Bikers run over by range rover in NYC intentionally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOyDMzn2bY

This is a new video from New york. It seems like a group of motorcyclists are out riding and are surrounding a range rover. Something happens to make them all stop and then rage seems to take control of the driver as he tries to run them over. I'm on the side of the bikers. While they probably did do something stupid and cutting him off and such, that doesn't justify trying to run them all over and potentially killing several of them. What do you guys think?

Those bikers deserve whatever they had coming for them, they completed surrounded him and purposefully tried to piss him off

While we can't make a full opinion as we don't know the full story, trying to run them over possibly resulting in death isn't an appropriate response to some of them pissing him off

I can understand them being assholes but running them over? What a fucking asshole.

I dont mean to judge the OP but if youre on the side of the bikers there is something wrong with you.

One biker c**t brake checks him and the driver doesnt have enough time to slow down so he rear ends him, the whole biker squad stops and goes up to the van.
If you had your family in the car and were surrounded by bikers, i dont know about you but i would have done the same.

All of this happened because of the idiot who thought it would be cool it brake right in front of him, you say you are with him, i'd like to see you and your family be in that car and see how you would react.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

While we can't make a full opinion as we don't know the full story, trying to run them over possibly resulting in death isn't an appropriate response to some of them pissing him off

How ever. It was like 50 bikers trying to stop some jeep. You'd have done the same.

I personally would have done the same + call the cops and later sue their sorry asses.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I dont mean to judge the OP but if youre on the side of the bikers there is something wrong with you.

One biker c**t brake checks him and the driver doesnt have enough time to slow down so he rear ends him, the whole biker squad stops and goes up to the van.

If you had your family in the car and were surrounded by bikers, i dont know about you but i would have done the same.

All of this happened because of the idiot who thought it would be cool it brake right in front of him, you say you are with him, i'd like to see you and your family be in that car and see how you would react.

Well I suppose I can't imagine that as I don't have kids of my own to protect. I am not denying in any way that they weren't doing anything wrong. but its not all of the bikers doing something bad, and maybe one of the ones that he ran over didn't do anything personally against the driver. Running over people isn't a way to handle a situation. Opinion understood though.

How ever. It was like 50 bikers trying to stop some jeep. You'd have done the same.

I personally would have done the same + call the cops and later sue their sorry asses.

Don't think it would really turn out all that well in your favor. The bikers hadn't started beating him up and it would most likely be the range rover driver that would be charged as well as the two who attacked him afterwards. And if he did kill any of them. Murder is worse than being mean on a highway and hitting him.

person in the suv was probably scared for their life when 50 motorcycle stop them in the middle of the road.

I7-4770K @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Z87-Deluxe | PNY GTX 780TI | 24GB of Ram |

2-120GB SSD's Raid 0|  2-WD 1TB Drives Raid 1 | Thermaltake sp-850m |

Corsair Air 540 | corsair H100i

Well I suppose I can't imagine that as I don't have kids of my own to protect. I am not denying in any way that they weren't doing anything wrong. but its not all of the bikers doing something bad, and maybe one of the ones that he ran over didn't do anything personally against the driver. Running over people isn't a way to handle a situation. Opinion understood though.

Yeah the bikers that he hit hadnt done anything, but from some reports that i read no one was hurt but if youre feeling threatened you arent going to sit there and say, well i cant move, i dont want to hurt the people who are on purpose blocking me here.

Im guessing if his wife/kid wasnt in the car he wouldnt have slammed on the gas, but then again if the biker on the first place didnt have the brilliant idea to brake check, none of that would have happened.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

The bikers most likely isn't completely innocent. But it surely doesn't justify running over 2 people. Both parties are in the wrong.

And unless their intention with stopping him, wasnt to hurt him or his family. Then I can't see how it could have gone better.

Don't think it would really turn out all that well in your favor. The bikers hadn't started beating him up and it would most likely be the range rover driver that would be charged as well as the two who attacked him afterwards. And if he did kill any of them. Murder is worse than being mean on a highway and hitting him.

Well it's 'murica after all. Decent lawyer and you good. [From what I read in the comments, no idea if it's true, it was a biker club, gang, what ever of african americans / latinos, out breaking an asian dude with his wife and kids.] In 'murica, he probably could have shot half of them and would walk =P

@ Edit: This was "manslaughter" not "murder".

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Wow I feel NYC is getting more unsafe, but the places I go to are full of my kind so I don't think much will happen

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Can I be on neither side? The bikers were the original assholes, but the driver of the Range Rover didn't handle the situation very well.

Can't really watch the video atm but from what I read the bikers started trolling, don't be surprised if you get retribution when intentionally annoying somebody.

I don't blame him for getting scared when he's being harassed. If my wife and child's life might be at stake, I wouldn't hesitate to run over the entire biker gang to get them to safety. 

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

during the incident at the beginning i couldn't see what was happening

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pack-motorcyclists-chase-man-suv-attack-upper-manhattan-street-fender-bender-west-side-highway-article-1.1471585

but its explained here in detail

the bikers were overly furious

look if it were those Harley Davidson bikers i would shit my pants

but this was an over reaction on his part he should have stayed calm

instead of making things worse on both sides

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

In fairness I would be a little freaked out if I got swarmed by Power Rangers... they can morph at any time you know.

Joking aside I hope the bikers are alright :) but they were kind of being eejits looking for trouble...

What the hell were they doing to the car in the first place? They gathered around it and one guy stopped in front of him. Bloody bike clubs.

hello

According to reports, the bikers were doing this to other cars on the highways that day and were behaving in an unacceptable manner. Jalopnik has an updated article running: http://jalopnik.com/watch-nyc-bikers-attack-range-rover-after-driver-runs-o-1427168165

I'll just leave these here:

UPDATE: Reader 505Turbeaux claims to have been on the road with this group of bikers and reports that they were riding like squids before the video began.P

UPDATE TWO: The New York Times published an article on the incident and they revealed three new pieces of information.P

I saw these guys yesterday, the bikers, and what a pack of assholes they were. Splitting lanes on the highway at speed (70mph between 2 cars), cutting people off. They had me boxed in so I couldn't get out of an exit only lane so they could get off. Not saying they deserve to be hit, but they had it coming.

I had my blinker on and was handsignalling I needed to get out of the exit only lane. everyone kept passing on the left to cut me off in front of the exit, 4-5 of them flipped me off. I tried rolling slow but they had no inkling of how to ride well. I ride myself, and this was just heinous.P

• The first motorcycle rider hit by the Range Rover got a broken leg (this is the only motorcycle injury the police have information on).P
  • The Range Rover driver has been released from the hospital with lacerations to his face and other bruises.P
  • The Range Rover driver was not charged by the police.P

UPDATE THREE: The New York Post now reports that the driver was 33-year-old Alexian Lien, who did call 911 on the riders at 1:30 yesterday. 

UPDATE FOUR: Instagram user redyredbx posted these two images onto Instagram of the final scene of the incident. You can see police with the smashed Range Rover (bottom) and you can see Lien, bloody, on the ground (right).

b72ac50229ca11e3af571231390ef217_7.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I try not to be judgmental, but seriously, those bikers who assaulted the RR driver ought to be locked up. I can't blame the driver for being scared crapless, when a bunch of bikers surround you and you have your family with you, animal instinct takes over. On a side note, NYC should ban such gathering of bikers, or bike clubs, or ban such annual events. When you have a big group of bikers on the road, there's a kind of mob mentality that takes over and they seem to think they own the road. Did you read the excerpt of the driver who could not turn due to the bikers intentionally blocking his path? Intentionally hard braking in front of a moving vehicle is a recipe for trouble, I don't blame the RR driver at all. He wasn't out to create trouble, and acted out of fear....those bikers, well, they were the ones looking for trouble.....that particular bike club should be banned, and all other such clubs should be warned by the police that such behavior would not be tolerated.

Please don't think that I condone the actions of the RR driver, I don't, but if I were in the same situation, I can't say with absolute certainty that I'd have acted differently....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

So let me get this right: he bumps a biker accidentally (probably from them doing squid maneuvers around his vehicle) and the rest of them decide to box him in. Seeing that it's a bunch of testosterone-filled idiots, he probably feared for his life and decided to hightail it out of there, running over a biker in the process.

Is this correct? If so, then the bikers are in the wrong. I'm pretty sure this would count as self defense if he feared for his life.

if the biker doesn't know that bikes slow down much faster than a car, he shouldn't be allowed to drive

but seriously wtf was he thinking brake-checking him anyways