Call of Duty Will Also Support AMD's Mantle API.

It was confirmed via twitter a few days ago through Wade Brainerd, Activision's principal technical games director that Activision titles will also support Mantle.
Support for AMD's new low level API seems to be ramping up, especially from triple A game studios & large publishers.
source

Wtf is Mantle :S

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I do wish Mantle was open source........

You might aswell wish PhysX was also. Mantle is AMD's counterattack on Nvidias exclusive PhysX.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

AMD's replacement for DX and OpenGL. Apparently they're really inefficient. Linus explained in the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/linustech/b/465515599?t=2300s

Reason why people are all excited about it.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

How do you have 2.5k posts, live right smack in the middle of the USA (more or less), and haven't heard of Monster Hunter or Mantle? I don't mean to troll, I'm actually wondering.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Mantle is AMD's new low level API, games with Mantle support do not use DX11, instead they use very optimized ISA for Graphics Core Next 'GCN' based GPUs, so the 7000 series & up.

Advantages of Mantle are massively better graphics performance, significantly less CPU overhead & significantly better multi-core support up to 8 CPU cores.

You might aswell wish PhysX was also. Mantle is AMD's counterattack on Nvidias exclusive PhysX.

They are not very comparable, PhysX is only a proprietary physics engine, Mantle is a complete graphics API.

They are not very comparable, PhysX is only a proprietary physics engine, Mantle is a complete graphics API.

I didnt meant it in that way. Mantly is AMD exclusive feature like PhysX is on Nvidia side and not they are alike. Its good to see AMD to come up with something...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

So CoD is going to have PhysX (Nvidia) and Mantle (AMD) wow, surprised that was allowed from contracts. Both getting something nice from it.

But don't forget Nvidia has NVAPI it isn't quite as amazing as Mantle but it does allow more programming and tweaks to be made for Nvidia cards. So they will both have something from Battlefield 4 which is including both Mantle and NVAPI. Time will tell just how large of a leap Mantle makes or if it was all marketing talk.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

well mantle is exclusive to the gpu architecture because it s a low level api. if it wasn t exclusive, it would be as bad on overhead as dx.

basically any game made for consoles should support mantle as it s pretty much the api running on both of the amd consoles.

physx could work on any gpu tho, it s just nvidia doesn t want to.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Cod isn't very hard to run so I don't really see any benefit of having mantle. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

YES. I want Mantle on everything. Now. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Cod isn't very hard to run so I don't really see any benefit of having mantle. 

It's not whether it benefits or not. It will allow a much easier ecosystem for porting from consoles to pc and pc to console. And better yet, the ability to do what DirectX cannot do.. Run on Linux.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

It was confirmed via twitter a few days ago through Wade Brainerd, Activision's principal technical games director that Activision titles will also support Mantle.

Support for AMD's new low level API seems to be ramping up, especially from triple A game studios & large publishers.

source

of course they're going to use mantle. if they don't, how will they use the new consoles?

of course they're going to use mantle. if they don't, how will they use the new consoles?

The new consoles use DirectX11 (XB1) and OpenGL (PS4) same as the previous consoles.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

It's not whether it benefits or not. It will allow a much easier ecosystem for porting from consoles to pc and pc to console. And better yet, the ability to do what DirectX cannot do.. Run on Linux.

Games will be ported from PC to console know though in most cases. Ubisoft's Dog (the name has escaped me) game thing is ported from PC to console.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The new consoles use DirectX11 (XB1) and OpenGL (PS4) same as the previous consoles.

is it confirmed that neither will us mantle?

is it confirmed that neither will us mantle?

Well that's what was said a long time ago and figured with the XB1 but so much new's changing every week so take this with a grain of salt.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7371/understanding-amds-mantle-a-lowlevel-graphics-api-for-gcn

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/17660/article/amd-announces-mantle-api-compatible-with-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Apparently Anandtech is speculating that mantle the low level api being used in the XB1. So i'm quite confused as to what is actually being used. Maybe Mantle for supported games and DirectX for non supported games. So than you might notice a game that is supported with Mantle possibly but who's to say.

Well that's what was said a long time ago and figured with the XB1 but so much new's changing every week so take this with a grain of salt.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7371/understanding-amds-mantle-a-lowlevel-graphics-api-for-gcn

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/17660/article/amd-announces-mantle-api-compatible-with-ps4-and-xbox-one/

Apparently Anandtech is speculating that mantle the low level api being used in the XB1. So i'm quite confused as to what is actually being used. Maybe Mantle for supported games and DirectX for non supported games. So than you might notice a game that is supported with Mantle possibly but who's to say.

yeah, but mantle with cloud server computing would be interesting in the coming years. super great graphics and playability without having to constantly update your rig.

YES. I want Mantle on everything. Now. 

Mantle chess titans or im causing a riot.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I believe that AMD GPUs are capable of running physx technically in hardware, they are artificially excluded for competitive reasons.

I believe that AMD GPUs are capable of running physx technically in hardware, they are artificially excluded for competitive reasons.

So much rubbish, rumour and unconfirmed facts in this thread.

Please continue.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

So much rubbish, rumour and unconfirmed facts in this thread.

Please continue.

Don't call fake without linking to what is fake. If anything anyone has written is unconfirmed or a rumor and is posted as being true please say somethings so we can learn someone might have bad information it's all still brand new.

Some of this is rumor but in technology when it's this close to being release it is 90% of the time always true.