LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

In my home there is a lot of talk about "wife-factor" each time something new and nerdy is being purchased, this would definately qualify, It makes it possible to keep the conventional tv setup, but just replace the tv with a projector. I want this ;)

I am interested to see how this would go with projection bombing. Will need to work out a way to power it whilst keeping it ultra portable.

For those who don't know what projection bombing is, essentially we grab a projector, bring a power source (either a lead to grab from  a near by source or bring a few 24v batteries and an inverter) and project onto blank walls. We also bring professional speakers along and all the required interfaces to run audio.

Normally we project N64 games but sometimes we will project the simpsons and other tv shows/movies for all to watch.

If the brightness is as good as it seems in the video then this projector is a great deal. The last projector I had was far from portable. My mobile xbox dream has not yet been realized.

This thing looks sweet AF.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

i m interested in the technology behind it and also i think it would make an absolute perfect "tv" for my kids.

This looks amazing. I would love to have one of these for when we get new students after summer for semester start. I study, and work as a students councellor/intro guide, for a cand.IT in interaction-design, and this would be abslolutely brilliant to introduce to new students. Paring this up with our dronecam would blow minds and really give a feel for what interactionsdesign can be.

If I get this, I will also see if I can get faculty to sponsor a few more cam drones and then I will have new students race each other on big screen around campus and it shall be glorious.

Nice, hope this is will be my first projector.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

Need this for my bedroom! Pls give it to me!!! Looks crazy

very nice projector, convenient usage, cant wait to grab me one of these, or wait for the next model

Its fantastic for the price. Remember that Sony projector that did this?

It looks really cool and I am in need of a new projector.

What a neat device. This would be perfect for my huge, white wall on the side of my house!

5 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I don't think it is something we necessarily need, but it is definitely nice to have a beamer you can simply take with you to a friend's house and  watch movies and play games on. The basic idea of a portable beamer is also something extremely cool when you think about how they could get smaller over the next couple of years. And let's not forget the awesome angle the picture is projected at, that is an amazing solution for people who want a big picture projected, but don't have enough space to set up a normal beamer. In general this product is really awesome for people that want their own cinema at home, but don't have the space to set it up. 

5 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

The projector looks clean and neat and could blend in to black setups very well.

The setup from the video altogether was amazing (I am soooooo jealous) I think you guys have the best jobs EVER and I love watching your videos!!!!!!

A Cool looking projector loved the short film Linus and the crew.

Awesomeness! This will be perfect for my small house!

This projector looks like an amazing choice for a small home theater set-up and it might even PROJECT BACKPACK(s)!

Project Millenium:     CPU- i7 6700k  Cooler- Corsair H100i  Motherboard- Asus Z170 Deluxe  RAM- Corsair Dominator 3200 (8x2)  Storage- 120gb Samsung 850 Evo+ 3TB WD Blue  GPU- Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070  Case- NZXT Noctis 450  PSU- Corsair RM850i  Keyboard- Corsair K70 RGB  Mouse- Logitech G500S  Headphones- Klipsch Reference One  Monitor- Samsung CF398

Toaster Rig (Repurposed):   CPU- A8-6600k  Cooler- Corsair H100i  Motherboard- MSI A78-E35  RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws (4x2)  Storage- 1TB WD Black  GPU- Sapphire R7 265  Case- Corsair Carbide SPEC-01  PSU- Corsair TX750M  Keyboard- Logitech G105  Mouse- E-Blue Mazer  Headphones- Tritton Kunai  Monitor- ASUS VX238H

I already have the razer blade 2016 and would love to be able to downsize my current setup even further by removing the monitor from the equation. Best of luck to all entrants!

Me: That's a sexy projector. 

Friend: You can't marry the projector.

Me: Watch me.

Friend: Why?