I3 3240 + 8800GT for CS:GO?

Ok is a I3 3240 enough of a processor to run CS:GO? im pairing it with a 8800GT which i know isnt that great but its what i have. Thanks for any replies and any help :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

csgo will run well on any machine you throw at it. an i3 or any quality will run it fine, your main bottleneck is that 9yr old graphics card. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

csgo will run well on any machine you throw at it. an i3 or any quality will run it fine, your main bottleneck is that 9yr old graphics card. 

ok thanks :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

the cpu should be good enough, dont know about that gpu tho...if you dont game @4K with ulta settings, it sould be fine

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5 GhZ COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Gainward GTX1080 GS MOBO: MSi Z170 Gaming M7 HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB PSU: Be quiet Power Zone 850W CASE: CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro DISPLAY: ASUS ROG PG348Q + LG 34UM95 + Samsung U28E850R + Samsung C24F396 SERVER: HP MicroServer G8 w/ HP P222 & 4x Seagate 8TB RAID5

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ok is a I3 3240 enough of a processor to run CS:GO? im pairing it with a 8800GT which i know isnt that great but its what i have. Thanks for any replies and any help :D 

Yes but not at max settings.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

1 minute ago, swordsman247 said:

Yes but not at max settings.

planing on 1080p medium-low for now

Builds:

Spoiler

The best you can do is to play it on 1024x768 reso with all setting low. so you can get good fps. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

2 minutes ago, Waqas409 said:

The best you can do is to play it on 1024x768 reso with all setting low. so you can get good fps. 

yah im upgrading the GPU once Polaris drops and i have some actiual money

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

planing on 1080p medium-low for now

Okay you should be able to do low settings, but I'm not sure how well that card will handle 1080p gaming even on an older game like cs:go.

1 minute ago, swordsman247 said:

Okay you should be able to do low settings, but I'm not sure how well that card will handle 1080p gaming even on an older game like cs:go.

ok thanks

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, swordsman247 said:

well i have seen a guy on youtube playing CSGO 1080p maxed with Core i5-4690k @4.3Ghz, Geforce 8800GT, 8GB ram and hes getting 40-50fps 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

1 minute ago, Waqas409 said:

well i have seen a guy on youtube playing CSGO 1080p maxed with Core i5-4690k @4.3Ghz, Geforce 8800GT, 8GB ram and hes getting 40-50fps 

That cpu is a lot better though...

3 minutes ago, swordsman247 said:

That cpu is a lot better though...

yea thats why he should play it on low settings with low reso, so he can squeeze maximum fps from that i3 + 8800GT

I would give the iGPU a try before throwing that 8800GT in tbh :P

That one might do the trick and you don't need to use outdated drivers.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

10 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I would give the iGPU a try before throwing that 8800GT in tbh :P

That one might do the trick and you don't need to use outdated drivers.

ehh 8800GT is partially for fun tbh, im also overclocking it as far as i can to get some sort of performance out of it

Builds:

Spoiler

Yeah I had about that same graphics card and it will run very playable at medium setting probably. 

19 minutes ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

Yeah I had about that same graphics card and it will run very playable at medium setting probably. 

thanks for the info :D 

Builds:

Spoiler