GTX 1080 STUPID PRICE

razor007

yeah, in India, prices are higher than usual. Wait till September, this card is gonna be cheaper in the retail shops! amazon.in prices will not drop at all!

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

7 minutes ago, razor007 said:

HELLO EVERYONE....I WAS GOING TO UPGRADE MY 970 TO 1080 BUT LOOKING AT THIS PRICE IT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE....

http://www.amazon.in/DirectCU-VR-Ready-Architecture-PCI-Express-Graphics/dp/B01G92E9ZY?tag=googinhydr18418-21

USA :-60K

INDIA:-74K

WHAT SHOULD I DO??

WAIT FOR 1070??

Normally the US prices don't include Taxes and shit.

And honestly, 1070 is enough for most people.

Wait a few months as it will drop in price as demand dies down as most people will probably go and get one now,

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

The 1080 is 900 euro's in Holland. that is 1001 USD. it is crazy expensive. 

ok boss...
Does any company offer a worldwide warranty?I am looking to buy an evga 1080 from usa and i was wondering if evga offers global warranty.

If yes what is the procedure for RMA from India in case the products has defects?but there is no evga office in inda..!!

shit man...not in mood to buy 1070 with gdd5 gddr5x is good ...i've seen benchmark...not beating titanx not even 980ti

26 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

yeah, in India, prices are higher than usual. Wait till September, this card is gonna be cheaper in the retail shops! amazon.in prices will not drop at all!

The card is available for $619 US Dollars which is ₹ 41,000, adding taxes over it, I was hoping it would be around ₹ 55,000 but paying extra 19k is too retarded

are u frm india....??

13 minutes ago, razor007 said:

ok boss...
Does any company offer a worldwide warranty?I am looking to buy an evga 1080 from usa and i was wondering if evga offers global warranty.

If yes what is the procedure for RMA from India in case the products has defects?but there is no evga office in inda..!!

shit man...not in mood to buy 1070 with gdd5 gddr5x is good ...i've seen benchmark...not beating titanx not even 980ti

I would just wait a while until demand will slow down a bit. Out of curiosity, what kind of a monitor are you using? Asking since the 1070 is still a great card for 1440p, both the 1070 and the 1080 doesn't excel at the lower resolutions of 1920x1080. At least not when compared to the 900-series from Nvidia. There is a performance gain, yes. But not as big as it is for the higher resolutions.

Hey  dude calm down it is priced sky High as most of the ones they currently have are more or less "pre orders" and "first buy"  i contacted asus gigabyte and Nvidia and they told me the reason fot prices is slim supply and a TON of demand and the Bigger shipments are going to be here by 1st ir 2nd week of june if you want to calm your nerves i could give you contact info (india officials) 

The prices will drop once AMD give Nvidia some competition. So next time you're feeling the urge to pick on a AMD fan, thank them instead ;) 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

42 minutes ago, App4that said:

The prices will drop once AMD give Nvidia some competition. So next time you're feeling the urge to pick on a AMD fan, thank them instead ;) 

You think Polaris price will drop after Pascal will release?

Would be nice, but I don't think that will happen.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

4 hours ago, Simon771 said:

You think Polaris price will drop after Pascal will release?

Would be nice, but I don't think that will happen.

The 1070 can't compete against a card with the same performance at least 70us cheaper. The 390 proves that. Once Polaris 10 launches the price of both the 1070 and 1080 will be adjusted. The 1080 more than the 1070.

6 hours ago, App4that said:

The 1070 can't compete against a card with the same performance at least 70us cheaper. The 390 proves that. Once Polaris 10 launches the price of both the 1070 and 1080 will be adjusted. The 1080 more than the 1070.

Dude the prices won't be adjusted to an extent similar to that is us because Amd/ATI doesn't have such a presence / brand  value in India if you don't believe me just ask anyone about graphics and they ask about Nvidia or in processors its all about Intel 

1 minute ago, Scitesh said:

Dude the prices won't be adjusted to an extent similar to that is us because Amd/ATI doesn't have such a presence / brand  value in India if you don't believe me just ask anyone about graphics and they ask about Nvidia or in processors its all about Intel 

Mute point, Polaris doesn't compete.

22 hours ago, JPotze said:

I have ordered mine for €820 in the Netherlands

FFS What is this. Am I buying 90 of them or what?fuckas.png

1 hour ago, FilipSebik said:

FFS What is this. Am I buying 90 of them or what?fuckas.png

Note it is 1 to 3 weeks as the first shipments are arriving by second week of  june also plz dont buy now it should be 54000 not 75000

On 31-5-2016 at 9:21 AM, JPotze said:

Ehm... https://azerty.nl/producten/zoek?GROEP_ID=6867&p_tab=8&v_uitgebreid=off&PAGINA=1&SORTERING=prijs_asc&presentatie=miniatuur-lijst

Dutch people sure like to exaggeratexD

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

GTX 1080 is overpriced everywhere outside of USA.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

On 31/05/2016 at 9:07 AM, razor007 said:

HELLO EVERYONE....I WAS GOING TO UPGRADE MY 970 TO 1080 BUT LOOKING AT THIS PRICE IT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE....

http://www.amazon.in/DirectCU-VR-Ready-Architecture-PCI-Express-Graphics/dp/B01G92E9ZY?tag=googinhydr18418-21

USA :-60K

INDIA:-74K

WHAT SHOULD I DO??

WAIT FOR 1070??

go for the AMD RX 480X? whenever that launches

I saw a Founders Edition listed on the US Amazon for the MSRP today, I couldn't believe it. :P 

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

F the 1080 for right now.

Let's talk about the 480X and 1070. 2 Cards actually worth talking about.

The 1070 is roughly actually the 970 x 2...and that is literal.  You get around 2x the performance vs the 970 especially in 1440p.

I would only get the 1070 or 480X if I had a new 144hz monitor. I don't.

Always buy PC Components from a local store if you're from India. Online retailers overprice them due to lack of stocks and medium demand. The 74k price isn't the right price. Its about 64k at local stores here in my city. But still, at that price point its not worth it since India doesn't even have Rift or Vive yet and the high-end monitors are overpriced too. Blame the government for the high prices. Since most of the components aren't manufactured locally, they impose a tax of 5k to 7k on them (excluding shipping and custom fees in some cases). If you want a graphic card, get a decent mid-range card. Getting a high end card is a loss. Why? Because the second-hand market in India is pretty small, you'll have a lot of trouble selling it for the right price in the future. Building a budget gaming PC itself will cost 60k here which is a lot compared to the US and this includes low-end PSU's, Motherboards etc. Also, most of the companies don't have service centres here, which means if your product dies and you want to claim warranty, you'll have to ship it to Taiwan or Germany or some other country based on the company. It sucks to be a PC Gamer here. (Also the bad internet connections, bleh!)

Anyways, if you're still set on getting a good graphic card, these are the brands to go for : 

AMD : Sapphire, MSI

Nvidia : Zotac , MSI

Other brands either have no service centres here or have piss-poor service.