1 PCI slot 4K GPU

kasugatei

I am looking for the GPU which is 1 PCI slot GPU and I need displayport and HDMI 2.0 outputs on it. I also need it to support 4K resolution. Does anybody know something that fits this description (Google doesn't help). Tnx   

there's the Asus Ares III, which is the fastest single slot graphics card i know

though i dont know if it's hdmi 2.0

but you can use dp to hdmi adapter i think, try checking that online

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

there's the Asus Ares III, which is the fastest single slot gpu i know

though i dont know if it's hdmi 2.0

but you can use dp to hdmi adapter i think, try checking that online

Doesn't the ares III need to be hooked up to a  custom liquid cooling setup ?

2 minutes ago, Ethan9750 said:

Yes.

You're going to be looking at budget cards if you need a single slot air cooler. They technically support 4K. However, there's no HDMI 2.0 equipment out there as far as I know, but HDMI 1.4 supports 4K@30Hz.

1 minute ago, Ethan9750 said:

yeap, but most, if not all, single slot powerful gpu does

if you wanna game then you have to watercool a single slot card

if you dont wanna game then your motherboard's built in gpu should be able to handle 4k?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

if you dont wanna game then your motherboard's built in gpu should be able to handle 4k?

I tried this the other day with an Intel HD 530.

It appeared to be really chugging away and I gave it 512MB of RAM to play with. GPU-Z claimed it was eating up 450MB though.

10 minutes ago, Niksa said:

I am looking for the GPU which is 1 PCI slot GPU and I need displayport and HDMI 2.0 outputs on it. I also need it to support 4K resolution. Does anybody know something that fits this description (Google doesn't help). Tnx   

Get a 980 ti, it'll do the trick, then again it depends to what extent you want the display to be, 144hz and 1ms response time will affect the performance, I know that almost all EVGA gpus have a hdmi 2.0, the cheapest you can get is the GTX 970, but that won't get you maxed out with 60fps

Just now, craftymind3003 said:

Get a 980 ti, it'll do the trick, then again it depends to what extent you want the display to be, 144hz and 1ms response time will affect the performance, I know that almost all EVGA gpus have a hdmi 2.0, the cheapest you can get is the GTX 970, but that won't get you maxed out with 60fps

He's looking for a single-slot card, I don't know of any single-slot 980 Ti.

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

One PCIe 3 slot?

5 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

980 TI Kingpin + waterblock.  (It comes with a single slot bracket in the box iirc)

But air cooled, no idea whatsoever.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Just now, Glenwing said:

Yes, like this:

v7900-2.jpg

I didn't know you ot such a thing, my bad, sorry

If your computer has at least a PCI Express x1 connector, you can buy  pci-e x16 or x8 to pci-e x1 adapters and install any x16 card in a x1 slot. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Express-Adapter-Extender-Flexible-Extension/dp/B008BZBGPO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464248119&sr=1-3&keywords=pci+to+pci+express+adapter

There are also PCI Express to PCI adapter cables / cards. For example, the following card converts a PCI slot to a PCI express slot, and you can plug any half-height video card into this x1 slot, including x16 or x8 cards : http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Express-Adapter-Card-PCI1PEX1/dp/B0037ECAM2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464248119&sr=1-1&keywords=pci+to+pci+express+adapter

pcie_adapter.jpg

Preferably though, you would use a half height video card with a separate power connector, so that they video card won't pull all its power from the pci slot, because the pci slots weren't meant to power cards with tens of watts of power so motherboards may not be designed to give pci slots so much power.

For 2D and movies, these adapters are fast enough even for 4K ... for games though, they'll be probably just a bit faster than a top end PCI video card, the bus bandwidth (maximum 133 MB/s, which is half of PCI-E x1 256 MB/s bandwidth)

29 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Yes, like this:

v7900-2.jpg

Yes, looking something like that. But I need it to have HDMI 2.0 port on the card itself. I know that DP->HDMI 2.0 adapters exist but I can not use that (long story). Water cooling is not an option (really limited space) and there will be no gaming involved.

11 minutes ago, Niksa said:

Yes, looking something like that. But I need it to have HDMI 2.0 port on the card itself. I know that DP->HDMI 2.0 adapters exist but I can not use that (long story). Water cooling is not an option (really limited space) and there will be no gaming involved.

Unfortunately single-slot cards are pretty rare today outside of workstation cards like the one pictured. I don't know of any with native HDMI 2.0 output though...