R9 290x Spotted

NohbdyKnows

FYI, that is the pre-order version with BF4 and Premium. So yeah. Take off around $100 for the real 290X-only price.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

FYI, that is the pre-order version with BF4 and Premium. So yeah. Take off around $100 for the real 290X-only price.

Noted, I'll make the addition to the post.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I thought Battlefield 4 was included for free?

144Hz goodness

... I completely doubt that. Especially since it's not just BF4 but Premium too. 

Otherwise I would've just expected them to add it in with Never Settle Forever, but they didn't. So no, I would not expect it to be for free.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

No, the BF4 bundle was noted to be "limited quantities" on one of the news sites. The core BF4 game is supposed to be a Never Settle title, but again that is without Premium or DLC. Like Vitalius said, this preorder includes the premium content which is an additional 80% of the game's value.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I need it now.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Will this thing ship with earplugs as well?  I like Radeon cards, they just tend to be a bit too loud trying to keep cool.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Ya know, I fail. A lot. 

I did not see "Battlefield 4 game included, limited offer" at all on that Newegg page. I fail so hard. I didn't realize that box art was from that same page. Again, fail. 

Edit:

I'm getting the XFX one if I can because it comes with a lifetime warranty. What are you guys' opinions on XFX as a brand? Just curious. :P

Friend of men OC'd hit XFX 6870 to outperform a 7850 but he then bought an XFX 7850 which he still uses that outperforms a 660 TI since it's running at 1350mhz compared to the 825 stock O.o ; he maxs out bf3 very smoothly on his 120Hz monitor :/ it's almost like he doesn't need an upgrade but he's thinking of picking up a 7970 since they're £230 right now

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Not buying until there are waterblocks. I was going to do that regardless, but still, do not want that ugly cooler anywhere near my computer.

Friend of men OC'd hit XFX 6870 to outperform a 7850 but he then bought an XFX 7850 which he still uses that outperforms a 660 TI since it's running at 1350mhz compared to the 825 stock O.o ; he maxs out bf3 very smoothly on his 120Hz monitor :/ it's almost like he doesn't need an upgrade but he's thinking of picking up a 7970 since they're £230 right now

I reiterate:

2174935-65c6f20c_dayum.jpg

Not buying until there are waterblocks. I was going to do that regardless, but still, do not want that ugly cooler anywhere near my computer.

I just don't personally see how people don't like this cooler.

It's unique (Who else has a volcano themed cooler?).

It's cool (What is cooler than lava and volcanoes? Trick punny question). 

It's performance is irrelevant since it's an air cooler. 

The thing lights up when turned on (the red lines do). Imagine that. It would look just like lava. I love it personally. I mean, is it the plastic? Does that make it look cheap? I never understood that either. I always thought it depended upon the quality of the plastic on whether it looked cheap or not. This plastic looks nice to me. 

† Christian Member †

Sadly i wont see price or specs... :(

attachicon.gifcrying-waterfalls.gif

$750, it's apparently in the html.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

$750, it's apparently in the html.

Man that is a lot. 

Everyone, don't buy one so they learn not to price them so high. If you do that we should see a big price drop by the holidays!

It will, just at a performance hit of around 5% (I am guessing, but it would seem to be a marginal amount at best).

I know that usually the difference in performance between a single card using PCIE 2.0 and a single card using PCIE 3.0 is only around 5% or so, but I assumed that the smaller bandwidth in 2.0 is what has prevented the ditching of Crossfire bridges previously, therefor I assumed that it wouldn't be possible with 2.0. Does anyone care to educate me on this?