How to properly calibrate a monitor without a tool ?

IhazHedont

Hey guys,

I recently got myself an Acer XB270HU provided with a TN panel (I didn't want to deal with IPS glow). Before I ask my question, the monitor is great. No backlight bleed, and it works perfectly.

How can I calibrate the color/contrast and brightness parameters correctly without a calibration tool ?

I just tuned down the brightness a bit because out of the box config was a bit too high.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

http://www.overclock.net/t/1549176/official-acer-predator-xb270hu-owners-club

Guides:

- Monitor Calibration Suggestions
TFT Central Recommended Optimum Settings:

eColor mode
User

Brightness

Contrast

Gamma

Color Temp
User

RGB
50, 45, 46

TFT ICC Profile
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

How to install and activate the profile here
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#install

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

44 minutes ago, MrBucket101 said:

Unfortunatly, these settings are for the IPS panel version :/

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Any other ideas ? =)

You don't, ever panel will be different and therefore taking another reviewers settings might make your screen look awful (looking at any X34 review)

If it is really bad on stock setup just adjust it by eye. 

Good question. When I bought my BENQ XL2430 it took me days to find the right settings for me. 

The problem I have is I adjusted GPU settings because frankly, if I followed someone else's guide for my specific monitor it would be too bright or too washed out...

Now it's just fine but I'm gonna look at the links in this topic and see if they even mention windows/GPU image settings.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE