New enthusiast around

Fulcrum93

Hello everyone, my name is Roberto and I'm from Italy. 

I started following linus tech tips a little more than two months ago on youtube while looking for some good case reviews and here I am at last. Without a new case yet. 

As a quick bio I could say I'm a pc enthusiast since 2010, built 4 rigs for myself, family and friends alike, and now I'm looking for components for my next build which will be an N7 black and red themed one. Hope I will find some good advices here. 

My actual rig, after almost 4 years of good service is:

Asrock Z77 extreme 4

Intel i5 3570k

Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance lp white

Sapphire HD 7870 GHz edition 

Corsair CX600

Crucial MX200 250GB (bought almost a year ago to see in first person how much truly changed from HDDs to SSDs) 

Seagate barracuda 1TB HDD

CM Storm Enforcer

CM hyper 212 evo (recently bought because of stock cooler failure). 

Your tech videos are like drugs guys, keep up the good work! 

Hey, welcome to LinusTechtips! :) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hey hey welcome!!  

Also an N7 themed build?! Count me in! Make sure to post it in the build logs section ;) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Thank you both :)

As soon as I decide which case is worthy, I'll start collecting components and post lots of pics lol

Truth is I'm rather picky on the matter 

17 minutes ago, Fulcrum93 said:

Thank you both :)

As soon as I decide which case is worthy, I'll start collecting components and post lots of pics lol

Truth is I'm rather picky on the matter 

Nice nice!! 

Dont forget to quote people. Otherwise there's a good chance that it won't be seen! 

Will you be doing any painting/modding?

23 minutes ago, Nup said:

Nice nice!! 

Dont forget to quote people. Otherwise there's a good chance that it won't be seen! 

Will you be doing any painting/modding?

Sorry, using mobile I did not spot the quote arrow.

Yes original plan was on paint, but I'm actually thinking about some "professional printed sticker" thing. Already bought one online made from a custom art of mine and looked quite good.

About modding it depends on the case indeed. I thought about a custom psu shroud but here in Italy things are a bit messier with this kind of stuff,  it's not likely you go to a do it yourself kind of market and they have the machinery to cut and bend metal. Wood is okay, steel is nono. 

So chances are either I find a good way to hide the nzxt led logo of the h440 and a grommet for the psu shroud hole (I hate that ungrommeted hole), or change my mind and look for something else. 

3 minutes ago, Fulcrum93 said:

Sorry, using mobile I did not spot the quote arrow.

Yes original plan was on paint, but I'm actually thinking about some "professional printed sticker" thing. Already bought one online made from a custom art of mine and looked quite good.

About modding it depends on the case indeed. I thought about a custom psu shroud but here in Italy things are a bit messier with this kind of stuff,  it's not likely you go to a do it yourself kind of market and they have the machinery to cut and bend metal. Wood is okay, steel is nono. 

So chances are I find a good way to hide the nzxt led logo of the h440 and a grommet for the psu shroud hole (I hate that unprompted hole), or change my mind and look for something else. 

No worries :) 

Thats a shame. Italy can be a rather crafty place. (Funny I'm there, (here?) for summer). 

Shame for the modding ideas. But that'll bring you down other Intersting ideas! 

Ooh a h440 that could look pretty spacey. Tag me when it's up! 

5 minutes ago, Nup said:

No worries :) 

Thats a shame. Italy can be a rather crafty place. (Funny I'm there, (here?) for summer). 

Shame for the modding ideas. But that'll bring you down other Intersting ideas! 

Ooh a h440 that could look pretty spacey. Tag me when it's up! 

Cool sure will do. Have fun here in Italy anyway then, and try not to get caught in the pepperoni macaroni Berlusconi side of things lol

20 minutes ago, greaves1111 said:

howdy! welcome

Thank you :)

36 minutes ago, Fulcrum93 said:

Cool sure will do. Have fun here in Italy anyway then, and try not to get caught in the pepperoni macaroni Berlusconi side of things lol

?  I haven't heard that yet. But oooh yes, tanti salumi, poche Berlusconi!!! :P 

thanks man! 

Welcome. ?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

22 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Welcome. ?

Scary. Great looking build btw, is it loud? Lol

8 hours ago, Nup said:

?  I haven't heard that yet. But oooh yes, tanti salumi, poche Berlusconi!!! :P 

thanks man! 

Suggestion about salumi (&salami) is to enjoy them in Emilia Romagna (region), either in the cities of Piacenza, Parma, Bologna or Reggio. Best ones are found there ;)

17 minutes ago, Fulcrum93 said:

Scary. Great looking build btw, is it loud? Lol

Yes it is ^^. But i play with a Headset, so no big Deal.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Did someone said salami? 

Compare to Italian food , thinking about what I just ate, hmmm. FeelsBadMan...

>.<

Welcome to the forum!   xD

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Welcome to the great kingdom of Linus Tech Tips!

Are you a fan of heating your pizza on your computer like @Slick, I feel like the two of you will get along just great!

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

2 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Did someone said salami? 

Compare to Italian food , thinking about what I just ate, hmmm. FeelsBadMan...

>.<

Welcome to the forum!   xD

While I can enjoy it each day of my life eheh. Only I just don't because of some laziness lol

1 hour ago, Clonzoo said:

Welcome to the great kingdom of Linus Tech Tips!

Are you a fan of heating your pizza on your computer like @Slick, I feel like the two of you will get along just great!

I randomly cook some meat on an AMD cpu lying around, sometimes. 

On 06/07/2016 at 7:35 PM, hatuko said:

Ciao bello :D

Ciao! :)