rx480 best gpu under $200 ?

00Titan00

they say rx480 would be launched on 29th of june,  few days back i started a topic in which i wanted advice for gpu under $200 usd , many said wait for polaris ,now my question to you is , should i wait more until nvidia launches their new pascal based gpu in this range? what do you think ,have any better suggestion then plz reply 
thank you

Does June 29th still stand as the release date? I heard some people saying it was fake. 

3 minutes ago, Teemo4Life said:

What's Polaris....soz if a dumb question 

it's amd's response to Nvidia's Pascal architecture Basically the new wave of graphics cards

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

When it comes to GPU's is still a waiting game to see how things pan out when Polaris is released and benchmarks that can actually be trusted come out, when we get to see the different prices, features and all that good stuff. So hold your horse mate and wait.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

I assume that $200 price tag is before board partners get their hands on the cards, so expect actual prices to be closer to $300. Even at that price it's a hell of a card if the benchmarks are to be believed

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

6 minutes ago, 00Titan00 said:

they say rx480 would be launched on 29th of june,  few days back i started a topic in which i wanted advice for gpu under $200 usd , many said wait for polaris ,now my question to you is , should i wait more until nvidia launches their new pascal based gpu in this range? what do you think ,have any better suggestion then plz reply 
thank you

Personally i would wait until all of the hype and marketing based performance numbers have calmed down, you often see that marketing is cherry picked to make every product look better than it actually is. Wait until some people have done some realistic benchmarks showing the amd offering vs the nvidia offering

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Just now, elago said:

Does June 29th still stand as the release date? I heard some people saying it was fake. 

i don't know but anandtech says this

6 minutes ago, Jack Longman said:

it's amd's response to Nvidia's Pascal architecture Basically the new wave of graphics cards

only to mid to low end, Vega is high end.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 minutes ago, Jack Longman said:

Personally i would wait until all of the hype and marketing based performance numbers have calmed down, you often see that marketing is cherry picked to make every product look better than it actually is. Wait until some people have done some realistic benchmarks showing the amd offering vs the nvidia offering

like the 1080 hype?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

like the 1080 hype?

yeah, every product is shown at it's best no matter what it is, i always wait until it's all settled down and gaming benchmarks have been done to see how they actually perform. AMD or Nvidia, i'm not biased to either

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Still a waiting game till we see the 1060 and actual numbers on this card.. not to mention what reductions in price will be on current offerings.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Just now, Dackzy said:

only to mid to low end, Vega is high end.

vega , amd would be releasing two gpu architecture ?

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

like the 1080 hype?

There are actual numbers from reviewers and owners.. so the hype is real.

Gotta wait for independent tests.

1 minute ago, 00Titan00 said:

yep one for low to mid end where the 480x or what it is called is the max and the high end where the 490 is the lowest.

1 minute ago, 00Titan00 said:

Different chips have different names... eg 970 and 980 are GM104, 980ti & TitanX are GM100

Imo, the 1070 will not change in price, it is still a tier above what the rumours and press talks of what the RX 480 will perform at. 
All that there is left to find out is if Nvidia has a 1060 ready within a month and what they are going to price it as.

1 minute ago, Dzzope said:

There are actual numbers from reviewers and owners.. so the hype is real.

Gotta wait for independent tests.

it has not impressed me in a single way I think that I have been over a lot of the problems with them so many times now.

5 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it has not impressed me in a single way I think that I have been over a lot of the problems with them so many times now.

Problem is price.. thats the only one I see. It's 4k at 60fp capable(average, yes some games crush but more don't), high fps 1440, vr capable and lots of fast ram.

Which were all the realms of SLI / CF when they worked. And this is the high end not top cards on Pascal.

Hope AMD are good.. they need to get competitive.. But I'm waiting on numbers and think the 1080 is sweet, if a little costly. Think $500 - $550 would be better price. Then $650 for the ti and titan whatever.

23 minutes ago, 00Titan00 said:

they say rx480 would be launched on 29th of june,  few days back i started a topic in which i wanted advice for gpu under $200 usd , many said wait for polaris ,now my question to you is , should i wait more until nvidia launches their new pascal based gpu in this range? what do you think ,have any better suggestion then plz reply 
thank you

i doubt the 1060 is going to match the RX 480

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

It would have, to would it not?  The 1070 is up near the 980Ti, the 1060 would have to be closing in on the 980.

Right now it looks like it, but it's not out yet.

27 minutes ago, Teemo4Life said:

What's Polaris....soz if a dumb question 

It's their new generation of GPU's.

It's like the Pascal of AMD GPU's.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Dzzope said:

Problem is price.. thats the only one I see. It's 4k at 60fp capable(average, yes some games crush but more don't), high fps 1440, vr capable and lots of fast ram.

Which were all the realms of SLI / CF when they worked. And this is the high end not top cards on Pascal.

Hope AMD are good.. they need to get competitive.. But I'm waiting on numbers and think the 1080 is sweet, if a little costly. Think $500 - $550 would be better price. Then $650 for the ti and titan whatever.

that is not the only problem . Bad dx12 support, lied about tdp, power delivery and the price they cost about 6000kr (900$) in Denmark and the 480 if it follows the 380 price they will cost about 1500-1800kr (about 250$)

4 minutes ago, Prysin said:

yeah Nvidia suck at making lower end cards when we compare them to AMD.