets do a price breakdown, P45 motherboard $100, 4GB DDR2 $20, Case $30, CPU with mod sticker $25, power supply $25, Graphics card $10, CPU cooler $20 total cost $230. plus you have to add in the labor to rebuild and refurbish the system and also to modify the motherboard both physically, and firmware wise for it to work with the xeon chip. though if i didnt add in labor cost then id say this would be a $200 PC if i wanted to aggressively sell it. though $250 would be more realistic. 

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

the answer the value of the other parts are relatively the same as the asking price, lets do a price breakdown, P45 motherboard $100, 4GB DDR2 $20, Case $30, CPU with mod sticker $25, power supply $25, Graphics card $10, CPU cooler $20 total cost $230. plus you have to add in the labor to rebuild and modify the motherboard both physically, and firmware wise. though if i didnt add in labor cost then id say this would be a $200 PC. if i wanted to aggressively sell it. though $250 would be more realistic. 

wait so you tinkered with the mobo? You do ken that the 100$ is for deafult board with out anything else? Tinkering anything will decrease the value. Also 4 gb ddr2, the case, gpu, cpu cooler, psu are all worth jack shit. They are all combined maybe 20$. YET AGAIN Sell your mobo and cpu separetly and ditch the rest. Theres no one who will buy this for that price point. Maybe if it had new gpu then just maybe its worth 300$.

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

You're not going to sell it for $250 USD when you can go P67 with a 2500k and 4GBs of DDR3 for less than the $145 you valued your stuff at. Someone who wants a potato PC won't spend $250 on something almost 10 years old.

1 minute ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

wait so you tinkered with the mobo? You do ken that the 100$ is for deafult board with out anything else? Tinkering anything will decrease the value. Also 4 gb ddr2, the case, gpu, cpu cooler, psu are all worth jack shit. They are all combined maybe 20$. YET AGAIN Sell your mobo and cpu separetly and ditch the rest. Theres no one who will buy this for that price point. Maybe if it had new gpu then just maybe its worth 300$.

yes you need to modify the motherboard in order for it to work with the Xeon. because back then intel was stupid enough to make their server chips internally the same as their extreme edition desktop chips, with a little of cutting 2 things off the pin socket array and a little bios modification you can get a superior server chip to run in the motherboard. you can make more money selling the parts individually though 

3 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

yes you need to modify the motherboard in order for it to work with the Xeon. because back then intel was stupid enough to make their server chips internally the same as their extreme edition desktop chips, with a little of cutting 2 things off the pin socket array and a little bios modification you can get a superior server chip to run in the motherboard. you can make more money selling the parts individually though 

Fuck it, sell it for fucking 100000000k. i do not care. Just a little reminder IF YOU TINKER WITH ANYTHING THE PRICE DROPS ALOT.

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

33 minutes ago, l__T__l said:

You're not going to sell it for $250 USD when you can go P67 with a 2500k and 4GBs of DDR3 for less than the $145 you valued your stuff at. Someone who wants a potato PC won't spend $250 on something almost 10 years old.

but you see the xeon at 4.0GHz matches the i5 in performance. though you do bring up a valid point about the sandy bridge i5s with a p67 board. not going to lie there. though most people on craigslist arent exactly PC gods, they just need something that works because if they are buying a custom pc already built what makes you think they are going to build one themselves. plus it varies from place to place. where im at all the used PCs on craigslist are overpriced so its normal to raise the price up for it. many people with potato pcs do this. 

example of one 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/sys/5671503573.html

30 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Fuck it, sell it for fucking 100000000k. i do not care. Just a little reminder IF YOU TINKER WITH ANYTHING THE PRICE DROPS ALOT.

that is true on most things like modding cars because once you cut that firewall in your shitty honda civic to fit a chevy v8, theirs no undoing that.  but for the motherboard the tinkering can easily be undone. just reflash the custom bios with the normal one, pull the xeon out, plop a q9300 back in there and your done.  

It is only a "point of view".

"Every goods has its buyer".....so chill.

That machine is pretty good, even for newer games.

I'm not talking about "high-end gaming", but it is enough to pull a lot.

Maybe you should get a better GPU and a little more ram....like 8GB and MAYBE you'll be able to get like 200$?

I have Q9550 with 8GB and ATi HD6770 and I've pulled Arkham Knight very easy no matter what sys req said.

P.S. Some dude on YT pulled Arkham Knight with Q6600, 4GB of DDR2 and ATi HD7750 without a problem and we all know how big are sys req for Arkham Knight.

I heard that coffee's good for my sex life.

It isn't.

It kept me awake through the whole damn thing!

I actually had to participate.

- Jeff Dunham -

Just now, Killjoy_NS said:

It is only a "point of view".

"Every goods has its buyer".....so chill.

That machine is pretty good, even for newer games.

I'm not talking about "high-end gaming", but it is enough to pull a lot.

Maybe you should get a better GPU and a little more ram....like 8GB and MAYBY you'll be able to get like 200$?

I have Q9550 with 8GB and ATi HD6770 and I've pulled Arkham Knight very easy no matter what sys req said.

finally someone with a little logic here! it is basically aimed towards very budget minded gamers. i mean at stock speeds this CPU is faster than the qx9650 and when OC'd it OC alot higher than the qx9650 could. for the GPU i cant put my spare HD 4870 since the PSU won't be able to handle it. as of the RAM when i played most games 4GB was fine but you are right that more ram does look more attractive to a buyer but the downside is the cheap ram will limit the overclock that ill be able to get on this CPU.