Are the Galaxy S4 cases from Monoprice any good?

I'm going to order a few ethernet and HDMI cables from monoprice. I saw that the cases were about $3 for the Galaxy S4. I thought I could throw in in. Are they any good? I don't really care if I break it, but I still want something to protect it.

Spoiler

if you buy a 600+ euro phone and put a cheap ass case youre doing it wrong. And i dno about monoprice but at that price, everything will be bad and wont really protect things imo

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

if you buy a 600+ euro phone and put a cheap ass case youre doing it wrong. And i dno about monoprice but at that price, everything will be bad and wont really protect things imo

I disagree. Monoprice is the king of quality and low price (at the same time).

They are the ones I bought my Cherry MX Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard from for $58. If I trusted any website or seller with cheap things that need to be "of high quality", it would be Monoprice.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The thing is I could order like 20 for the price of one and if one breaks, I could just put another one on. I can't imagine all retail cases are that sturdy anyway.

Spoiler

yup

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I disagree. Monoprice is the king of quality and low price (at the same time).

They are the ones I bought my Cherry MX Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard from for $58. If I trusted any website or seller with cheap things that need to be "of high quality", it would be Monoprice.

Fair enough, but the cheaper cases are usually pretty thin so if you drop it, they dont do much

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Fair enough, but the cheaper cases are usually pretty thin so if you drop it, they dont do much

In all honesty, what protects a screen from damage on a phone best is a screen cover. You do not even need the case around the rest of the phone. Though that would protect the rest of it, the screen usually will not break if you have a thin piece of sticky plastic on it. Not sure why, but someone like lifehacker, but for phones, tested it. 

It was pretty interesting.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I already have a screen protector on mine, the S4 always seems to slip out of my hand though. I already have a couple dents on the metal ring around the screen. I want something to prevent that and damage to say, the camera. I think the design and how it is slightly out of the rest of the phone, so it always gets scratched when on a table.

Spoiler

Correction: If you buy a $600+ and plan on DROPPING IT....there is something wrong. 

No case on the 5s for me :)

Correction: If you buy a $600+ and plan on DROPPING IT....there is something wrong. 

No case on the 5s for me :)

well shit happens, you might slip and drop it, and when it happens you should be ready lol

But a phone with no case is defo better, feels better

well shit happens, you might slip and drop it, and when it happens you should be ready lol

But a phone with no case is defo better, feels better

They make some thin ones for the 5s im looking at mainly because the back looks nice.