Zombie mods The Dark Carnival.. Roll up, roll up !.

ALXAndy

none of the photos work...

edit: the ones on the first page didnt

One of my Photobucket accounts is wiped out until next month. The most recent ones should work as they are on a separate account :)

Sorry about that. I may even look into subbing with them as cheaply as I can. That or buy a cheap G5 mac and host my own server (I'm on fibre optic).

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

OK so I have some renders now of the fan mount that will be the ferris wheel.

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheel4.jpg

Note - the fan mount will be bent 45' so it is aimed directly at the GPU. It should resemble something like this though.

inplace2.jpg

I'm not sure how you tilt things in Sketchup yet but took it into Photoshop to show how it will look when it's complete.

inplace1-1.jpg

So as you can see it feeds the air from the bottom intake right into the path of the GPU :)

Thanks to Scooby for his 140mm fan !

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

The mod train moves on. Today my Dinoc arrived (the small order) so it was enough to set me on my way. First up I needed a zombie decal for the 5.25 bay cover. So I stroked the image in Photoshop, printed it out and stuck it to the back side of some black Dinoc.

zombie2.jpg

Insert lots of scissor action and a very steady hand, and we have -

zombiecut.jpg

Time to cover the panel - NB - I've covered it in scrap peach coloured dinoc as the plexi is black. This way the red is red as it should be and not maroon.

covering.jpg

1 - 2 - skip a few.

covered.jpg

And,

done.jpg

Again apols for the cruddy photos, the light is playing peek a boo here in Blighty today !

on.jpg

And then *knock knock* the postie arrived with a mysterious package from China....

packet.jpg

What's inside? these.

segs.jpg

I have to probe them to figure them out but I'm quite confident I can get them running.

I also ordered one of these.

cutter.jpg

A tonne of plexi and some of this.

coils.jpg

It's not over.. It's never really truly over...

give+cookie.jpg

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

Oh, electronics! jumpy.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Looks great! 

Wondering how the number displays will work! Am looking for something similar aswell!

Cooler master HAF XB // First build!

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350  | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz | GPU: SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290 4GB OC | Case: Cooler master XB | PSU: Corsair RM750 | 

HDD: 3.5 TB | SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB | OS: Windows 8.1

Oh, electronics! jumpy.gif

Nothing beats the smell of new electronics ! I spent some time earlier buzzing them with a 3v line but the psu keeps cutting out :( I think it might need a load on it. This is my work bench psu btw....

I'm sure I'll have another go soon. I want them to display my clock speeds.

Mixed news.

The fan came and is way too big to fit as a ferris wheel :( I decided to straight fit it to the front intake..

pcapart.jpg

It looks good IMO

fan.jpg

And a video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrYCFUhONds

So today the postman really came through, though the anti kink coil is fucking pink FFS :(

DSC08258.jpg

And the psu box is well on its way :)

box1.jpg

I've changed the plans now, there will be no 120mm fan in it. Instead it's going to be closed off and the GPU cooling will happen elsewhere.

Right now I have glue setting, so not much else to report. Once the main stays are set I need to glue supports in place to stop them folding off..

box2.jpg

Looks awesome! Nice idea and handy work!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Looking good!

Where do the number displays go?

And sorry if i missed it, but what/where/how did you do the mobo fans?

Cooler master HAF XB // First build!

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350  | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz | GPU: SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290 4GB OC | Case: Cooler master XB | PSU: Corsair RM750 | 

HDD: 3.5 TB | SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60GB | OS: Windows 8.1

How much did that fan above the VRM's help ?

Nothing to see here - move along.

It's critical if you want 5ghz or beyond. At 1.47v or higher they get red hot.

Perfect. I have a sabertooth on it's way to replave my ud3 and will have to sort some more more cooling for thise VRM's.

Perfect. I have a sabertooth on it's way to replave my ud3 and will have to sort some more more cooling for thise VRM's.

Hurrah !

This was disappointing. It seems in order to save money AMD have stopped issuing the lovely tin boxes for their 8 core CPUs and have reduced it to cardboard :(

Thankfully I still have my tin box from the first 8320 I had.

Time for a bit of ROG action....

It's been years since I owned a high end motherboard. My last truly high end board was an EVGA 680i. Opening up the front cover teases you with a shot of the board itself, safely nestled under a plastic cover.

Goodies time ! now I'll admit I've never used the SATA cables that come boxed with a board before. However this time around I think I will. Asus have done a great job of making the bundle feel as special as it should IMO.

Time for a look at the board. I'll admit, I sat and stared at it for about five minutes, slowly moving my eyes around it. There's just so much to take in. Sadly it seems that due to the layout I will have to hack run SLI to run X16 X4 due to my Revodrive, but that's OK because I've already done a dry run on SLI like that and you lose next to nothing.

And then it was time to put it all away and wait on more parts and cables. I'm not in a rush to do this so it will take a while :)

i have that board! when i get my new case, psu and h100i (28th) i will do a build log migrating all my stuff will be quite similar to my build! however i'm going xfire r9 290's this year and since this mobo you can put a gap inbetween the gpu's should be sweet! you should definitely keep an eye out. hehe nice build though man! love the lights around that board. mmm

• 1 month later...

More epic than i expected

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

More epic than i expected

It all happens at the end. Just remember that for any builds you see me do ! :D

It all happens at the end. Just remember that for any builds you see me do ! :D

I will wait until the end!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Just love the design of the floating fans. Looks stunning!!!

• 4 months later...

Necro bump ! So recently I bought myself a new CPU and board. The CPU is an 8 core Ivybridge 16 thread Xeon prototype. It's locked to 2ghz, but tbh? it puts up a good show of itself.

One CPU.

DSC09570.jpg

One board..

DSC09580.jpg

Fitted.

DSC09587.jpg

And...

cpuidXeon.jpg

I nickname this CPU cucumber.

CORETEMPS.jpg

It's as cool as the proverbial...

And my custom made back plates. All carbon... Also note I've removed the silly first aid stickers from the fans.

DSC09589.jpg

I really do love this rig. It's had sweat blood and tears...

Necro bump ! So recently I bought myself a new CPU and board. The CPU is an 8 core Ivybridge 16 thread Xeon prototype. It's locked to 2ghz, but tbh? it puts up a good show of itself.

One CPU.

DSC09570.jpg

One board..

DSC09580.jpg

Fitted.

DSC09587.jpg

And...

cpuidXeon.jpg

I nickname this CPU cucumber.

CORETEMPS.jpg

It's as cool as the proverbial...

And my custom made back plates. All carbon... Also note I've removed the silly first aid stickers from the fans.

DSC09589.jpg

I really do love this rig. It's had sweat blood and tears...

Nice! :D

Off-topic: Because I was absent for so long I only saw your post in

HELIOS a while after it was posted, and I didn't want to respond and

make everybody think there had been an update. Anyway, it's on hold

until I've sorted out my health issues. That's also why I'm not around

much at the moment and won't be in the foreseeable future. Just thought

I'd use the opportunity to answer your question about that. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic