CM Hyper 212 evo/x vs Cryorig H7

OsuMasterz

Ok, I went on amazon because I needed a new heat-sink for my CPU. I look around and the first thing I search is "Cooler Master Hyper 212 X". Nothing pops up about the CPU cooler so I search the evo version. I keep scrolling and I see this 4.9 star rated heatsink that is $35 and look better imo. The Cryorig H7, I look at benchmarks and it performs about the same and if not a little better sometimes (in OC tests). So i'm just wondering why people don't buy it, It seems sketchy when people don't buy a better heatsink for the value. Can someone tell me some of the problems people have with this?

Well the EVO is the older version of the 212 X (you can find em on newegg for 29.99 and 39.99) its a really trusted brand like Cooler master and an Iconic cooler, as far as i can see both perform very similar, but the Hyper 212 is smaller and has more heatpites + it has the backing of a long lastin brand, i dont think is an issue with the other cooler, but its a matter of brand name, honestly id go myself for the 212 just because it says cooler master and possibly most people do

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
                COOLING: ThermalTake Contac Silent 12
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

love all brands, will go for whats cheaper for my needs

8 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

Ok, I went on amazon because I needed a new heat-sink for my CPU. I look around and the first thing I search is "Cooler Master Hyper 212 X". Nothing pops up about the CPU cooler so I search the evo version. I keep scrolling and I see this 4.9 star rated heatsink that is $35 and look better imo. The Cryorig H7, I look at benchmarks and it performs about the same and if not a little better sometimes (in OC tests). So i'm just wondering why people don't buy it, It seems sketchy when people don't buy a better heatsink for the value. Can someone tell me some of the problems people have with this?

Cooler Master reputation and reliability. This is why people adore the 212 evo/x. I do have one myself

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

2 minutes ago, Mauricio G. B. said:

Well the EVO is the older version of the 212 X (you can find em on newegg for 29.99 and 39.99) its a really trusted brand like Cooler master and an Iconic cooler, as far as i can see both perform very similar, but the Hyper 212 is smaller and has more heatpites + it has the backing of a long lastin brand, i dont think is an issue with the other cooler, but its a matter of brand name, honestly id go myself for the 212 just because it says cooler master and possibly most people do

The CM hyper 212 evo has 4 heatpipes while the Cryorig has 6, and is physically smaller in size...

2 minutes ago, BbsMentos said:

Cooler Master reputation and reliability. This is why people adore the 212 evo/x. I do have one myself

Im asking, do you see any problems with the Cryorig, I know CM is a reliable company, I bought a $100 keyboard from them.

2 minutes ago, BbsMentos said:

ive used many b4, this one sits on a 8350 non oc, wich really low temps as in 30 idle and 48-50 max while being really quiet

17655_910898688975514_854622874311956337_n.jpg

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

The Cryorig H7 is probably the best cooler for the price, both in performance and aesthetic. I don't know about the 212X, but the Evo is a pretty old cooler and it used to be a great choice, but now there are better coolers than it. Another good choice is the be quiet! Pure Rock.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Cryorig is a reputable and brilliant brand in CPU cooling. They have fantastic coolers such as the H5 Ultimate and R1 Ultimate. The H7 in comparison to the CM is smaller, cools ever so slightly better (although the difference is negligible) and tends to be quieter while being more aesthetically pleasing.

As for why it's not that popular, probably because of the name branding and the constant recommendations the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO gets. The Cooler Master is also usually cheaper and Cryorig isn't one of those well known companies. But I assure you, Cryorig itself is a great company.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, OsuMasterz said:

Im asking, do you see any problems with the Cryorig, I know CM is a reliable company, I bought a $100 keyboard from them.

I don't think there is any problem with the cryorig, as @Mauricio G. B. said, the brand makes it "bettter" for people but they aren't much different

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

1 minute ago, BbsMentos said:

Ha, hehehe. Corsair reliability. 

brand reliability is garbage, only ever look at single items within a brand, and their reliability. 

the 212 isnt crowned for those things either. Its popular because its cheap, very widely available, and cools pretty damn well for the price. For 10$ more, theres stuff that cooler better, but at its price it pretty much cant be beat. Thats why its popular, not reliability. Its kind of hard actually to make an air cpu cooler have shite reliability anyway. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

The CM hyper 212 evo has 4 heatpipes while the Cryorig has 6, and is physically smaller in size...

the Cryorg has 3 heatpipes
Taken from Newegg Spec Sheet: " Hive Fin Design, 3 Full Copper Heatpipes, Zero RAM Interference, Silent PWM Fan, Noise Reduction Pads  "
as other told you, it is indeed a great cooler is just that cooler master has more backing both are great it just gets down to your choice

3 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

1 minute ago, Mauricio G. B. said:

the Cryorg has 3 heatpipes
Taken from Newegg Spec Sheet: " Hive Fin Design, 3 Full Copper Heatpipes, Zero RAM Interference, Silent PWM Fan, Noise Reduction Pads  "
as other told you, it is indeed a great cooler is just that cooler master has more backing both are great it just gets down to your choice

Im blind xD

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Ha, hehehe. Corsair reliability. 

brand reliability is garbage, only ever look at single items within a brand, and their reliability. 

the 212 isnt crowned for those things either. Its popular because its cheap, very widely available, and cools pretty damn well for the price. For 10$ more, theres stuff that cooler better, but at its price it pretty much cant be beat. Thats why its popular, not reliability. Its kind of hard actually to make an air cpu cooler have shite reliability anyway. 

I thought it was Cooler Master

Also, have you tried the cooler to say it has shit reliability?

Also it's only $5 more

it was probably an autocorrect typo, look, the "brand" doesnt make it better, is just that Cooler Master does have a really good reputation for Cheap Well performing Coolers

Things Aside, What are you OCing, in What case and to what extends, this things can factor into adding more bucks to get a better cooler, or just gettin an AIO or a diferent cooler to suit your case ._.

1 minute ago, OsuMasterz said:

I thought it was Cooler Master

Also, have you tried the cooler to say it has shit reliability?

Also it's only $5 more

sorry, on phone and tired as hell. Yes i meant CM. cant stand how much i get those two confused in name. 

And i never said its reliability is shit. What i said was people cannot make statements like "its ('x' company)  so its great quality and reliability!" 

the world doesnt work that way. Every company has shit products, simply stating brand is no base to claim quality. 

And then what i said was, its difficult to make poor RELIABILITY cpu air coolers. If they perform at a given point when you buy it, it'll pretty much perform the same until you throw it away. Air coolers have pretty much 0% chance to fail, and the only thing that can really cause failure is a fan dying, which is an easy fix, or user error (like trying to pull fins off or some shit) 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

The Hyper 212 has been around for almost 10 years and is probably the most popular aftermarket cooler. The H7 has been around for a year or so.

The Hyper 212 is much easier to find and is at least $5 cheaper due to H7's price wavering depending on the time location.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 minutes ago, Atmos said:

sorry, on phone and tired as hell. Yes i meant CM. cant stand how much i get those two confused in name. 

And i never said its reliability is shit. What i said was people cannot make statements like "its ('x' company)  so its great quality and reliability!" 

the world doesnt work that way. Every company has shit products, simply stating brand is no base to claim quality. 

And then what i said was, its difficult to make poor RELIABILITY cpu air coolers. If they perform at a given point when you buy it, it'll pretty much perform the same until you throw it away. Air coolers have pretty much 0% chance to fail, and the only thing that can really cause failure is a fan dying, which is an easy fix, or user error (like trying to pull fins off or some shit) 

Oh ok

I guess that's a valid point since the only moving part is the fan, and it's just stuck to the big piece of shaped metal

The 212 has Cooler Master branding and is more readily accessible worldwide than the H7. Otherwise, it's inferior. In my experience, the H7 performs marginally better (1-3C) but is much smaller, has a better fan, is quieter and looks better. There are a handful of coolers around the 212's price point that are at least on par, often superior, and as I result I would not but a 212 unless availability demanded that I do so. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.