Aorus X5 VS Razer Blade 14

Which laptop is better Aorus X5 v5 or the New Razer Blade 14. for gaming and work?

Aorus should be better with its GPU and you can actually upgrade it.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Another vote for Aorus. More bang for your buck hardware wise. I have one of the poor mans gigabyte lappys (P35) and it performs well, however it is loud and runs hot. I believe the Aorus line run the same cooling system but with higher quality build materials, so keep that in mind.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

i like how the blade looks better

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The blade is really hot, infact so hot that you can cook food on it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 hours ago, Dackzy said:

The blade is really hot, infact so hot that you can cook food on it.

curious where you're getting this info - I haven't seen any in depth reviews on the new razer blade 14 yet.  I'd like to read the info; still time to cancel the pre-order if I wish.

17 hours ago, neonfirefox said:

Which laptop is better Aorus X5 v5 or the New Razer Blade 14. for gaming and work?

describe the work you're undertaking.  

3 minutes ago, OldFart said:

curious where you're getting this info - I haven't seen any in depth reviews on the new razer blade 14 yet.  I'd like to read the info; still time to cancel the pre-order if I wish.

My hobby/work is fixing laptops and desktops and I know a lot of different people who work for tech websites and the all agree on that all razer laptops run really really hot.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

My hobby/work is fixing laptops and desktops and I know a lot of different people who work for tech websites and the all agree on that all razer laptops run really really hot.

I've seen that for prior model years - with a reported improved temperature handling in 2015. I am curious if there's been reports on the current year -- with the lower power cpus, etc., and reported changes in design last year, if it remains a issue that's yet been shown to exist in the 2016 edition.  I am guessing then the answer really is - that it has had issues in the past, so be weary and check on if the issues continue forward.  Fair 'nuff.

14 minutes ago, OldFart said:

I've seen that for prior model years - with a reported improved temperature handling in 2015. I am curious if there's been reports on the current year -- with the lower power cpus, etc., and reported changes in design last year, if it remains a issue that's yet been shown to exist in the 2016 edition.  I am guessing then the answer really is - that it has had issues in the past, so be weary and check on if the issues continue forward.  Fair 'nuff.

the Stealth is like a mobile frying pan even though it only has a 15w cpu..

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

the Stealth is like a mobile frying pan even though it only has a 15w cpu..

I was talking about this in my other thread, and although I can understand that they might run hot, you are often hopefully exaggerating the amount of heat it gives off. I really would like to see some actual sources on using the device and trouble with the heat, because all I know right now is that some guy on the forum is telling me he can bake an egg on it.

5 hours ago, OldFart said:

describe the work you're undertaking.  

computer science and video editing

9 hours ago, verttex said:

I was talking about this in my other thread, and although I can understand that they might run hot, you are often hopefully exaggerating the amount of heat it gives off. I really would like to see some actual sources on using the device and trouble with the heat, because all I know right now is that some guy on the forum is telling me he can bake an egg on it.

The new Razer Blade is the better buy (though it doesn't exist right now, you won't be able to get it under June, at which point there will probably be something better out) because of the build quality and most of all, the TB3 port. The Aorus X5 doesn't have TB3, so it isn't future-proofed. The battery life is also quite terrible.

The only temperature data on the new Razer Blade is from end-users, such as on Reddit. Temperatures look like about 10C cooler than the 2015 Blade (hitting low 80's during a firestrike benchmark). My old blade 2015 would hit the 90's if you didn't disable turbo.

FYI, the stealth is not a hot laptop in normal use. During office use (chrome with 6 tabs open, typing, google docs, etc) the CPU cores run at 31C. I don't game on it much, though, but when I do just to run some tests, it seems to hit about 80.

Source: I review laptops + own a RB stealth + RB 2015

9 hours ago, verttex said:

Razer has an entire thread about the stealth running at 95-98C, where they try to bs people by telling them they have invented a special kind of solder. The cpu they put in them are 15watt you have to be really stupid if you can't cool a 15watt cpu.

On 5/10/2016 at 8:17 PM, neonfirefox said:

computer science and video editing

both options would likely be overkill for both these functions; so choose entirely on what you want in a gamer.

56 minutes ago, OldFart said:

both options would likely be overkill for both these functions; so choose entirely on what you want in a gamer.

Video editing will take a lot of resources though, most editors will use all of the gpu and cpu horsepower while rendering or scrubbing. So it's understandable why he wants something of this calibre.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena