Help me Experts !

hi guys, need your expertise in building my first customized PC. I always wanted to do it but did not have sufficient money to build like the way i want it but now I have it. It would be great if i can get your help and knowledge in building this PC. Please suggest if there is any component not compatible with each other or might create a bottleneck in delivering performance. thanks in advance :)

Processor Intel Core i7 6700K
Video Card Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti xtreme gaming OC edition
Motherboard Asus Z170 - Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
Ram G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
HDD WD Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk 
Cooler Cooler Master Hydro SeriesTM H100i GTX 
Cabinet Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5
PSU Antec True Power 750W 
Monitor Asus MG278Q 1ms 144Hz
Keyboard CM Strafe RGB Cherry Mx Keyboard (red/brown which is better)
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse 
Webcam Logitech C270 HD Webcam 
Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Pad(A)/Steel Series Qck Mouse Pad(N)

PS: I have liitle knowledge about hardwares and whatever I learned is from various Youtube channels.So all suggestions are welcome ! :)

wait for the benchmarks of both polaris and pascal to come out.  then decide which card suits you best since the new 1080 is faster then 2 980s

Yeah don't buy a video card right now with Nvidias new lineup coming out next month and AMD's soon as well. And like Alexzz_ said the new 1080 is "faster" than 980 SLI, 980ti, and Titan X apparently. AMD's 490x Has also claimed to be faster than a 980ti but there's no telling how much faster it will be or where the Fury cards will stand against Nvidias lineup this time. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Wait for Pascal.

The MG278Q is a freesync monitor and will not be able to utilize that when paried with an Nvidia GPU.

AND

Use PCpartpicker.com

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Wait for Pascal.

The MG278Q is a freesync monitor and will not be able to utilize that when paried with an Nvidia GPU.

okay ! so which monitor should I buy if I wanted to use gtx 1080 ??

(I love when I'm an expert)

1) The motherboard is waaay overpriced. Get a cheaper Z170 one.

2) Wait for Pascal benchmarks. Nvidia said that the 1080 is better than 980 SLI, so...

3) For the keyboard, that's your personal taste. Get the one which suits your needs best.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Just now, PeacefulHitman said:

okay ! so which monitor should I buy if I wanted to use gtx 1080 ??

You can use any monitor you want even this one. The first few question I forgot in my first answer are:

• Budget?
  • Location?
  • Purpose?
  • do you already own some of this stuff?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

4 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

Yeah don't buy a video card right now with Nvidias new lineup coming out next month and AMD's soon as well. And like Alexzz_ said the new 1080 is "faster" than 980 SLI, 980ti, and Titan X apparently. AMD's 490x Has also claimed to be faster than a 980ti but there's no telling how much faster it will be or where the Fury cards will stand against Nvidias lineup this time. 

okay I will wait then....what about MOBO and processor and ram ....will they work fine if coupled with gtx 1080 ?

Yes, everything else is great in this build. The PSU might be questionable but I may be getting it confused with another PSU atm. This PC will do great with a 1080 though.

I was getting it confused. That power supply is great. 

Edited by Ophidio

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

3 minutes ago, Ophidio said:

Yes, everything else is great in this build. The PSU might be questionable but I may be getting it confused with another PSU atm. This PC will do great with a 1080 though.

but GER_T4IGA said that MG278Q is a freesync monitor and will not be able to utilize that when paried with an Nvidia GPU. what does that mean. Which monitor i should buy if i wanted to use GTX1080 ?

1 minute ago, PeacefulHitman said:

but GER_T4IGA said that MG278Q is a freesync monitor and will not be able to utilize that when paried with an Nvidia GPU. what does that mean. Which monitor i should buy if i wanted to use GTX1080 ?

You can use that Monitor with the 1080 but you can't use the freesync abilties that the monitor has. Freesync is on AMD cards. If you want to go with Nvidia you will need a G-Sync Monitor if you're wanting to use Adaptive Sync technology. 

10 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

You can use any monitor you want even this one. The first few question I forgot in my first answer are:

• Budget?
  • Location?
  • Purpose?
  • do you already own some of this stuff?

3000$

India

Gaming and other productivity stuff photography,video etc

no i will build it from scratch 

2 minutes ago, PeacefulHitman said:

If you answer my above question it will be a lot easier to answer this.

You could use a $50 refurbished 1024x768 monitor but you obviously want ...
Do you only want to game? do you wannt an IPS panel? budget?? ... answers pls

3.Use

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

You can use that Monitor with the 1080 but you can't use the freesync abilties that the monitor has. Freesync is on AMD cards. If you want to go with Nvidia you will need a G-Sync Monitor if you're wanting to use Adaptive Sync technology. 

can u list some of these monitors so i can update my list .. :)

A G-sync 1440p monitor would be optimal, but expensive.

3000$

India

Gaming and other productivity stuff photography,video etc

no i will build it from scratch 

Parts worth $3000 in the USA will cost you close to $5000 in India. I hope you're aware of that.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

If you answer my above question it will be a lot easier to answer this.

You could use a $50 refurbished 1024x768 monitor but you obviously want ...
Do you only want to game? do you wannt an IPS panel? budget?? ... answers pls

for monitor i could spend 450 $ ..mostly i want to play games in addition to some productive works one does on a PC . Ips panel would reduce the response time i guess . 

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

A G-sync 1440p monitor would be optimal, but expensive.

Parts worth $3000 in the USA will cost you close to $5000 in India. I hope you're aware of that.

i have checked it online on NEWEGG ...these parts will cost me around $3000 in india only

19 minutes ago, PeacefulHitman said:

i have checked it online on NEWEGG ...these parts will cost me around $3000 in india only

Not after you add the cost of shipping charges.

BTW there is no CM Strafe. Strafe would be corsair and CM is cooler master .... please clarify

3.Use

I loaded this page earlier in the day, and when I refreshed it the OPs avatar changed.  Anyhoo.

Main thing is to hold off on gpu purchases until the new gpus launch.  wait one month then return here for answers.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

8 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

BTW there is no CM Strafe. Strafe would be corsair and CM is cooler master .... please clarify

sorry my bad...its corsair strafe

5 hours ago, Sammael said:

I loaded this page earlier in the day, and when I refreshed it the OPs avatar changed.  Anyhoo.

Main thing is to hold off on gpu purchases until the new gpus launch.  wait one month then return here for answers.

ok

as u have said to use pcpartpicker...i have chosen these parts http://in.pcpartpicker.com/p/KBTRNG ....will wait for gtx1080 if it willl cost me less than gtx980 ti then i will go for that....otherwise going to stick with gtx980ti only... one more thing do i need network adapters or sound card .