Who is to blame for V.R SICKNESS/DIZZY, AMD+nVidia? VIVE/OCULAS? API? USB?

El Diablo

Whats the main cause of this? loads of people say its latency yea..

but wheres the main latency from?

i kind of think its due to the USB connections so basicaly the whole chipset ,not all of it but parts of it including the pci express lanes and how the cpu has to deal with ishh maby

some people may say nVidia due to them having a disadvantage from the api point

nVidia claims its the audio....

but what do YOUUU think

yes you

mhm you

*points at you*

no not the guy behind you

The human brain

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

the main cause is the fact that you live in 2016 and not 2133

so until the technology improves you are stuck with this

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Whats the main cause of this? loads of people say its latency yea..

but wheres the main latency from?

i kind of think its due to the USB connections so basicaly the whole chipset ,not all of it but parts of it including the pci express lanes and how the cpu has to deal with ishh maby

some people may say nVidia due to them having a disadvantage from the api point

nVidia claims its the audio....

but what do YOUUU think

yes you

mhm you

*points at you*

no not the guy behind you

Because this aint the Ghost in the Shell universe where stuff is beamed directly in to your cyberized brain. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

Because the technology currently sucks...

But what technology sucks?

what part needs the improvement?

we all feel immersed in a game, shit most the time when im watching tv, im there,, im zoned in,, i notice nothing around me

i dont feel sick

even watching low frame rate films,,,

so that rules out the need of high refresh rates

or am i wrong?

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

The display, the horse power, the controls, the sensors, the games themselves. All of it need improvement to have it actually become a mainstream gaming experience.

3 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

But what technology sucks?

what part needs the improvement?

we all feel immersed in a game, shit most the time when im watching tv, im there,, im zoned in,, i notice nothing around me

i dont feel sick

even watching low frame rate films,,,

so that rules out the need of high refresh rates

or am i wrong?

VR is still new. I mean yeah they have attempted it in the past, but this is the first time it actually works. We have the hardware, but other components need time to catch up as well as the software devs. They will need to discover the best way for us to control our VR environment. Truthfully Id be waiting for 3 or 4th gen VR headsets before I take the plunge. Because by the time they come out, most of the issues will probably have been worked out. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

GDDR5 latency

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Latency and framerate mostly. It's the same reason people felt uneasy watching 3D

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

9 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

VR is still new. I mean yeah they have attempted it in the past, but this is the first time it actually works. We have the hardware, but other components need time to catch up as well as the software devs. They will need to discover the best way for us to control our VR environment. Truthfully Id be waiting for 3 or 4th gen VR headsets before I take the plunge. Because by the time they come out, most of the issues will probably have been worked out. 

but what components...

9 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

GDDR5 latency

noway

Just now, El Diablo said:

noway

Yes. Hence why Fury series are the optimal solution at the moment

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

It is first generation of actual consumer grade vr they still have not worked the kinks out yet. Nothing is ever perfect especially in a first gen product

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

7 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Yes. Hence why Fury series are the optimal solution at the moment

nah man 

fiji's hbm performance is over exaggerated

i done benchmarks on it and posted them somewhere on the forums

so u think gddr5 is too slow,,but usb latency is fine?

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

It is first generation of actual consumer grade vr they still have not worked the kinks out yet. Nothing is ever perfect especially in a first gen product

i know

we all know

what im getting at

is what is the kink for v.r sickness?

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

nah man 

fiji's hbm performance is over exaggerated

i done benchmarks on it and posted them somewhere on the forums

so u think gddr5 is too slow,,but usb latency is fine?

Erm, the bandwidth is massive compared to GDDR5 - the latency is also substantially lower (thanks to Liquid VR + HBM). It also uses DP, not USB

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Erm, the bandwidth is massive compared to GDDR5 - the latency is also substantially lower (thanks to Liquid VR + HBM). It also uses DP, not USB

check my fiji xt hbm bandwidth benchmarks

its not 512GB/S

it was allot less

and im sure the rift uses like 20 usb connections

Edited by El Diablo
added crap

check my fiji xt hbm bandwidth benchmarks

its not 512GB/S

it was allot less

Erm, so I am supposed to believe you rather than the dozens of professional reviewers? Yeah, No.

3 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Erm, so I am supposed to believe you rather than the dozens of professional reviewers? Yeah, No.

none of them have done HBM benchmarks

i have

go check the figures

some of us here even compared it to their own 980ti's

the same app i used is where the amd polaris leaks have been coming from

AFTER i done the HBM test

so looks like amd internally use what i use

none of them have done HBM benchmarks

i have

go check the figures

some of us here even compared it to their own 980ti's

the same app i used is where the amd polaris leaks have been coming from

AFTER i done the HBM test

so looks like amd internally use what i use

So you used a random app on the internet to test memory bandwidth? This is totally credible and I will blindly believe you 100%....