My first build

Go to solution Solved by Herman Mcpootis,
8 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

Do I really need the RX 480? It seems like a bit much for my needs

it'll last much longer than the current gtx 960/380/380x, with the performance of a gtx 980/r9 fury. definitely worth the wait. you can use the iGPU in your i5 until then, it's still enough for games at mid-low settings.

5 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

even with two storages? Will one have to be inserted first/ given priority somehow?

What wattage should I try and stick to?

you can insert them at any order, just remember to store your OS in the ssd.

a good 500-550w psu will do just fine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

If you absolutely want a cd-reader (i'm considering getting one, just in case the need ever arises) you shouldn't buy ones that are above 30$. They're a rip off

I can be a bit of an imbecile, where can I find one for under 30$ with blu-ray?

1 minute ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

with blu-ray? you probably cant get one under 30

7 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

Hmm the blu-ray part will throw it off, I commented before actually reading, let me look

Shipping sucks

9 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

sorry man :P you're all good I spoke too soon

Shipping sucks

2 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

Okay, new setup 

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/coffeeandnovacaine/saved/x33V3C

Anything wrong with this?

the b700 is okay for lower-end builds, but you can do better. corsair's CX650M or antec's HCG-620M will be better for a few bucks more after rebates.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

you will want to upgrade the ram to 16gb later but 8 is probably fine for now. and you have thought of the os right?

I might as well get the 16gb now, I haven't got a clue what I'll do yet for an OS...

(by that I mean I haven't decided, I know how to install one)

4 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

I might as well get the 16gb now, I haven't got a clue what I'll do yet for an OS...

a windows license is around 80-100 dollars there are websites where you can get one for like 20 dollars like g2a but you have to be a little careful with them and use a payment method that you can charge back the money if the key you get doesnt work

10 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

get your windows OS key from reddit for $20-30.

5 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

Alright round 3

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/coffeeandnovacaine/saved/LGVrxr

What else did I mess up?

this one's fine, go ahead.

8 minutes ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

Do I really need the RX 480? It seems like a bit much for my needs

it'll last much longer than the current gtx 960/380/380x, with the performance of a gtx 980/r9 fury. definitely worth the wait. you can use the iGPU in your i5 until then, it's still enough for games at mid-low settings.

1 hour ago, coffeandnovacaine said:

Of course! I'm so sorry

budget: I'm trying for under 700$ but if we have to get close to 800 that's okay

Uses: Other than gaming, school work, light video editing, and maybe light music editing

Monitor needed

No old pc

Alright no problem! ^_^

The build alone is ~$750. For now, I'm recommending a 21.5 inch monitor, but if you want bigger ones, pick a FreeSync one. Or from here: http://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#A=2&sort=a8&page=1

If you can wait till June 29th, you can pick one of AMD's next generation Graphics cards, which are both faster and cheaper than current offerings. But if you cannot, stick with the one on this build.

Here's the build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($45.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($31.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($318.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2257-MHD 21.5" 60Hz Monitor  ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $847.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-18 00:30 EDT-0400

Edited by Shahnewaz

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

10 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Alright no problem! ^_^

The build alone is ~$750. For now, I'm recommending a 21.5 inch monitor, but if you want bigger ones, pick a FreeSync one. Or from here: http://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#A=2&sort=a8&page=1

If you can wait till June 29th, you can pick one of AMD's next generation Graphics cards, which are both faster and cheaper than current offerings. But if you cannot, stick with the one on this build.

Here's the build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($45.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($31.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($318.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2257-MHD 21.5" 60Hz Monitor  ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $847.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-18 00:30 EDT-0400

he already made a build, and its good enough.

2 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

he already made a build, and its good enough.

This is my recommendation. I don't settle for "good enough", especially when it comes to utilization and value for money. ;)

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.