AMD's move against the GTX 1080 and 1070?

So with the release of NVIDIA's 1080 and 1070 which are said to be faster than the Titan X, I'm actually really curious to know what AMD is gonna do about this. They haven't really said anything major lately other than their Polaris architecture. Have they teased any card recently? The Pro Duo is certainly not for us and nothing new. Just two Fury Xs stuck together. What do you guys think about this?

A predator must wait patiently. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

There is never any information, we have never been privy to those sorts of details until near launch. ever.

7 minutes ago, Aytex said:

We

Don't

Know

There

Isn't

Any information

xD Calm down yo! Just wanted to know.

7 minutes ago, DioOmicida said:

A predator must wait patiently. 

I don't know why but I feel like AMD has got something up they're sleeves.

11 minutes ago, Pardeep01 said:

So with the release of NVIDIA's 1080 and 1070 which are said to be faster than the Titan X, I'm actually really curious to know what AMD is gonna do about this. They haven't really said anything major lately other than their Polaris architecture. Have they teased any card recently? The Pro Duo is certainly not for us and nothing new. Just two Fury Xs stuck together. What do you guys think about this?

We have no way of knowing.

Yet.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

We

Don't

Know

There

Isn't

Any information

you salty ? :P seen you answer on all 1080 related posts lmao

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

The Pro Duo is two Nanos not two Fury Xs and Polaris is scheduled to be unveil at a event in Macau between the 26th and 29th of this month.

i think they're after the main stream market more than the high end. 9 price performance ) if you want high end now buy a fury or fury-x.

i don't know why all of a sudden the world seems to have their panties in a wad. nothing is released and we really don't know anything "REAL".

give it a couple of months for the dust to settle.

I would assume AMD's move would be to release cards. 

Crazy right? 

3 minutes ago, Noire said:

Crazy right? 

I doubt it. That would be a really risky business move and might not even pay off.

/s

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

35 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

The Pro Duo is two Nanos not two Fury Xs and Polaris is scheduled to be unveil at a event in Macau between the 26th and 29th of this month.

I searched it up and only found one source that says the Pro Duo has two Nanos, the rest are saying it contains two Fury Xs.

29 minutes ago, Noire said:

Crazy right? 

Never heard something like that before. I actually wouldn't want AMD to do that or else their business will just fall.

they will release new GPU's and they will be better price for performance than Nvidia's cards obviously

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

34 minutes ago, Pardeep01 said:

I could give you an opinion, but I will need help from this Legendary Foreteller first.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.