Zombie mods The Dark Carnival.. Roll up, roll up !.

ALXAndy

Yeah it's a lovely board :) Quite big though, but then even as big as it is it's no match for the case :D

It looks like I've thrown a sausage down the London Underground :D

Pics to come soon :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Little bit more done. First for the standoffs.

standoffsin.jpg

Then the IO shield...

iofitted.jpg

And then the board. Apologies for the crap photos. It's raining hard here in Blighty today and it's dark because of it..

boardfitted.jpg

And the best I could do in poor light conditions without flash.

boardinfornow.jpg

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Looks very nice  :)

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

Thanks dude I appreciate that ! yeah I'm really starting to fall for it myself. I was worried I would miss my Alienware but having this interior to work with has been a dream. Making things look nice in here is sooo easy :)

So today I was really busy with the build... And fitted... Wait for it... One cable :D 

Mind you it was a pretty expensive bloody cable (£6) but I'm now broke for a week or so :) I'm glad I did it though, because of two reasons. The first reason is that the board has a molex socket in a really silly place. I wouldn't bother with it but I've seen power supplies damaged when running multiple GPUs (they draw too much power through the 24 pin and cause blue pins that lose their conductivity). It's in a god awful place though.

molexsocket.jpg

So running a cable up the board in plain sight was never going to be easy. So I decided that instead of trying to hide it I would accentuate it by using a bright red paracorded cable :D I decided on Bitfenix Alchemy as I know they are lovely quality. I would have loved to use them throughout but I'm broke.

cable.jpg

Really long. 45cm as opposed to my 30cm cheapo Gelids.

cableout.jpg

And in she goes.

cabledone.jpg

And that's about it for today. I'm going to do a little each day I think :)

Next up will be sorting out the rat's nest that's now sitting in the hard drive area :D I've ordered loads of cable ties so I would imagine they'll be here either tomorrow or Monday.

Great news :D After hearing of my plight (a bad cable that took out lots of hardware) Craig at Gibson Computers in Castleford West Yorkshire fired me a PM offering to help get my rig back up and running. After many exchanges we decided that a power supply would be the best thing to have. You can find Gibson Computers here -

http://www.gibsoncomputersdirect.co.uk/index.php/en/

gibsonshop.jpg

If you're ever in the area be sure to stop in and ask for Craig. They can help you with any needs with computing :)

So the power supply arrived this morning. It's one of Corsairs gorgeous new models, the RM750 (or Real Modular).

pusboxed.jpg

It's a fully, 100% modular model meaning you only need to connect what you need. They're also very reasonably priced IMO.

innerbox.jpg

Time to peek inside :D

boxopen-1.jpg

The business end.

psuout.jpg

And where the cables plug in.

psuconnectors.jpg

And the cables.

cables.jpg

More to come soon :)

Hehe, now that's what I call a mutually beneficial agreement. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Cheers for the plug Andy :D As an add on, if anyone wants to buy anything from Gibson Computers (nudge nudge wink wink lol) just fire me a PM and I can see what I can do price wise. (Sorry Andy if this is a bit much)

Thanks again Craig !. So last night was a bit weird really. I got loads done (pics to come later) but some strange events occurred during the night.

It seems a blackbird came down the chimney so I was met with that as soon as I woke up. It had shite all over my Alienware lmao.

DSC07418.jpg

That would be my luck... Any way, the beast is alive ! it's all firing up OK so pics to come :D

*takes his seat in the 5ghz club*

YEAAAAAH !

http://valid.canardpc.com/7iu4ds

Not bad for an 8320 lmao. Must have put a 9xxx CPU in the box by mistake :D

lol-1.jpg

It seems a blackbird came down the chimney so I was met with that as soon as I woke up. It had shite all over my Alienware lmao.

Well that's... something, I guess? :lol:

*takes his seat in the 5ghz club*

YEAAAAAH !

http://valid.canardpc.com/7iu4ds

Not bad for an 8320 lmao. Must have put a 9xxx CPU in the box by mistake :D

<speedy>

Well, well, it looks like we have ourselves a clocker. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Yeah this chip is insane. Got it through 3dmark (13) @ 4.85 ghz.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1340792?

Amazing chip.

looking awesome man! also subbed!

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

looking awesome man! also subbed!

Thanks ! I didn't take loads of pics during the build because we've had hardly any daylight. I did get a few of the PSU going in though.

back.jpg

I spent a while tidying up the base cables before the PSU went in.

insidereadyforpsu.jpg

Then PSU in.

psuinback.jpg

And inside :)

psuininside.jpg

The PC is fully built now (pretty much) and is on the bench being tested. The CPU I got is just epic for an 8320. I have the 23rd spot in the entire world on HWBOT :o

It's rock solid  stable at 4.7ghz in everything I've tested it with so far :)

More pics to come soon.

That's pretty neat alright, love how you used the same font on the "alien" picture at the beginning of your thread as your profile picture.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

On the red fans take off the white plus sign sticker. It'll look way better

Then PSU in.

And inside :)

psuininside.jpg

Nice job making the impossible to hide cable a part of the decorations

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Thanks ! yeah that molex is in a real sod of a place lol. I still want to fit the AUX 4 pin CPU so I don't get any stability issues.

On the red fans take off the white plus sign sticker. It'll look way better

Yeah I might do that :) it's an X btw it just looks like a first aid badge :D

Thanks ! yeah that molex is in a real sod of a place lol. I still want to fit the AUX 4 pin CPU so I don't get any stability issues.

That molex is more than likely there to deliver more power to the PCIe lanes for the GPUs so the 24 pin doesn't get burned out. They're usually placed where it is now or at the bottom of the board

That molex is more than likely there to deliver more power to the PCIe lanes for the GPUs so the 24 pin doesn't get burned out. They're usually placed where it is now or at the bottom of the board

There's an extra 4 pin CPU connector too. I've not wired it up yet :)

Yeah I know what you mean about the Molex :) that's why I fitted it as I've seen boards turn the ATX 24 pin blue by drawing too much current through it :)

Still trying to get decent pics. The weather has been pretty gloomy but I'm beginning to realise the room is dark any way.

Been playing. Looking like I really did get a reboxed Centurion CPU.

52ghz.jpg

And my 24/7 stable OC.

485stable.jpg

Final rig pics to come soon. Sorry for the delay I've just been hellabusy.

Final rig pics to come soon. Sorry for the delay I've just been hellabusy.

Soon?.... but... i don't want to wait... :(

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Camera is dead and I'm beginning to realise this room just won't cut it for pics.

Camera is dead and I'm beginning to realise this room just won't cut it for pics.

Oh I know that game, at least the second part... :lol:

Teaser shot :) The sun has gone down just enough to send me some light :D

DSC07436.jpg

I'll get more soon, scout's honour :)

Just been having so much fun with this CPU. It's totally evil tbh. Which is weird, because I usually lose the lottery every bloody time. I've got a 670 that craps out 15mhz above stock speed lmao.