A question about cpu bottle neck-ing

silraks
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

- the fps increase will be minimal at best in most games

- no it wont be worse

- you can often in games limit the fps, pretty much always in terms of you can turn on VSYNC, but there are also other ways of going about it (I think in Nvidia's control panel you have a way to limit fps too)

Basically I am going to buy a new PC soon, but I have another PC without integrated graphics, and the gpu on the latter one died, so could I put a gtx 950/960 in it for the time being and try to game with it? (Intel core Dou E8400)

So my question is will the fps/stuttering be the same as with a gt 730 for example? Or will it be worse. And is there maybe limit the amount of fps gpu produces to decrease the bottle neck? 

I5 4460 | Sapphire RX480 Nitro | MSI H81M-E34 | 8 GB | Fractal Design Core 2500 | Silverstone SST-ST50F-PB | Monitor 27-inch EW2750 | Roccat SKELTR+ (giveaway from linus)

My six year old (second rig):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | GPU: 1024MB NVIDIA GT 730 under-powered gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT (Gigabyte OP Silent cell stuff) | 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz | MOBO: Intel DP43TF | 

- the fps increase will be minimal at best in most games

- no it wont be worse

- you can often in games limit the fps, pretty much always in terms of you can turn on VSYNC, but there are also other ways of going about it (I think in Nvidia's control panel you have a way to limit fps too)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That would probably be a pretty high GPU bottleneck. That Dual core will struggle in the games that that 960 is made for. (I'm speaking from experience)

Depends as everyone has said :P it could help but you know...depends :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)