Steve Ballmer's final company meeting as CEO was an emotional one

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/26/4774746/steve-ballmer-microsoft-company-meeting-final-speech

Microsoft's Steve Ballmer bid farewell to employees today at his final company meeting as CEO. After announcing his intentions to retire within the next 12 months, Ballmer's speech today was clearly an emotional moment for him personally. According to sources familiar with the meeting, Ballmer told employees "we will deliver the next big thing... we will change the world again." During his hour-long speech, Ballmer discussed the Nokia deal and him passing over the CEO role to a new leader.

At one point during the meeting, Ballmer chose to play the song he used back at his first company meeting in 1983: Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'". He then proceeded to jump and dance around the stage screaming at the top of his voice "the sound of Microsoft!" After the song ended, an emotional Ballmer paused to "enjoy this for a minute," with tears visibly streaming down his face. "You work for the greatest company in the world, soak it in."

Ballmer also thanked the thousands of Microsoft employees who had queued to see his final speech. "I want to say thank you…this isn't about any one person. It's about a company that's important, that's forward thinking, that's innovative." Ballmer ended his emotional speech with Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes' "I've had The Time of My Life" playing in the background before he screamed "I've had the time of my life" and continued to dance and run around the stage. Microsoft employees in the audience shook hands with Ballmer and screamed "we love you" as they cheered and clapped throughout his final speech.

I would have loved to be there to see him screaming, jumping, and dancing around. Sure he wasn't the best CEO, but I think we can all agree that he was definitely passionate and energetic about Microsoft.

y7Sl6L0.gif

COMIC SANS

The man Sweat with Passion though lol

ku-xlarge.gif

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

ballmer-developers-o.gif

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Does this mean Microsoft products will get better or -

frabz-Butbut-but-but-skylar-need-good-ro

but seriously when will I get my newsreported badge :(

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

ballmer-developers-o.gif

Bahahaha its been so long since i've watched that lol

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

My personal favorite hahaha

may be off topic but, there are rumors about the Ford CEO taking over MS. Now why would a auto company CEO become a Software (and hardware) company CEO? this make absolutely no sense.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

ballmer-developers-o.gif

Actually...it looks more like Balmer is advertising the Slap Chop.

The man Sweat with Passion though lol

ku-xlarge.gif

SteveDevelopers.gif

God these GIF's will never get old.

Imma miss you ballmer, we will never see thy man sweat in public again.

may be off topic but, there are rumors about the Ford CEO taking over MS. Now why would a auto company CEO become a Software (and hardware) company CEO? this make absolutely no sense.

This certainly wouldn't be the first time we saw something like this happen.

ie, John Scully (former PepsiCo CEO) becoming CEO of Apple from 1983-1993.

COMIC SANS

I don't think he was a bad CEO, Bill Gates kind of pathed the way for MS and Ballmer made some mistakes but also some pretty damn good decisions but he still made MS what it is today

Goodbye Steve Ballmer aka... Psycho.. I wish I could have gotten your Nanosuit back to ya 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

:'(

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

This certainly wouldn't be the first time we saw something like this happen.

ie, John Scully (former PepsiCo CEO) becoming CEO of Apple from 1983-1993.

was thinking the same thing

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

thank God that buffoon is out.  I just hope we get someone with dignity with true leadership quality and vision.    

thank God that buffoon is out.  I just hope we get someone with dignity with true leadership quality and vision.    

Wouldn't mind Paul Alan or Bill Gates back as head.

The legendary people who founded this large company.

Still remember back when he did the Windows 1.0 ad

He was in Microsoft all they way when they released the first windows OS

finally this "CEO noob" is leaving "microshit" I just hope the new CEO have a head over his shoulders with a brain in it cuz "microshit" needs to become microsoft again!  

PLEASE bring us something good, descent products, decent business strategies become a real competitor to apple and google....

PLEASE!!!!

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

Imagine if Gabe Newell became the new CEO.