GTA Online explanation needed

Virgule
Go to solution Solved by Kraze,
3 minutes ago, Virgule said:

So do missions to earn money to buy guns and a house ? What's the end game here ?

Theres not really an end-game to GTA Online, it just goes on and on till one day where you probably have purchased everything possible; such as all the cars, weapons, yachts and their respective modifications. I started out by just robbing shops. You can also do jobs which are sent to you on your phone but I find them quite boring. If you're lower leveled, hunting people down may be tough because they may have armored vehicles and better weapons than you. What I enjoy doing most in GTA online is just spending time in first person and cruising or parachuting. Trust me, GTA Online is way a better with friends unless you like doing jobs solo and relying on strangers for missions such as heists.

Hello,

I'm just beginning to try out GTA online for GTAV (PC) and I'm a bit lost. I get into a session and end up alone in the city with very little idea of what to do. I have no house, no garage, little money, 1-2 weapons and no rep. I see a few people wondering around seeming to all have things to attend to and I usually get killed when trying to approach them. Should I concentrate on trying to hunt people down?

I usually get kicked out of sessions I join (after having received an invite) and when I join sessions that are on locations I pass in the streets, no one seems to join. When I open the minimap, I see a great collection of icons that seem to refer to tons of stuff I can do but no easily understanding route is laid out.

I'm a bit lost and would need an explanation on how to start up. 

Regards,

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Virgule said:

Hello,

I'm just beginning to try out GTA online for GTAV (PC) and I'm a bit lost. I get into a session and end up alone in the city with very little idea of what to do. I have no house, no garage, little money, 1-2 weapons and no rep. I see a few people wondering around seeming to all have things to attend to and I usually get killed when trying to approach them. Should I concentrate on trying to hunt people down?

I usually get kicked out of sessions I join (after having received an invite) and when I join sessions that are on locations I pass in the streets, no one seems to join. When I open the minimap, I see a great collection of icons that seem to refer to tons of stuff I can do but no easily understanding route is laid out.

I'm a bit lost and would need an explanation on how to start up. 

Regards,

Just do those missions with other people for money and try to get a group of friends to play with.

Just now, mathmeister said:

Just do those missions with other people for money and try to get a group of friends to play with.

What missions ?

Spoiler

If i recall correctly, join the missions on your phone, that are sent by gta characters (madrazo, lamar, lester etc.) You can also join other people. You can also do heists, the first one requires 2 players, and the rest of them require 4. Get your friends on board. If you don't like other people in freemode, you can go on a private or invite only session.

Just now, Pesukarhu said:

If i recall correctly, join the missions on your phone, that are sent by gta characters (madrazo, lamar, lester etc.) You can also join other people. You can also do heists, the first one requires 2 players, and the rest of them require 4. Get your friends on board. If you don't like other people in freemode, you can go on a private or invite only session.

So do missions to earn money to buy guns and a house ? What's the end game here ?

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Virgule said:

Theres not really an end-game to GTA Online, it just goes on and on till one day where you probably have purchased everything possible; such as all the cars, weapons, yachts and their respective modifications. I started out by just robbing shops. You can also do jobs which are sent to you on your phone but I find them quite boring. If you're lower leveled, hunting people down may be tough because they may have armored vehicles and better weapons than you. What I enjoy doing most in GTA online is just spending time in first person and cruising or parachuting. Trust me, GTA Online is way a better with friends unless you like doing jobs solo and relying on strangers for missions such as heists.

just look on the map for icons like a blue star and do those missions to get money 

1 minute ago, Kraze said:

Thanks for the explanation !

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Virgule said:

I think the main "goal" in gta online is to have fun with friends, and complete all heists. I think the cheapest heist-ready house is around 200k$. Online is boring without a crew, and frustrating if you only have 2 friends because no-one joins your heists. There are lots of missions. You can also make your own maps, play others maps, etc. Custom races are fun to play. Lots to do, but gets boring overtime. (you still get a LOT of playtime out of it :)) The missions unlock as you play them, and get more advanced. Usually it is take thing x from here and get to place y without dying. But they make it harder with different enemies, places, and other stuff before you get to thing x. (locked doors for example)

quick tip: do the flight school as soon as it pops up, gives you a good amount of money and xp and this way you don't get kicked out of sessions because of too low level

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Just now, 19_blackie_73 said:

quick tip: do the flight school as soon as it pops up, gives you a good amount of money and xp and this way you don't get kicked out of sessions because of too low level

So that may be why I get kicked so much. Thanks for the tip.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Virgule said:

So that may be why I get kicked so much. Thanks for the tip.

no problem :) 

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC