Buy gpu in USA, bring it to Canada and Denmark?

Okey, so i live in Denmark, and i'm going to Canada by plane soon.

Then we are going to USA by car with my family. I was planning to buy a GPU in USA, and bring it to Canada by car, then fly back to Denmark with it in my luggage. Would it be taken away from me? 

I'm planning to spend around 200-300 usd on a gpu. 

Would this be possible? I don't know the rules in America. 

Thank you in advance. 

I live in Las Vegas and sell my used PC parts to people visiting from other countries all the time. My Nitro 390 is in the UK xD 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just leave it in you laptop bag. I dont think customs would care.

I need those 40 PCI-e express lanes.

American law won't block you. The EU import laws though may cause problems. 

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Yes, however your country may have some rules on duty taxes if you declare that you're bringing it and you say it's a $300 item.

So don't mention it :3

But wouldn't taking a gpu home from USA be like buying and expensive watch, and wearing it through customs or something? So if the package is opened, would i still have to pay taxes..?

I have no idea about how the rules are in Denmark tbh.. 
I know, that if you ship something in from a country not part of EU and its over like 14 usd, you have to pay tax and import tax. But i dunno if it still applies if you take it home yourself..? 

It'll be fine, bought a 3770k in China as it was only $150 back in 2014 (knew this supplier for like 2 years), sold it for like $350, while I got a 3570k for $100 as well which was in my z77 machine before the PCIe slots shit it selves :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

You can take a certain amount of merchandise over, but it depends on the country. For instance, for US citizens, they can take back $1000 worth of stuff before they have to start paying duty taxes on it (I think, I dunno, and I was just back from a trip). Otherwise $200.

Although I'm not sure what they can tax. For instance, I take $1000+ worth of equipment all the time... in the form of my electronics.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

It'll be fine, bought a 3770k in China as it was only $150 back in 2014 (knew this supplier for like 2 years), sold it for like $350, while I got a 3570k for $100 as well which was in my z77 machine before the PCIe slots shit it selves :/ 

But where did you take it back too? 

1 minute ago, SpyingAround said:

But where did you take it back too? 

UK :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

And if they do ask you about the GPU just say you brought it with you from Denmark and wanted to gift it to a friend who lives in USA/Canada but he refused since he had already bought one himself.

Just leave it in some bag you have and if they tax you NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT GIVE THEM THE BUYING BILL THING or when they see you paid $300 they will probs tax you like $150 to just get it thru so just say you dont have the paying bill and they will just probs tax $10-$20

My memories of a corpse,mind full of sick thoughts.

52 minutes ago, SpyingAround said:

Then we are going to USA by car with my family. I was planning to buy a GPU in USA, and bring it to Canada by car, then fly back to Denmark with it in my luggage. Would it be taken away from me? 

Thank you in advance. 

Just leave it in some bag you have and if they tax you NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT GIVE THEM THE BUYING BILL THING or when they see you paid $300 they will probs tax you like $150 to just get it thru so just say you dont have the paying bill and they will just probs tax $10-$20

My memories of a corpse,mind full of sick thoughts.

Also from Denmark here..... Everytime I've been returning to CPH airport.... The tax customs never seems to be there :/ Maybe I'm just lucky, dont know :D Try to get tickets for very very late arrival time or something :D Get me one too... :( 

20 minutes ago, Joey96 said:

Also from Denmark here..... Everytime I've been returning to CPH airport.... The tax customs never seems to be there :/ Maybe I'm just lucky, dont know :D Try to get tickets for very very late arrival time or something :D Get me one too... :( 

Well then.. 

I don't think i can bring back another gpu xD 

15 hours ago, SpyingAround said:

Thank you in advance. 

Well i bought gtx 970 from canada and brought it to Turkey. Just open the box before leaving and you wont have any issues i think. Thats what i did lol.

Yeah make sure it looks opened and used a little and try and test it dealing with RMA is a nightmare in separate countries and if if they say you will likely have an import allowance per person

Okey, i was planning to open it, so yea, i will for sure do that. I don't really care about RMA, if it's broken, it's broken, and i'll work a bit more, to save up for another gpu. Not that big a of a problem. I just don't want to have to pay taxs in Denmark, since it will be more than the items value in taxes..

I assume you're planning to get the card in the US because it's "cheaper", but you may want to check out exchange rates of US and CDN dollars vs Denmark's currency. You might find that, given exchange rates, it's just as cheap to buy it in Canada, which would save you the hassle of one border crossing/importation.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

8 hours ago, Quaker said:

I assume you're planning to get the card in the US because it's "cheaper", but you may want to check out exchange rates of US and CDN dollars vs Denmark's currency. You might find that, given exchange rates, it's just as cheap to buy it in Canada, which would save you the hassle of one border crossing/importation.

I don't have to pay exchange rates. If i take an example of a nice little gtx 1080, you'll understand better too. 

The gtx 1080 in Denmark is 913 USD. On newegg it's 700. Thats a total of 213 USD in delta. 

It's pretty worth to buy it in USA, and bring it back for use in DK. 

A gtx 1070 is 608 USD in Denmark ( 4000 DKK ), and in USA it's around 420 ( no puns intended ) USD: Thats a delta of 188 USD. Thats like a PSU and a good looking case saved. 

Ok, but what are the prices in Canada? :)

You can get a GTX-1080 (Gigabyte G1) for $880 CDN - that's 687 USD. But that all depends upon certain models, of course. All I'm suggesting is that you could buy the card in Canada and save yourself the hassle of going through U.S./Canada customs.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

On 21/6/2016 at 3:45 PM, Quaker said:

You can get a GTX-1080 (Gigabyte G1) for $880 CDN - that's 687 USD. But that all depends upon certain models, of course. All I'm suggesting is that you could buy the card in Canada and save yourself the hassle of going through U.S./Canada customs.

Where do you recommend me to buy it in Canada? And pls no small shops with bad reputation and small ammount of customers. Thanks. 

On 21/6/2016 at 3:45 PM, Quaker said:

Maybe a shop that possibly will be selling the rx 480 when it drops?