Cherry MX Blue vs Cherry MX Brown

MenSuRx

So i'm back on the hunt for a new tactile, clicky keyboard. I would like to stick with Cherry switches no Kailh switches. I'm browsing the market for a good keyboard with either a cherry blue or browns. I previously bought a cherry blue switch keyboard and few of the keys (like 2 or 3) felt inconsistent with the rest of the keys, they would feel tactile but slightly mushy and not as sharp and crisp sounding, and they wouldn't make that crisp click sound the rest of the keys were making. This inconsistency really irritated me so i got it replaced, and the 2nd one had same problems on different keys. I got that refunded and now i'm back to my ducky with reds. I heard that its normal for blues to have that inconsistency feeling. So my experiences with cherry blues haven't been great but i'm still willing to have another with them because its feeling. However, i'm also considering cherry browns, these switches i haven't used before so i don't know how they compare with the cherry blues. I'm also not sure if browns have that generic inconsistency click issue blues have but if they don't i would be preferring the browns over blues. So i need help from someone who has can compare these 2 switches, which feels better and if browns doesn't have the inconsistency problem.

blues are loud

can't say about blues but all 120+ brown switches on my K95 are pretty consistent

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

blues are loud

I know and the sound doesn't bother me. I like it 

I have a Razer blacwidow with blues and I like them a lot. They provide nice, tactile feedback which I like, but are as said, very loud. I do tend to use a secondary keyboard at nights to solve this problem though, but if you have no problem with loudness and you want good feedback from your keyboard I can recommend.

I haven't noticed inconsistency with my keyboards with browns but then again, I haven't really been looking for that so I can't say for certain.  I'd also recommend taking a look at MX Clears if you think 45cN is too light.  

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

1 hour ago, MenSuRx said:

compare these 2 switches, which feels better and if browns doesn't have the inconsistency problem.

Blues feel better but have higher rates of inconsistency

Browns feel dirty TBH. But you won't notice inconsistencies as much.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

3 hours ago, MenSuRx said:

I know and the sound doesn't bother me. I like it 

Browns dont make any noise, but they should be consistant

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well i'm slightly leaning towards the browns as people are saying they have less inconsistency than blues. So how do they feel?  Compared to reds and blues?

Purchase a switch tester. It is difficult to recommend switches to someone who hasn't felt one before. Greens and clears you will need to go out of your way to find in the wild, but red blue brown and black are your generic switches.

1 hour ago, papes said:

Purchase a switch tester. It is difficult to recommend switches to someone who hasn't felt one before. Greens and clears you will need to go out of your way to find in the wild, but red blue brown and black are your generic switches.

I've personally owned cherry reds, both cherry and razer greens, and cherry blues. I just haven't tried the browns yet. Unfortunately i'm currently living in a place where stores don't sells mechanical keyboards so i can't test them out. I also cannot order a switch tester as there is no means to have it shipped here.