Under rated gems?

hex4

Share game you feel were under rated.

I will go with DarkWatch.

Not the PC version but great review of it!

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

• Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. That game was really good and really unique.
  • The Operative: No One Lives Forever. While it isn't really undertated, I rarely hear people talk about it. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

15 minutes ago, hex4 said:

Share game you feel were under rated.

I will go with DarkWatch.

Not the PC version but great review of it!

Styx: Master of Shadows

Took me 6 months to finish 100%, with max trophies on PS4

Sequel coming out this year, getting it for PC and doing max achievements again xD

Single best game ever.

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Planetside 2. Absolutly awesome Multiplayer Shooter which deserve way more attention.

Darkwatch is Console only, so wtf is this doing here?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Watch_Dogs.

I know people may very well mock me for saying this but i think if you set aside the undeserving hype and graphical downgrade it was actually a pretty good first try, i look forward to seeing what they do with Watch_Dogs 2. 

57 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

Watch_Dogs.

I know people may very well mock me for saying this but i think if you set aside the undeserving hype and graphical downgrade it was actually a pretty good first try, i look forward to seeing what they do with Watch_Dogs 2. 

No. They lied about almost everything. I would see them vanish with joy.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 hours ago, Praesi said:

No. They lied about almost everything. I would see them vanish with joy.

They lied about very little, the gameplay was exactly what they said it was, the graphics weren't quite as shiny, but it really doesn't matter.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Just now, Sharkyx1 said:

They lied about very little, the gameplay was exactly what they said it was, the graphics weren't quite as shiny, but it really doesn't matter.

For some People Lies matter.

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

For some People Lies matter.

You have to really consider that they showed final game visuals well before release, same thing CDPR did, the original guess, wasn't achievable on real hardware.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Just now, Sharkyx1 said:

You have to really consider that they showed final game visuals well before release, same thing CDPR did, the original guess, wasn't achievable on real hardware.

CDRed are Liars too. Thats why they lost my trust. But i learned from it. I dont trust any Dev anymore, i never preorder and i dont believe a single E3 Video. If a Game is good after Release fine, if not, fuck it.

3 minutes ago, Praesi said:

CDRed are Liars too. Thats why they lost my trust. But i learned from it. I dont trust any Dev anymore, i never preorder and i dont believe a single E3 Video. If a Game is good after Release fine, if not, fuck it.

Good on you, blind cynicism is safer than blind adoration. But CDPR showed final game details for a full year before release.

a trailer from 3-4 years before release might or might not be possible to put into final game, that's not what the game actually looks like, but if they show a bunch of wireframes and a half written script they won't generate much interest. That's the way i see it. Witcher 3 was a great game.

I don't expect Cyberpunk to look like the CG trailer, but im probably gonna buy it if its good.

Not sure if completely underrated but Sniper Elite 3 was great in my opinion. It was also my first PC game with proper hardware.

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain. Hidden gems, overshadowed by bigger games.

I thought Dying Light was incredibly underrated. It was my favorite game of 2015, over Witcher 3, GTA V, and Fallout 4, though it does really suck to have to buy the DLC to get the ending for the game.

Silent Hill: Shattered memories. First game that really blew my mind. And it was a PSP game. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I thought Dying Light was incredibly underrated. It was my favorite game of 2015, over Witcher 3, GTA V, and Fallout 4, though it does really suck to have to buy the DLC to get the ending for the game.

I wish I had more thumbs for this. Here, have my big toes too.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Valkyria Chronicles: Cell shaded, WWII, anime goodness neatly packed with great, albeit unbalanced, gameplay.

Fortune Summoners: 2D Action RPG. Just started, and already liking it a lot. Quite difficult (borderline Ninja Gaiden type of difficulty). As it uses the old DirectDraw API, it has a tendency to misbehave anywhere past Win 7.

Eternal Senia: Another 2D game. Free (IE, download it now!). Good story, albeit, short. Gameplay falls on the relaxing side of things. Not an obscene amount of grinding needed. Enemy AI however appears to be largely broken or non-existent. Beware difficulty spikes in boss battles though.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment: Excellent story line befitting a detective game. Great visuals. Witty and quite deep.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

MechWarrior Online and War Thunder. Both free to play and I've spent days in game in each.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

No mention of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? Probably the most underrated RPG in the last decade.

Not to mention Dungeon Siege 2 which is quite old, but probably the best hack'n'slash dungeon crawler I've ever played. 

Also Dying Light. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Kerbal Space Program.

You have be kind of a masochistic nerd to like it, but it really is super awesome. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

8 hours ago, App4that said:

MechWarrior Online and War Thunder. Both free to play and I've spent days in game in each.

BAAMM :P

Havent played it in a while though.

WOT_2.png

Another mention and it's a console game until DOA 5 went to Steam.

DOA 2 Ultimate on OG XBOX.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64