Bikers run over by range rover in NYC intentionally

UPDATE: The biker that initially started the conflict (Christopher Cruz) has been arrested by NYC police and is being charged for reckless endangerment, reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child, and menacing. The bikers themselves claim they did not intend on being aggressive and were just trying to figure out what happened.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/biker-at-start-of-terrifying-range-rover-attack-arreste-1433776499

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

TIL that boxing in an SUV, driving recklessly, and damaging private property (the SUV) is "trying to figure out what happened". <_<

I side with the bikers.

The full story I havnt a clue, but just from the footage seen, my vote is with bikers.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Kinda looked like harassment on the bikers part getting so damn close to an SUV..not exactly a smart idea. Not excusing the Range Rover driver for being so wreckless, but I'd be a bit tense if I was suddenly surrounded by bikers inches away by my vehicle.

If you saw the video the 1st guy on the bike brake checked the guy in the RR then everyone stopped. Then all the bickers "looked pissed" and got off their bikes to confront the guy on the RR. The guy in the RR didn't want harm to come to his kids and with that many people god know what would have happened. So he did the best thing and that was get out of there. With a crowed that big cops can't do shit.  As you can see in the video the bikers over reacted and the guy in the RR was only trying to protect him self. 

**UPDATED** a few biker were injured so I dont 100% support the guy in the RR but there was not much else he could do. Anything in that large of a group cant be good. It only takes one bad egg and it all goes to shit. I feel sorry for anyone who got injured that wasn't part of this. Even tho they all are really a part of it. 

I side with the bikers.

The full story I havnt a clue<<<<<<<<<<

my vote is with bikers.

Houston, we have a problem.

As a motorcyclist myself I am usually of the standpoint "You should never put them at risk because when a bike crashes into a car, there's only ever one result".

But looking at that if I had had 50ish bikers surrounding me like that (especially in America) I can tell you I'd have definitely felt threatened, especially as I couldn't know if they were armed, as they were acting with a very aggressive gang mentality. Were it a one on one it would be different, but if he was genuinely under any threat or intimidation (especially if he had anyone else like his family in the car) then his actions may well be interpreted as force majeure.

Without a better camera angle or a full account of what preceded this I cannot say 100% how I feel about this. But I can say, as a motorcyclist, that I would never be so stupid as to put myself in the position they put themselves in. "Riding defensively" means you should NEVER put yourself at risk, and you should be ready in case others do put you at risk. They did neither. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

I'm pretty sure this would count as self defense if he feared for his life.

Absolutely. It comes from the legal precedent of "quod est necessarium est licitum" (That which is necessary is lawful). If he felt as though he was being threatened or intimidated, and the only option he has was to put his foot down (which it clearly was), then he cannot be blamed.

It is a shame that people like this give "bikers" in America such a bad reputation. In the UK, it is normal bicyclists that have this bad reputation, which is (often) very well earned. Motorcyclists in the UK are (from my experience) treated extremely well, because there isn't that sort of hardcore culture surrounding it.

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

If you had 100 bikers surrounding your car, slashing your tires and deliberately hitting your car WHILE you have your family with you, you'd step on the gas too.

I have no sympathy towards any of the bikers, they started the mess by acting foolish on the road and got what was coming to them in the end.

This:

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Sounds like a bait and switch tactic to where the bikers benefit financially while beating up an innocent person.

This:

Pfffft..I haven't seen that in ages.

@Mooshi Well, somehow reminded me of it lawl.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Probably shouldn't keep bringing this up, but the story just got another update. The source of the Range Rover vs. Bikers video (Michelinman900) had 7 other videos uploaded to YouTube displaying negligent road behaviour, all allegedly occurring prior to the incident with the RR, but were promptly taken down. Someone was smart and archived copies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qk2LeimVOG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Eq9tqBARvAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_ILv-98DFhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N_K3fHxfX1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8P0Q0JEBnwE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qr6Y6UuNTDA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ehmKvegmkCA

Source: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

that video has been cut and has got the full story , by the looks something happened before and some of the bikers where wearing leather's  - I dont blame the landrover driver the bike rider's where of malicious intent

especially at the ending

through out that whole video the range rover was vulnerable - the bikes kept on attacking

Its all about those volumetric clouds

post-6374-0-41596000-1380675117.jpg

post-6374-0-87545700-1380675132.jpg

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Too bad they can't throw all of them in jail for a decent timeout :P

Then the handicapped guy who filmed it and posted them on YouTube, guess he doesn't think if they go to court that they can use that against them to say they were reckless the whole freaking day.

Moral of the story, people are a-holes all around. :wacko:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Too bad they can't throw all of them in jail for a decent timeout :P

Then the handicapped guy who filmed it and posted them on YouTube, guess he doesn't think if they go to court that they can use that against them to say they were reckless the whole freaking day.

Moral of the story, people are a-holes all around. :wacko:

well he did come wind of it and took other videos down - there in that liveleak link

I recognize that attempting to run over the bikers is a morally wrong decision.

...I also recognize that I am not that good of person.

I'd run their asses over.

well he did come wind of it and took other videos down - there in that liveleak link

Once its on YouTube there is no taking down, only blocking viewership, just need to ask Google for the video if needed.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Once its on YouTube there is no taking down, only blocking viewership, just need to ask Google for the video if needed.

even so you can watch the other videos on this link

http://www.liveleak....=3cd_1380579664

I come from a family surrounded by 2 wheeled motor sport.

My dad is a motor-cross journalist / photographer and president of a motor-club.

my uncles all drive motors and one has done it professional.

but don't expect any sympathy for those bikers from me, these kind of idiots only give a good sport a bad name.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

violence is never the solution should have let them be

ok so i watched that the guy in the bike slowed down and "touched" or hit the car which caused them all to stop i guess

but did he do that because the car hit him 1st?