Folding question

So I've finally got my own PC and I've started folding but I have a question. I have just an i5-6500 and viewing my client, in 9 hours I've earned 951 points and have completed 2 work units. This seems odd as it also says in my client I should get around 2500 points per WU and 17000 a day. Why are they so low? Did my PC go to sleep overnight? Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

If you haven't completed 10 work units, you're not yet getting the quick return bonus. I think that's the most likely explanation.

what is folding may i ask

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

3 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

If you haven't completed 10 work units, you're not yet getting the quick return bonus. I think that's the most likely explanation.

So at that point I'll get my start getting that many points per WU? And another question. How long can I expect my 6500 to go at 100% without failing? Its running at a cool 45 right now at max so temps aren't a problem, but I'm wondering roughly how much folding this hard almost 24/7 will reduce heardware lifespan

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

So at that point I'll get my start getting that many points per WU? And another question. How long can I expect my 6500 to go at 100% without failing? Its running at a cool 45 right now at max so temps aren't a problem, but I'm wondering roughly how much folding this hard almost 24/7 will reduce heardware lifespan

Yeah, unless something else is going wrong.

The CPU will happily churn through this stuff for decades, as long as cooling is sufficient.

11 minutes ago, Bradders said:

what is folding may i ask

Its when you install this application called folding@home and you donate your computer's power for protein folding. Basically you let a server send your computer a problem, your computer tries to solve it, if it does you have found a cure (EXTREMELY unlikely) and if not you are sent the next one. Your computer does all the work. Its like donating to scientific research, but with computer power.

2 hours ago, WhatComesAround said:

Its when you install this application called folding@home and you donate your computer's power for protein folding. Basically you let a server send your computer a problem, your computer tries to solve it, if it does you have found a cure (EXTREMELY unlikely) and if not you are sent the next one. Your computer does all the work. Its like donating to scientific research, but with computer power.

Is it always being used for that or is it a turn off and on thing?. Sounds like something good 

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

44 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Is it always being used for that or is it a turn off and on thing?. Sounds like something good 

You run it whenever you want and your PC is always number crunching when it's on

Spoiler

AXIOM

On 5/10/2016 at 9:59 PM, Bradders said:

Turn off and on thing :D