Will fit a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO into my Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 Case?

Hello colleagues,

I have placed an order for a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO air cooling system, and also a Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid Tower Gaming Case, both items bought from Amazon US.. I'm a little worried if the 212 EVO won't fit into my case using an ASUS Z170-A Motherboard within the case mentioned above. I haven't seen any article about if it fits. The bad thing is that I already placed the order and I live far away from US in order to return the item or placing another order from Amazon U.S.

Anyway, my questions are:
Do you know if this will work? If it won't, which options do I have? Can I mod the case or the cooling system?
I don't want to spend more that I did right now.

Thanks in advance partners,
Regards.

You case states a 150mm max CPU cooler height, the 212 evo is 159mm tall. Accounting for the motherboard or not, I don't think its going to fit. You can't really mod the heatsink. Although drastic you could cut a hole in your case and have the cooler stick out. Other than that your options are pretty much none.

The case does have a window that goes outward a little, I don't know if their max CPU height accounts for this, if it doesn't, the 212 evo might just fit.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

1 minute ago, suchamoneypit said:

You case states a 150mm max CPU cooler height, the 212 evo is 159mm tall. Accounting for the motherboard or not, I don't think its going to fit. You can't really mod the heatsink. Although drastic you could cut a hole in your case and have the cooler stick out. Other than that your options are limited.

Oh god, those are really bad news :(.

Well... now being aware of that... which cooling system can I buy? I have an i7-6700K Socket 1151?

I would like Air and water cooling recommendations.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, mld.oscar said:

Well... now being aware of that... which cooling system can I buy? I have an i7-6700K Socket 1151?

Thanks.

usually a T4 is a good alternative to the 212 when height is a problem, but even that is 152mm. Something like an H80i (AIO liquid) would be a really nice cooler to put on a 6700k, although much more expensive than a 212 evo. And you would need a spot to mount the radiator, in your case (pun intended) the rear fan could be removed; the h80i installed exhausting out the back.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

8 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

usually a T4 is a good alternative to the 212 when height is a problem, but even that is 152mm. Something like an H80i (AIO liquid) would be a really nice cooler to put on a 6700k, although much more expensive than a 212 evo. And you would need a spot to mount the radiator, in your case (pun intended) the rear fan could be removed the h80i installed exhausting out the back.

I see... Just for the record, cant you help me to tell me if this can be done? The video owner said that he had to mod his spec-01 case...

13 minutes ago, mld.oscar said:

Thanks.

Cryorig H7 is the only air cooler worth considering given your height limitations IMO.

If you're open to water, then a Kraken X61 would be about the best option available. Go for 240mm or 280mm radiators. 120mm rads are for systems too small for a bigger radiator or a good air cooler, and should generally be avoided as CPU cooling options.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

14 minutes ago, mld.oscar said:

I see... Just for the record, cant you help me to tell me if this can be done? The video owner said that he had to mod his spec-01 case...

I dont know what im seeing in that video other than the fact he took off his side panel, showed it fit, and then put it back on after wiping off some dust. You would have to see what he modded to make it fit. All said in the comments was he modded the back of the case, no details. Its an unlisted video, so I assume he has a forum post somewhere.

Definitely looking for another cooler solution like you guys are recommending me. Thanks for the support and quick response.

Regards