nvidia 1000 series

keiwein2
3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Basically Nvidia house version of something like the Kingpin; meant for overclocking.

thats pretty cool

binned cards directly from nvidia

i wonder what EVGA will do then

bin the binned cards? :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2.1k mhz OC with normal air cooling and 67 C .dayum

i wounder what OC can water cooling can achieve 

We'll just have to wait and see. But one thing which is pretty much guaranteed, is that AMD will offer a better price vs performance ratio.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I need some benches lol, he said twice the speed of a titan x and 3x effiencyright? :o

Tom needs a new pair of pants. :( RIP TOM 2016 #dontFireTom

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

2017 will be 1080Ti with HBM2 Memory most likely gonna be 30-50% faster.

2 minutes ago, Calypso0 said:

I need some benches lol, he said twice the speed of a titan x and half the power consumption :o

1/3 the power consumption actually xD

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

what is the founders edition?

i missed that part of the stream, for once my internet went out instead of the stream going out lol

btw this is about what we were expecting based on the previous launches, idk whats so surprising

its surprising because its not just a 20% increase from the 980.. its double beating out the Titan X thats a +$1500 card. they could have mad this card $700 and it would still have sold..

Needs Update

3 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

We'll just have to wait and see. But one thing which is pretty much guaranteed, is that AMD will offer a better price vs performance ratio.

I wouldnt nessacarily say thats for sure, according to rumors AMD was planning on offering a 980ti performance card for about 350$, and now Nvidia has released a better than titan x for 380$

I'm glad to hear about the Nvidia card performance, and I'm very happy that hardware performance if finally moving forward again, after having been brought to a snail's pace while the 360 and PS3 dominated the gaming market, and left in that state for so many years, until more recently.

I hope that AMD have also prepared a magnificent progression in their graphics hardware capabilities.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, Jaggsta said:

2017 will be 1080Ti with HBM2 Memory most likely gonna be 30-50% faster.

where did u get that info from?

8 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

680 - $499

780 - $499

980 - $549

1080 - $599

yeah, i guessed GTX980 price +- $50

:)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ridiculous? I don't think you were watching when they said 2x the performance of Titan X

So: Dual cards with 750 watts TDP with slower clocks that costs $2000 VS. Single card with 180 watts TDP with 1.7 GHz clock yet you think prices are ridiculous? Wow. No offense, but maybe compare to other cards next time and look at the price-to-perf?

I myself might actually get the Founder's Edition if it's good, these prices are great for Canada ($775 without GST for non-collectors)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

41 minutes ago, CodenameScorpion said:

brain.exe is not responding! WIll not respond until GTX 1080 is aquired, oh wait, I will never be able to afford it, nevermind!

Thought it was going to be like $1200 when they showed the performance graph and then they came out with the price (599) and I was like wut. Titan X owners, get rekt

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

3 minutes ago, clementk said:

its surprising because its not just a 20% increase from the 980.. its double beating out the Titan X thats a +$1500 card. they could have mad this card $700 and it would still have sold..

true, the price performance was definitely unexpected

but i guessed the price correctly :)

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, sterlingr said:

To you guys, was Nvidias announcement unprecedented? I saw things doubting their 1070-1080 series, but it looked better than I expected. 

But I'm not the most informed. Was that as expected? Less than expected? It better then expected?

Well, the 1080 is better than 980 sli and the 1070 outperforms the titan x... you decide.

So, you guys think this is going to put AMD out of business? xD

3 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

I wouldnt nessacarily say thats for sure, according to rumors AMD was planning on offering a 980ti performance card for about 350$, and now Nvidia has released a better than titan x for 380$

These are not official prices. Until AMD come out and state otherwise, those prices you threw at me are worthless.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

So how much would these cards be in Canada? Was hoping to get a 1080 but might have to get a 1070 instead because budget reasons.

23 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Anyone else think these prices are getting ridiculous, especially the "Founder's Edition"?

Well, the GTX 1070 is $50 more than the GTX 970 at launch, but the GTX 770 and GTX 670 were both $499 at launch. Once the initial few weeks of low stock/high demand pass, and Polaris comes out, you'll probably find these cards for quite a bit cheaper.

The Founders Edition is ridiculous, but of course there's a ridiculous version in such a hype-heavy, theatrical launch. If you've got that much money but aren't smart enough to save it for a consumer GP100 card, natural selection probably would've picked you off sooner or later anyway. :P 

I like it. Maybe I am gullible, but I'm going to drop the money on the 1070 as soon as June 10 rolls around.

|| i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz || Asus Z370-i || HyperX Fury 32GB @ 2400MHz || Nvidia Titan Xp || 500GB Samsung 950 Pro || Deepcool Captain 240 RGB white || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Glass || InWin Aurora fan kit || Corsair RM750x white || Ensourced Customs sleeved extensions || Tesoro Gram Spectrum white || Logitech G603 || 

5 minutes ago, clementk said:

I know, so happy for the price here in Canada :)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

1 minute ago, Fulgrim said:

These are not official prices. Until AMD come out and state otherwise, those prices you threw at me are worthless.

i know, that is why i said rumors.

At least AMD has time to prepare now so they just maybe might be able to adjust clock speeds and planned pricing to try to stay competitive with their new GPUs because Nvidia announced theirs first

1 minute ago, Fulgrim said:

If AMD had a better price/performance ratio, they would have to offer that new card at just over $200... Which I doubt they can afford to.