Whats with CallOfDuty community?

HmmR

today i go on youtube and saw Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare Reveal Trailer

i saw the trailer and it was amazing,it looks awesome,and they gameplay looks to be good 

then i go down to comment section and holy shit its toxic everyone are complaining its futuristic game and they want cod4 remastered only 

like wtf is wrong with the community full of stupid 12 year olds complaining even before the game came out.

5 minutes ago, HmmR said:

full of stupid 12 year olds

You answered your own question. 

EDIT: As for the "CoD 4 remastered only", the trailer really doesn't make it clear whether CoD 4 Remastered is going to be available on its own, or only with the legacy edition of Infinite Warfare. If they only include it with the legacy edition, then people are right to be pissed off. It's a way for them to make more money in that case, as well as avoiding crippling their own sales like it would if they released them at the same time, but individually. 

1 minute ago, HmmR said:

today i go on youtube and saw Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare Reveal Trailer

i saw the trailer and it was amazing,it looks awesome,and they gameplay looks to be good 

then i go down to comment section and holy shit its toxic everyone are complaining its futuristic game and they want cod4 remastered only 

like wtf is wrong with the community full of stupid 12 year olds complaining even before the game came out.

People will always complain. People were like "omg fallout new vegas wtf is this eww looks terrible wtf zenimax i hate you by the way im 9 even though i type like a 12yo" and it turned out to be a fantastic game

Its automatic, just press this button!

Here's where the complaining about a future shooter comes from:

It all started some years ago..

Call of Duty MW3 - the last "modern" shooter. No future.

Bo2 - futuristic game.

Ghosts - futuristic game.

Bo3 - futuristic game.

Advanced Warfare - futuristic game.

Infinite Warfare - futuristic game.

5 future shooters in a row. Fans are tired of it. It's still CoD, so people will buy the steaming crap anyways, and it'll just be "another CoD game." They've never done the exact same game 5 times in a row. There was MW, then WaW, then MW2, then BO, then MW3. Variety. All nearly the exact same game, but still variety. There's no variety anymore, just futuristic games that all look and play the same (except AW, which has wall running.)

Then again, it's really just Call of Duty. So who cares?

I used to be quite active here.

Because the future garbage they've been doing is garbage. It's circle-jerk development that's not good.

Its because everyone's afraid of change, they always are....

You saw the GTA 5 criticism....that game was nothing short of amazing...(albeit questionable driving physics) And yet people kept saying things like Los Santos has no SOUL....You have to have had logged in 500+ hours on GTA 4 to come up with that kind of talk, which people did....

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Well the fact that this is the third SCI-FI makes it pretty annoying and Activision, infinity ward and treyarch dosent listen on what the community wants (all they want is money)

Its not about Change its about repetitiveness, we are bored of the same shit over and over again

Others may call it "change" we already did change from modern to futuresstic, and no one likes it..

10 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Here's where the complaining about a future shooter comes from:

It all started some years ago..

Call of Duty MW3 - the last "modern" shooter. No future.

Bo2 - futuristic game.

Ghosts - futuristic game.

Bo3 - futuristic game.

Advanced Warfare - futuristic game.

Infinite Warfare - futuristic game.

5 future shooters in a row. Fans are tired of it. It's still CoD, so people will buy the steaming crap anyways, and it'll just be "another CoD game." They've never done the exact same game 5 times in a row. There was MW, then WaW, then MW2, then BO, then MW3. Variety. All nearly the exact same game, but still variety. There's no variety anymore, just futuristic games that all look and play the same (except AW, which has wall running.)

Then again, it's really just Call of Duty. So who cares?

assassins creed 1,2,3,4,5,6 all are the freaking same yet they are different enough to play through cause its a diffrent story everytime

so what if its a futuristic shooter the core mechanics matter,whether u had fun or not matters ( i have only played cod4,black opps3)and the story should be memorable 

im a csgo player i have played it for 3 years im not complaining skins are expensive or the game is too realistic and all that garbage  

gat5-same game just better story,grafics but do we complain no cause its fun

battlefield- all 5 battlefield games are modern shooters but do people complain,no its only the COD community 

4 minutes ago, HmmR said:

assassins creed 1,2,3,4,5,6 all are the freaking same yet they are different enough to play through cause its a diffrent story everytime

so what if its a futuristic shooter the core mechanics matter,whether u had fun or not matters ( i have only played cod4,black opps3)and the story should be memorable 

im a csgo player i have played it for 3 years im not complaining skins are expensive or the game is too realistic and all that garbage  

battlefield- all 5 battlefield games are modern shooters but do people complain,no its only the COD community 

Battlefield is going back to world war, prob will get more sale b/c COD community is tired of the futurestic shit

1 minute ago, HmmR said:

Here's the difference between Call of Duty and those games:

Assassin's Creed: The games are in different time periods with different mechanics, different characters, and different stories. The campaigns are memorable (according to people?) and it's a fun game.

GTAV - It's an open world Grand Theft Auto game. It's supposed to be in the real world, so the games are going to be similar in map. The games are all very different, with new mechanics added each game, a new story and whatnot.

Battlefield - Battlefields with a number after them (BF2, 3, 4, 5) are modern shooters. They're supposed to be. Guess what? Those aren't the only Battlefield games. Battlefield Bad Company isn't a modern shooter, neither is BC2. BC2 has a Vietnam War expansion which added tons of maps and changed the game. It's also had WW2 games and others. Battlefield Hardline is cops v robbers.

Call of Duty (after CoD 3): The same game over and over with different maps and weapons. Same guns, kill streaks, perks, everything - with some different maps. Campaigns suck (recently.) Now it's just future shooter after future shooter- and fans are tired of it.

8 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Here's the difference between Call of Duty and those games:

Assassin's Creed: The games are in different time periods with different mechanics, different characters, and different stories. The campaigns are memorable (according to people?) and it's a fun game.

GTAV - It's an open world Grand Theft Auto game. It's supposed to be in the real world, so the games are going to be similar in map. The games are all very different, with new mechanics added each game, a new story and whatnot.

Battlefield - Battlefields with a number after them (BF2, 3, 4, 5) are modern shooters. They're supposed to be. Guess what? Those aren't the only Battlefield games. Battlefield Bad Company isn't a modern shooter, neither is BC2. BC2 has a Vietnam War expansion which added tons of maps and changed the game. It's also had WW2 games and others. Battlefield Hardline is cops v robbers.

You forgot battlefield 2142 Its futurestic

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

You forgot battlefield 2142 Its futurestic

Thanks for reminding me ;) 

8 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Call of Duty (after CoD 3): The same game over and over with different maps and weapons. Same guns, kill streaks, perks, everything - with some different maps. Campaigns suck (recently.) Now it's just future shooter after future shooter- and fans are tired of it.

Theyve actually all been the same since BO2, you cant say that world at war and modern warfare 3 are the same game. I hope the Mw1 remaster comes separate, then ill have all the good cod games on my steam accout

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Theyve actually all been the same since BO2, you cant say that world at war and modern warfare 3 are the same game. I hope the Mw1 remaster comes separate, then ill have all the good cod games on my steam accout

WaW- run around on small maps with WW2 guns that are like lasers. Some killstreaks, perks, and nades.

MW3- run around on small maps with modern guns that are like lasers. Some killstreaks, perks, and nades.

They even have the same death animations and such. I think they're on the same engine.

6 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

WaW- run around on small maps with WW2 guns that are like lasers. Some killstreaks, perks, and nades.

MW3- run around on small maps with modern guns that are like lasers. Some killstreaks, perks, and nades.

They even have the same death animations and such. I think they're on the same engine.

World at war, 3 kill streaks, vehicles, variety of maps, detatchable limbs, zombies mode, coop campaign. All the guns handled different, there wasnt half a million different types of grenades. No pro perks

MW3, 20-25 'scorestreaks', no vehicles, meh variety of maps, no detatchable limbs, 'infected' gamemode, spec ops mode. Guns felt similar, a million grenade types, a million perks inc pro versions.

Also, world at war had some huge maps, seelow, outskirts and downfall come to mind.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

On 5/2/2016 at 0:39 PM, iDeFecZx said:

World at war, 3 kill streaks, vehicles, variety of maps, detatchable limbs, zombies mode, coop campaign. All the guns handled different, there wasnt half a million different types of grenades. No pro perks

MW3, 20-25 'scorestreaks', no vehicles, meh variety of maps, no detatchable limbs, 'infected' gamemode, spec ops mode. Guns felt similar, a million grenade types, a million perks inc pro versions.

MW3 and WaW share weapons being similar. Go load up both of 'em and tell me the guns aren't similar. I can too, I own both on Xbox 360. Spray control = pull the right thumb stick down. The guns with too much recoil are obsolete. 

48 minutes ago, HmmR said:

-snip-

So I'll agree/disagree. 

Infinite Warfare looks good, it looks like it'll be as good as BLOPS3 (which was a decent COD) based off the movement and how things are going. 
However, me and most of the community are simply tired of futuristic shooters these days. If I want to play a shooter like that, I'll play Halo or Destiny or whatever game 

that came out and was already based in the future. 
COD's prime was when it was doing modern/old-school warfare (COD4-MW3 Era). 

I DO like how Infinite Warfare looks, don't get me wrong, but after 5 future-based CODs in a row, I just want to go back to the modern/world-war era of shooters now. 
I'll give the game a go, but I'm still definitely more excited for COD4 remastered. Especially after all this boost jumping, wall running, and sliding around everywhere like 

a madman (though to be fair, the sliding doesn't bother me as it's basically just another form of the "dolphin dive" from past games). 

Advanced Warfare and BLOPS3 also both introduced the "Supply Drop" system. You can either play A LOT of matches and eventually get free drops, or you can easily pay and get a bunch of them. This system is broken as again, it takes forever to get the free drops, but also you can get duplicates, which is just stupid. You can sell your doubles, triples, etc of the same gun/item, but the problem laid with how many points you got back to go towards your next drop...which was basically nothing. These 2 games which just so happened to be set in the future, are leaving a bad impression on people overall and people are just sick of it altogether....lets not forget that the new guns in BLOPS3 have a 0.8% drop rate....

TL;DR: We have games that already go into the future, COD doesn't need to also do it. New movement system can be annoying at times and the new games have basically microtransactions that are forced onto the player if they want to get cool new stuff.

There are a lot of futuristic shooters outside of CoD. The whole thing at this point has been beaten to death by multiple companies and franchises not just CoD.

I've been hearing a lot of talk around the internet that studios should go back to WWII or even WWI era games, I have to agree with them just for a change of pace. It's been a hell of a long time since I've seen a new World Wars era FPS come out.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

23 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

EDIT: As for the "CoD 4 remastered only", the trailer really doesn't make it clear whether CoD 4 Remastered is going to be available on its own, or only with the legacy edition of Infinite Warfare. If they only include it with the legacy edition, then people are right to be pissed off. It's a way for them to make more money in that case, as well as avoiding crippling their own sales like it would if they released them at the same time, but individually. 

That does appear to be the case.

From https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ:

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is only available through the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare."

They may as well have included "or your favorite torrent site" at the end, it wouldn't have changed anything.

10 hours ago, typographie said:

They may as well have included "or your favorite torrent site" at the end, it wouldn't have changed anything.

true no one is going to pay 120$ for a COD game

hell people are waiting for steam sales to buy 60$.RIP cod4 remastered

On 5/2/2016 at 0:43 PM, Kobathor said:

World at War had no vehicles in Multiplayer.

MW3 and WaW share weapons being similar. Go load up both of 'em and tell me the guns aren't similar. I can too, I own both on Xbox 360. Spray control = pull the right thumb stick down. The guns with too much recoil are obsolete. 

but but.....Dem tanks tho

hqdefault.jpg

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

On May 2, 2016 at 0:43 PM, Kobathor said:

World at War had no vehicles in Multiplayer.

World at War DID have vehicles in multiplayer. It had a small variety of tanks. It played a lot like a mini battlefield game. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

CoD has a community?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I like Call of Duty.... campaigns.  Quite a bit actually.  

I recently bought Black Ops 3 and played through the single-player because I wanted to have a game with mindless shooting and killing... and robots.  I got exactly what I paid for and it looked beautiful in the process. 

But I didn't play it online. I don't like playing games online with random match-made people.  They're either idiotic children like the OP found, or people that have a lot of time to practice and dominate the playing field.  It's just not fun. 

Single player is the way to go.  Or play with your friends.... not strangers.