Flyboard Air: Franky Zapata's hoverboard sets new Guinness world record for furthest flight

maxresdefault.jpg

As many of you might be aware Franky Zapata is attempting to create a more viable platform for the hoverboard. This one which he has been working on developing for many years flies you through the air much like the green goblin out a spider man movie . Known for his creation of the The Flyboard a type of water jetpack/hoverboard attached to a personal water craft which supplies propulsion to drive the Flyboard through air and water, Franky Zapata now takes a step further by developing a hoverboard that utilizes jet engines to propel him a number of feet above the ground. On May 2, 2016 Franky Zapata posted a video where he made a guinness world record for the furthest hoverboard flight.

This is what the post on The International Business Times had to say about the record breaking flight

....Zapata's Flyboard Air, which looks like a polished product, could make it to market first and beat out the hoverboards currently competing today.

For now, it looks like Zapata is in the lead, but although he says his hoverboard can go up to 10,000ft, in neither the first test flight video nor the new Guinness World Record attempt have we seen this proven.

Zapata Racing says its prototype is still pending legislative approval from the government, so we will not be seeing it on the market for a while. However, the world record attempt will surely have put hoverboards back into the public's minds. Duru, your move

This is what the post on Gizmag says about the introduction of the hoverboard on April 10, 2016

Franky Zapata's water-jet Flyboards have very quickly become a popular vacation experience, but the French jet ski champion has bigger goals in mind. Over the weekend, he released the first video that claims to show his new Flyboard Air in action. The Air ditches the water jet for what appears to be a jet turbine engine, and allows him to fly untethered through the sky to a maximum height of 10,000 feet and a maximum endurance of 10 minutes

Here is a video below showcasing this amazing technological marvel's first test on April 10, 2016.

Here is another video showing the hoverboard making the guinness world record which he achieved on April 30,2016 . 

And I understand that while this may be a huge dream that many of us have there are also many safety issues associated with riding such a craft. Which is why I will be proposing a poll.

Do you think that this new hoverboard is the next big thing? or do you think the risks associated with it far-outweigh the benefits?

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I have been dreaming of hoverboards for a long time (not those dinky things that claim to be "hoverboards") and thanks to Mr. Zapata that dream may finally come true.

Source Gizmag article

Source International Business Times

What Da Fuq?!?!?!?!?!

If that's not fake then that is insane. The best part was the landing, it looked like he knew exactly what he was doing, so smooth. I'm honestly flabbergasted, I had no idea anyone was that far along with hover boards (I'd call it more a Jet Board but I'm not going to argue semantics).

So when are they on sale?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

people can't safely operate unmanned drones

you want them operating this stuff?

i just can't make out one thing... where does the propulsion power come from? the device itself seems so compact yet it's so powerful

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I love how his name is Franky Zapata. Those who get that reference deserve some internet watermelons

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Wow, really cool. I want one. Looks a little dangerous if you are not over water though...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So I guess no one here knows who Frank Zappa is...

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

55 minutes ago, DXMember said:

people can't safely operate unmanned drones

Safe isn't a goal when they're carrying missles ;)

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Interesting! That looks dangerous as hell though, one small twist on the knee and he'll be plummeting.

I wonder if the people over at jetpack aviation will do a guinnes world record of their own on farthest jet pack flight

According to wiki they can fly for 10 minutes at a speed of 100 km/h, giving it theoretically over... 16km of flight distance?!?!

in before people falling from the sky and flying near airports 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

31 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

Interesting! That looks dangerous as hell though, one small twist on the knee and he'll be plummeting.

I wonder if the people over at jetpack aviation will do a guinnes world record of their own on farthest jet pack flight

According to wiki they can fly for 10 minutes at a speed of 100 km/h, giving it theoretically over... 16km of flight distance?!?!

I want it. Buy me it. My birthday's in like 8 months.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Pussies. Honestly. OMG ITS NOT SAFE LETS NOT HAVE IT BE A THING... yeah okay? Sportbikes arent safe either when you compare to a car... yet i still ride one. If you think its unsafe fine dont get it, but let others enjoy it if they want to have fun with a risk of dying so be it. Personally this is soooooooooooooooooo COOL!!! i would love to get one if they go on sale

• FX-8320  GTX 970  M5A97 R2  Corsair H100I GT  500W PSU  RIPJAWS 8GB DDR3  SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB  1TB HDD 

10 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

(I'd call it more a Jet Board but I'm not going to argue semantics).

At least it doesn't have two fucking wheels and it can fly ! U know where I'm going with this...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

32 minutes ago, Zaryab said:

Pussies. Honestly. OMG ITS NOT SAFE LETS NOT HAVE IT BE A THING... yeah okay? Sportbikes arent safe either when you compare to a car... yet i still ride one. If you think its unsafe fine dont get it, but let others enjoy it if they want to have fun with a risk of dying so be it. Personally this is soooooooooooooooooo COOL!!! i would love to get one if they go on sale

James May (from Top Gear) once said, "if you went into a health and safety office these days and said I've had this amazing idea, we can take a steel box, give it 4 wheels and an engine, a tank full of flammable fuel to propel it and we should make it move at 150+mph with nothing but a human to control it, what exactly do you think the health and safety people would say about the idea?"

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If they plan to sell it. They will classify it under ultralight until a correct classification will be made. Which means you would not need a pilots license to operate the aircraft. It does also mean that you cant fly within class a b c d or e airspace you would only be allowed to fly within class g (less than 1200 feet and away from airports). Also you would only be able to fly during the day. But i see a special classification such as sport pilot (applicable to the hoverboard) being made with slightly less strict regulations.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

12 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

Safe isn't a goal when they're carrying missles ;)

I'm talking about the slow in the head people flying AR.Drones over airports and children losing their eyes because of mentally impaired adults operating them

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

17 hours ago, DXMember said:

i just can't make out one thing... where does the propulsion power come from? the device itself seems so compact yet it's so powerful

I believe it uses 4 (or more) model plane jet engines. Similar to the ones Jet Men uses. 

jetman.png

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Amazing :D

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking