Goodbye 980Ti

Beeeyeee

well time to buy a 980ti for cheap

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, shadowbyte said:

well time to buy a 980ti for cheap

Seriously! haha Easy pickins.

just got a 660ti for 70 dollars

everyone wants a 10 series card now

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

i get full what i paid =) go MC replacement plan shush no else due it   on release date :ph34r:

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

1 minute ago, gamerking said:

i get full what i paid =) go MC replacement plan shush no else due it   on release date :ph34r:

if only I lived by one... I put my card up expecting it be about a week or two until the new cards were announced... they were announced that night! so mad. I lost about $200 from that poor timing.

sell ob ebay... everyone pays more than its worth internationally like in europe

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Why on earth would you sell your 980ti for so cheap? You know you can hire people to hurt you for no reason if that's your "thing"

It was a HYBRID! ARE YOU NUTS!!! *counts to ten*

Should have waited for the benchmarks. You're not going to like what they have to say

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Why on earth would you sell your 980ti for so cheap? You know you can hire people to hurt you for no reason if that's your "thing"

just wanted to get rid of it fast. nobody would pay any more than that, the hype is too real! haha

Just now, Beeeyeee said:

just wanted to get rid of it fast. nobody would pay any more than that, the hype is too real! haha

You realize Nvidia was just talking about VR. Do you own a Rift or Vive? Plan to? In Ashes of the singularity you just gained, 5fps. 5fps

1 minute ago, App4that said:

You realize Nvidia was just talking about VR. Do you own a Rift or Vive? Plan to? In Ashes of the singularity you just gained, 5fps. 5fps

yeah I ordered a vive, just gunna wait a couple years before its my turn to get one! haha! really only 5FPS from a 980ti to a 1080? 

Just now, Beeeyeee said:

yeah I ordered a vive, just gunna wait a couple years before its my turn to get one! haha! really only 5FPS from a 980ti to a 1080? 

If that. The benchmark got taken down but I saw it and shared it so I have witnesses. Stock 1080 to stock 980ti (reference cooler) it was 5 fps. Now you like me had a Hybrid, so we both know how they boost. You're looking at 25% tops in some titles. Sorry, not trying to bum you out but damn dude, they say patience is a virtue for a reason.

12 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

if only I lived by one... I put my card up expecting it be about a week or two until the new cards were announced... they were announced that night! so mad. I lost about $200 from that poor timing.

they dont like people doing what im going to but ive spent enough their i get some lee-way . i just have to pay my states silly taxes =( and buy a new replacement plan but 150$ for two brand new 1070/80 ant bad trade

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

23 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

Time to sell your Maxwell cards! Good freaking luck! I just sold my 980Ti for only $400 :(

https://youtu.be/10_vi8G9ES0

pevSPn4.gif?noredirect

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

If that. The benchmark got taken down but I saw it and shared it so I have witnesses. Stock 1080 to stock 980ti (reference cooler) it was 5 fps. Now you like me had a Hybrid, so we both know how they boost. You're looking at 25% tops in some titles. Sorry, not trying to bum you out but damn dude, they say patience is a virtue for a reason.

haha i'm a very patient person, but whatever the numbers are people live off that hype, so the price would just keep going down as people realize the 1070 is even better than a 980ti. I also did it for the better power requirements and temps. I've also been wanting a nice air cooled card. I don't like the way that one looked with my build anyways. not to ramble but you can see theres plenty other reasons I wanted to upgrade:P I'll be interested to see if that leak is true or not though. thanks for the heads up!

3 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

haha i'm a very patient person, but whatever the numbers are people live off that hype, so the price would just keep going down as people realize the 1070 is even better than a 980ti. I also did it for the better power requirements and temps. I've also been wanting a nice air cooled card. I don't like the way that one looked with my build anyways. not to ramble but you can see theres plenty other reasons I wanted to upgrade:P I'll be interested to see if that leak is true or not though. thanks for the heads up!

Your cash brother, even if you're honest about just wanting the latest go for it. Wish I would have caught your card though, Hybrids in SLI is sweet. And I'm hoping for a like minded Lightning owner to do the same as you lol. Hope you win the silicon lottery with your 1080.

30 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

Time to sell your Maxwell cards! Good freaking luck! I just sold my 980Ti for only $400 :(

Thanks for the laugh man!  I've got a couple of Hybrids myself that are now incorporated into a custom loop.  They've been so good to me that I think I'm going to keep them.  I'm doing a Broadwell-E upgrade as soon as it releases, so the 5960x is going to keep the Hybrids when it moves over to a new case to make room for the new chip and pascal.

13 minutes ago, App4that said:

Now you like me had a Hybrid, so we both know how they boost.

1550 MHz x 2 on the stock BIOS for me when cooled even more on a custom loop.  Great cards!

1 hour ago, gamerking said:

I am planning on doing the same thing with my 390, the extra money for the protection plan is worth it because you don't have to worry about reselling the card for less, and many people do abuse their system on this.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Next minutes the card is crap... lol im sticking with 980ti and waiting for some HBM GPU ... let hope 1080ti have it. 

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Next minutes the card is crap... lol im sticking with 980ti and waiting for some HBM GPU ... let hope 1080ti have it. 

Don't get me wrong the 980ti is still a freaking beast of a card and will be for a long time. I just wanted an upgrade to two 1080's for some VR and stuff:)

1 hour ago, Beeeyeee said:

Why the hell would you sell it now? You should've waited for big pascal instead.

Congrats on losing value.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8