Watch Dogs runs at 30fps on Xbox One, PS4

Youbetternot

Well, I guess this is just like gta V

bisoft's open-world action game Watch Dogs will run at 30 frames-per-second on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, the game's creative director Jonathan Morin told Videogamer today.

"Right now the frame-rate we're focusing on [is] a steady 30[FPS]," Morin said. "There's always a balance, especially for open-world, between the simulation and the rest."

"I think for where we are, the most important thing is the steadiness and [ensuring] that it's always capped the same so when you play it it feels right," he added.

Although he did confirm the frame rate, Morin said he is not sure if the game's native resolution on Xbox One and PS4 is 720p or 1080p.

Watch Dogs launches for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC onNovember 19. The Xbox One and PS4 versions will be released as launch titles for those platforms.

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Mmm, chunky.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Not surprised, the new consoles are showing how weak they actually are....

I was expecting all games to be at 60fps at 1080p or 720p (depending on the game, and ofc with no AA any everything turned down to low/medium settings) on consoles.

Guess its even worse than I thought they would be months ago.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

missed a U in Ubisoft there. and what can i say? consoles already at their limits before launch?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Although he did confirm the frame rate, Morin said he is not sure if the game's native resolution on Xbox One and PS4 is 720p or 1080p.

If it was 1080p I think he would be telling everyone.

720p at 30FPS, that would be even more of a joke.

THE signature

I think 30fps (while not ideal) would be ok for this kind of game.

Hope it's native 1080p though.

Why would anyone want the next-gen consoles if they perform this badly. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Those comments....

People need to understand that fps is not dependent on how good the hardware is. You can take the worlds best pc and make it run a game at 1fps. 

It depends on how optimized and how many features the game will have activated at once. 

Uh....the top tier GPUs say otherwise....I also wouldn't know how (or why) to make my PC run at game at 1FPS unless I actively forced it to run like shit with a dodgy FPS limiter. Come on, now.

This generation has been a complete failure. Anyone agree?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I wouldn't be surprised if it runs at native 1080p because why would it be 30 FPS AT 720p? They aren't that weak.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Most of the people who are buying these are currently playing on ps3 and xbox 360. This is a monumental upgrade for them.

And they don't care as much as us about getting 60fps at 1080p.

Because a lot of console gamers don't even understand the concept of hardware limitations.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

You gotta remember, in general, if you are a console gamer you don't care too much about or are used to lower frame rates anyway. Your main concern for the next gen consoles is prettier graphics.

It's no surprise at all. Next gen games are going to run at roughly the same frame rates and resolutions as last gen games (looking better in the process, obviously). Last gen games were 'next gen' once too. The same cycle just continues.

I was so looking forward to consoles for so long.. they're such a huge let down.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the people who are buying these are currently playing on ps3 and xbox 360. This is a monumental upgrade for them.

And they don't care as much as us about getting 60fps at 1080p.

Monumental I don't think so. They might have been lead to believe it is but there isn't that great of a difference between the last-gen and the next-gen. Games still play at 30fps and at lower resolution then 1080x1920 is unacceptable. Some PC gamers are moving away from 60 fps or are moving away from 1080x1920 resolutions, I am buying a 2560x1440 monitor soon and I will be able to play these games at 60fps easily so. COnsoles are about 5 years behind PC even though they aren't even out yet.  

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Because a lot of console gamers don't even understand the concept of hardware limitations.

Thats because they are ignorant. They do not understand anything about hardware. If they did then they would build a computer for gaming.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

People that never has seeing how it looks a High Performance PC... a friend of mine thinks that console are hardcore machines...

Monumental I don't think so. They might have been lead to believe it is but there isn't that great of a difference between the last-gen and the next-gen. Games still play at 30fps and at lower resolution then 1080x1920 is unacceptable. Some PC gamers are moving away from 60 fps or are moving away from 1080x1920 resolutions, I am buying a 2560x1440 monitor soon and I will be able to play these games at 60fps easily so. COnsoles are about 5 years behind PC even though they aren't even out yet.  

I beg to differ.   The thing to remember is titles that were launched near by the console release never look good on the current generation console hardware.  You need to remember that the developers really don't get their hands on a console until closer to launch, so the bulk of the graphical work needs to be done already.  This is a problem, as the only benefit that consoles receive is the hardware optimization which can't be done if they are using a computer implementation of the system.

The consoles are potentially bringing things to PC's that really don't fully exist yet though.  From my understanding both the One and PS4 will contain GPU acceleration....while the PC has this, the lack of standardization has hurt imo.  Things such as Physx can only be implemented to boost the graphics in games, instead of more intractable objects (mainly due to the fact that you isolate a lot of your consumer base otherwise).  So Physx and to an extent OpenGL will not come into play in terms of better physics (or more objects).

Finally, look at the steam hardware survery (http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey).%C2'>

Not that I am saying that consoles are powerful systems, but in my opinion there is no right answer in saying what is holding back PC gaming.  There are components that console gaming might help bring to PC (GPU acceleration, or rather the standardization of it so)...while without the consoles would the PC gaming market be as big as it is (would the developers pump in tons of money to make a game where most people would not be able to play, or would they water it down to capture the majority market)

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

A game like that, would probably reach 60 fps on the next gen, it's the fact that it won't always be steady!

You would have 60+ dropping down to 52 to 43 to 35 and so on. 

That's why they're limiting it, so to an average user it looks smooth because the framerate isn't all over the place. Also because it gives them more leeway because if they went for 60fps steady then they would be compromising all over the shop and end up with a rubbish game.

Basically at the moment everyone is going to play it safe until they can squeeze more out of it.

A reason why its better to go for a PC rather than a console. I think they kept it at 30fps so that in intense scenes the game won't drop its fps. But I wished they didn't cap it.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

People that never has seeing how it looks a High Performance PC... a friend of mine thinks that console are hardcore machines...

That is the definition of being naive. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)