Case fans, NF-A14 2000 or 3000?

RRGT19
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
3 minutes ago, RGT said:

I want something quiet like the Corsair AF140.

2000 version then? it's 6 dbl more, is it much?.

The iPPC noctuas aren't meant to be as quiet as the normal versions. Just get the standard NF-A14 or Silent Wings 2's instead. 

Hi,

I have another build around here and I always use Corsair's fans, but I want to buy something different for the first time.

I will buy a GTX1080 with my i7-6700k, I want them to be coolest possible.

Which is better, 2000 or 3000, and IP67 or not?.

(I hate a fan sounding like an engine of an airplane)

Ventiladores.png

4 minutes ago, RGT said:

(I hate a fan sounding like an engine of an airplane)

Then don't get the industrial noctuas...

both are way too loud IMO

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 hours ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

3000 rpm version is better, more air, but sounds like a hairdryer

3 minutes ago, RGT said:

The iPPC noctuas aren't meant to be as quiet as the normal versions. Just get the standard NF-A14 or Silent Wings 2's instead. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

I wanted noctua because of its colors.

But, if they are noisy I will buy Corsair AF again, thanks.

1 minute ago, RGT said:

I wanted noctua because of its colors.

But, if they are noisy I will buy Corsair AF again, thanks.

Not sure which ones you're referring to. If you just want black fans, go with Silent Wings 2's. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Not sure which ones you're referring to. If you just want black fans, go with Silent Wings 2's. 

I just like Noctua industrial PPC and Corsair AF because of their colors.

But, if noctua is loud, I will buy Corsair AF again

2 minutes ago, RGT said:

I just like Noctua industrial PPC and Corsair AF because of their colors.

But, if noctua is loud, I will buy Corsair AF again

iPPC's are just black fans with brown rubber corners. Is that what you wanted or do you just want black?

iPPC's are just black fans with brown rubber corners. Is that what you wanted or do you just want black?

I want them black with red

1 minute ago, RGT said:

I want them black with red

Does that mean you plan to get the red chromax corners for the iPPC fan?

Does that mean you plan to get the red chromax corners for the iPPC fan?

yeah, I was thinking on that.

But, if the Noctua's fan are loud, maybe I will stay with Corsair's fan AF140mm Quiet.

1 minute ago, RGT said:

yeah, I was thinking on that.

But, if the Noctua's fan are loud, maybe I will stay with Corsair's fan AF140mm Quiet.

They are actually very quiet if you can provide a proper pwm signal. I personally use 2 5-way splitters from the cpu_fan header.