Instead of "Submit Reply" button, it says "Saving" and won't let me post my post

so, this is quite a frustrating issue. and i think this seems to happen in much larger threads, like the car thread. whenever i am a couple pages from the latest page of the thread, i just scroll through each page, without replying, then on the latest page, i make a reply. then when somebody has made a reply, i click the dialog to show the post (but that sometimes disappears, like if i see it more than once on the same page, it ends up disappearing without giving me a chance to click it, very irritating), and then if necessary, i reply to it, but when i try to post the post, instead of seeing the "submit post" button, it says "saving" as if it was still trying to submit the damn post from before, and my cursor changes to an ? and won't let me post, and so it requires me to reload the page, losing everything i typed (yeah no, it doesn't save my shit like it should), and this is BEYOND irritating. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

11 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so, this is quite a frustrating issue. and i think this seems to happen in much larger threads, like the car thread. whenever i am a couple pages from the latest page of the thread, i just scroll through each page, without replying, then on the latest page, i make a reply. then when somebody has made a reply, i click the dialog to show the post (but that sometimes disappears, like if i see it more than once on the same page, it ends up disappearing without giving me a chance to click it, very irritating), and then if necessary, i reply to it, but when i try to post the post, instead of seeing the "submit post" button, it says "saving" as if it was still trying to submit the damn post from before, and my cursor changes to an ? and won't let me post, and so it requires me to reload the page, losing everything i typed (yeah no, it doesn't save my shit like it should), and this is BEYOND irritating. 

I've had this happen before. Generally, what I do is the following:

1. SELECT AND COPY YOUR ENTIRE POST!

2. Refresh the page

3. Paste my post back into the reply box and "Submit Reply" again - works every time.

Obviously that's super annoying though. I'm running Firefox 47.0 btw. What browser are you using? It might be relevant.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Are you on mobile by any chance, Because I had the same problem

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

2. Refresh the page

3. Paste my post back into the reply box and "Submit Reply" again - works every time.

Obviously that's super annoying though. I'm running Firefox 47.0 btw. What browser are you using? It might be relevant.

yeah, i do that, but sometimes i forget and reload without copying. and it seriously gets on my nerves.

i am running chrome 51.0 stable.

4 minutes ago, iBeast_M0de said:

Are you on mobile by any chance, Because I had the same problem

no. full site.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I've had this happen a few times, it's really annoying. Also using Chrome.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I believe that is this issue:

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be fixed in the next update, at least unless I start doing some modifications to the installer files myself (which I would have to do every time anything is changed, and therefore ends up being quite a lot of work).

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will be fixed in the next update, at least unless I start doing some modifications to the installer files myself (which I would have to do every time anything is changed, and therefore ends up being quite a lot of work).

Just to confirm for myself (Not sure if @terrytek is the same), this can happen to me without trying to edit a previous post. This has happened while creating a new post. Though it's still pretty rare.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Just to confirm for myself (Not sure if @terrytek is the same), this can happen to me without trying to edit a previous post. This has happened while creating a new post. Though it's still pretty rare.

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

yes, it's just creating a new post, not editing a previous one where i get the bug.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Is this in all threads, or just really long threads like the car thread, anime club and other threads like that?

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is this in all threads, or just really long threads like the car thread, anime club and other threads like that?

i normally see it happen more on long threads, because i think short threads are too short for this to happen, since this happens after i look through multiple pages of the thread.

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

For me it's happened mostly in smaller threads - a few pages at most. I actually avoid the super long threads (Car thread, etc) because it's a nightmare to keep up with the thread and actually read all the replies :P

Are you able to able to reproduce it regularly, or only randomly?

If it happens fairly frequently (or you can reproduce), can you press F12, then just use the site until it happens, then send me a screenshot of the console tab and the network tab (expand it as far as you can, then scroll to the bottom and screenshot that). If it only happens occasionally, press F12 next time it happens, and switch to the console tab. In theory, stuff will have been logged there, so screenshot that and post it here.

I'm guessing this issue is similar to the one linked above, but that one should only affect editing.

Does it only happen when you have used the pagination, or has it happened without?

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Are you able to able to reproduce it regularly, or only randomly?

If it happens fairly frequently (or you can reproduce), can you press F12, then just use the site until it happens, then send me a screenshot of the console tab and the network tab (expand it as far as you can, then scroll to the bottom and screenshot that). If it only happens occasionally, press F12 next time it happens, and switch to the console tab. In theory, stuff will have been logged there, so screenshot that and post it here.

I'm guessing this issue is similar to the one linked above, but that one should only affect editing.

Does it only happen when you have used the pagination, or has it happened without?

i don't encounter it that regularly, but when i do, it's annoying. i usually leave the forum for a day, then come back, browse the pages i missed, and post, then wait for reply, try to post again, but its saying saving.

21 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i don't encounter it that regularly, but when i do, it's annoying. i usually leave the forum for a day, then come back, browse the pages i missed, and post, then wait for reply, try to post again, but its saying saving.

When did it last happen to you? Presumably in the car thread based on your original post, but which of your posts were you trying to submit (or did you give up afterwards)?

Also, do you happen to remember whether the uploader loaded correctly?

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

When did it last happen to you? Presumably in the car thread based on your original post, but which of your posts were you trying to submit (or did you give up afterwards)?

it did happen in the car thread, though i forgot what post :/ 

and yes, the loader loaded correctly.

19 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

2. Refresh the page

It happens for me too.

I'm on Chrome 51.0.2704.103 m

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

17 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It happens in the LGBT thread too. But I'm fairly sure it's not exclusive to Off Topic threads.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

@colonel_mortis

Just an FYI, I just had this happen to me in the iPhone 7 losing headphone jack thread:

1.png

2.png

I wasn't expecting it to happen, so I quickly through open the Inspector and Console, but since the action had already happened, I don't know if it caught anything relevant for you.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with the latest updates, and standard Firefox 47.0, minimal plugins (Ad-block, which is disabled for LTT)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

@colonel_mortis

Just an FYI, I just had this happen to me in the iPhone 7 losing headphone jack thread:

1.png

I wasn't expecting it to happen, so I quickly through open the Inspector and Console, but since the action had already happened, I don't know if it caught anything relevant for you.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with the latest updates, and standard Firefox 47.0, minimal plugins (Ad-block, which is disabled for LTT)

Great, that has the info that I need, though I'm not entirely sure why it's happening. I can't look into it properly right now, but I will do at some point in the next few days.

Is there any correlation you can find to do with it happening on threads that you follow/don't follow/have changed whether you follow recently/something like that?

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Great, that has the info that I need, though I'm not entirely sure why it's happening. I can't look into it properly right now, but I will do at some point in the next few days.

Is there any correlation you can find to do with it happening on threads that you follow/don't follow/have changed whether you follow recently/something like that?

Can't say that I recognize any pattern. Most are threads that I've already posted in, so I'm generally already following it (since I have auto-follow turned on for when I post in a thread).

16 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

@colonel_mortis

1.png

I've been able to reproduce the issue that causes the error that is logged to the console there (this.scope is null), and it does break the submit button, but the post does submit correctly. If you are able to get the console open before submitting the post, and screenshotting the console and the network tab, that should hopefully help me to figure out whether it's some weird variant of this bug, or whether it is a different bug all together.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I've been able to reproduce the issue that causes the error that is logged to the console there (this.scope is null), and it does break the submit button, but the post does submit correctly. If you are able to get the console open before submitting the post, and screenshotting the console and the network tab, that should hopefully help me to figure out whether it's some weird variant of this bug, or whether it is a different bug all together.

I'll keep an eye out. I'll post a screenshot if I'm able to grab a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been able to capture this issue yet?

HTTP/2 203

The bug causing the part that I was able to reproduce will be fixed in the next update (usually between one and two months). Once that comes out, can you let me know whether that has fixed it.

HTTP/2 203

• 1 month later...

The bug that I was able to locate has been fixed now, so can you let me know whether it's now working?

HTTP/2 203